Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

1 hour ago, Long n Left said:

Merry Christmas to soccer geeks everywhere!

Same to you and yours my friend. Even if I'm still waiting on you to fix my new life I'm yet to experience! :taz:

Talking of a Merry Christmas, even he appears to be admitting defeat from his bullishness the summer now on VVD being Anfield bound :beavisnbutthead::

• @mattletiss7 Liverpool fan but just wanted to say Merry Christmas. You get a lot of ****e for being a fan of your club. You were a great player for YOUR team, something we'd all have loved to do. Still hope we get VVD obviously

2LFlOqAm_bigger.jpgMatt Le TissierVerified account @mattletiss7FollowFollow
@mattletiss7

Replying to @KelveyQB1

Thanks and you probably will! Happy Christmas 1f384.png

9:09 am - 24 Dec 2017

Hail. 

He's turned into a real top fella' yer know: 

Sadly their mentality will never allow it, but low life imbeciles like the Chelsea fans Sat'day singing the oh so hilarious Manc ditty about feeding Scousers, having walked past foodbanks and people collecting to help out that continuing disgrace on our nation in 2017 on their way into the ground; should think on.

Hail. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Funny how we all see things differently. 

FWIW, I'd pay £70 million or more straight up in a heartbeat for van Dijk. 

Personally rate him as good as any centre-half the PL and I fully believe he'd thrive at being at one of the biggest clubs in the World to go on to be one of the best in the World at the position. 

I just don't see a flaw in his game. 

At 6'4 he's an almost unbeatable beast in the air at both ends of the park with the physical frame to match. Rarely if ever do you see him get muscled off the ball. (And he's real strong the tattle to match.). Or done for speed. The big Dutchman is deceptively fast. Real comfortable on the ball with a great range of pass. Still not in his prime at 26. And the leadership qualities he'll bring is something we sorely lack right through the side. 

The perfect, cultured, rapid ball-playing defender who fits perfectly into what we do under Jürgen and what's expected out of the CH's.

Which is why Klopp's not settled for less knowing he only wants to play one place. 

Hail. 

Merry Christmas everyone!

i don't disagree totally-- I still want VVD here, and another quality CB too for that mater.  I just think that a quality keeper covers the mistakes of a defense and negates the oppo's quality up top.  Quality CB's are still going to have shots get through, and if the keeper is poor...

i asked santa for a new G/CB/CB or G/CB/DM or (if I'm allowed to be honest and greedy) G/CB/CB/DM. 

2 hours ago, dchogs said:

Merry Christmas everyone!

i don't disagree totally-- I still want VVD here, and another quality CB too for that mater.  I just think that a quality keeper covers the mistakes of a defense and negates the oppo's quality up top.  Quality CB's are still going to have shots get through, and if the keeper is poor...

i asked santa for a new G/CB/CB or G/CB/DM or (if I'm allowed to be honest and greedy) G/CB/CB/DM. 

You don't rate Karius mate?

Personally, I think he's looking better every game he plays the more confident he gets. You can certainly see the potential of a solid, dominant 'keeper there. 

Hail. 

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

You don't rate Karius mate?

Personally, I think he's looking better every game he plays the more confident he gets. You can certainly see the potential of a solid, dominant 'keeper there. 

Hail. 

Yes and no.  He has the potential to develop into a solid keeper but he is sti the #2 behind Migs- which doesn't say much for where he is now or how long it'll take him to grow into wearing the "green" for the reds.  I don't think Liverpool has time to wait for him to develop and hope they're more ambitious than having just a solid keeper by the time he gets there.  

What a fantastic footie Christmas. Boss weekend London watching an exhilarating game Arsenal and seeing 12 total goals over 2 days. Then the Mighty Reds go lick Swansea 5 in a very measured, controlled display that came alive second half with some scintillating attacking footie. Topped off with Trent's belter. Can't begin to describe the absolute high of seeing another young Scouser scoring the PL. And his first at home. In front of the Kop at that. It just doesn't get any better. Man, the pride in that connection to one of your own ..... 

I finally sang Phil's name again today. Up to now, I've just applauded him in support of the team. Down to naturally being wholly P by his lies to jib out of playing that were detrimental to the team and potentially put all the hard graft of last year at stake. But his attitude and commitment has been exemplary this year and he's earnt compansion and forgiveness. We're nothing if not fair in this City and he deserves a second chance. The past is the past. It won't be forgotten. But it's past and he's proved his total commitment to the cause and then some this season, regardless of what his future holds.

Phil Coutinho, so long as he's here, is a fully committed L'pool player in everything he does and that's ALL that matters. 

As to what the future holds, I do think it needs to be a priority again this summer that we go all out to keep him. Hopefully, if/when Barca bag Greizmann, they won't have the financial space for him. And the way Phil's elevated his game to a consistent World class level since his return this season heck knows what the fee on his head will be now? Certainly way more than what was offered the last window. And if he keeps this going and has a boss World Cup we're talking Neymar stupid money. 

And did someone say we need a proper #9? 16 goal/ 9 assist Bobby Firmino stand up and take a bow. The more he plays and understands the role as a 9 in a Klopp side, the more he looks like the total striking package. Superb game again today. 

Great to read Southampton insider Kev Palmer as well saying we're the only club thus far to have a significant offer on the table for van Dijk.: https://amp.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/comment-what-happens-next-in-the-scramble-to-sign-virgil-van-dijk-36437385.html?__twitter_impression=true

Everyone knows he's only going one club. As he has been since the end of last season. Just a question of when. He'll be a massive addition January.

And there's talk in Germany of Keita kicking up a big fuss  to get his move brought forward to January too: https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/895249/Liverpool-transfer-news-Naby-Keita-Leipzig

2018 is fixing to be a heck of a fun, exciting ride as Jürgen continues to build this and progress it on another level. 

Up the Dragon Slaying Reds! 

BTW, did I mention I'm still buzzing off Trent's belter .....

Hail. 

• Like 2

Liverpool FC player Jon Flanagan charged with assault - Liverpool Echo

****ng braindead idiot! 

What's he doing out in town to start with? You don't do that the best of times in a two-club City. It's a basic unwritten rule for every L'pool/ Everton player to swerve town. And even more so 
Chrimbo time when every P up tinsel wearing **** is out. 

Not that he had any sort of career left here but that's him and well and truly done at L'pool.

Hail. 

• Sad 1

if the VVD deal is for January and Keita is successful at working his way out of Leipzig this winter window, that'll be a nice boost for the back half.  hopefully VVD can deal with the inevitable weight that comes with being the most expensive defender on the planet. 

now, a new top flight keeper and an established DM this summer...

god, i'm glad the VVD saga is over... and glad he went red.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Look at that ****ing Blood Red kit.  Brilliant.  Get the **** in FSG.  About a keeper away, now.

28 minutes ago, dchogs said:

if the VVD deal is for January and Keita is successful at working his way out of Leipzig this winter window, that'll be a nice boost for the back half.  hopefully VVD can deal with the inevitable weight that comes with being the most expensive defender on the planet. 

now, a new top flight keeper and an established DM this summer...

god, i'm glad the VVD saga is over... and glad he went red.

Mascherano might be on a one year.

Could do worse.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DC9 said:

Add him to the list with Shaqiri of recent players we thankfully dodged.

He also looks like he's gained about 10-15 lbs since arriving in England.

Too bad dude  turn out to be a slacker with all the early success gone to his head. 

Could have been awesome with Klopp with his skill set. 

• Like 2