Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

30 minutes ago, DC9 said:

First thing I felt after the goal was elation, the second thing I felt was relief... the third thing I felt was fear for the Everton wives.

C0Hq7vwXcAA97Dx.jpg

Best goal celebration EVER last night lil' bro'. We've had some mad, boss ones over the years but that was last night was epically spectacular. NO better way to win a game of football. 

Lead to some VERY ugly scenes outside after and over the park (just LOVE having a lil' gob****e screaming 'MURDERERS!' in me face like), but man alive the ecstasy of a winner like that in the 94th minute coupled with the hatred and fume the side of you just can't be beaten! 

:rofl89::rofl89:

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

It's the Ev Robbo lad. Sadly reverting to type and behaving EXACTLY like you'd expect. 'Friendly Derby' my pasty white ass! 

Don't generalise. So I won't. But if you're among the number singing about being victims or you're miming pushing walls...you're a prick.

Hail.

hours ago

^^^^^ And FAR more loyalty and principles too. 

Great to read. Thought it'd be real strange for Wagner to sack off Huddersfield only 5 months in.

He'll get his choices of big clubs down the line if he keeps on building Town like he is. Wolfsburg doesn't qualify as one of those.

Hail. 

• Like 3

Does not make him any less selfish, tbh :ols:

Happy we had Danny to bring off the bench yesterday.  I wanted him on at the hour mark.

2 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:
Officially has more balls than Bob "Coaching in Denmark for 2017" Bradley. 

Can't wait for him to coach the USMNT in the future.

That's VERY surprising.  Wow!  And good for him.

Dortmund v Ausburg match is cracking in the second half.

If this is that current status of US college soccer, the future for the US team is VERY bright.;)

19 minutes ago, SkinInsite said:

Dembele is so good, i'd break the bank for him in the summer.

He was just signed last window, so he's going nowhere (and everyone had their chance).  He's signed through 2021 and very happy at Dortmund.  Also, he's not even their best attacking player.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Let me get that clear. You're saying Daniel Sturridge is all about Daniel Sturridge?

Hail. 

Yes, in third person ominsent, even. :ols:

3 hours ago, btfoom said:

and Bobby Wood scores a fantastic goal, giving Hamburg a 2-0 lead over Schalke and certainly now all 3 points.  I'll try to find link later.

I'm watching your battle royale tomorrow afternoon for the top place in BL before Christmas.  Don't let me down!

4 hours ago, btfoom said:

Dortmund v Ausburg match is cracking in the second half.

If this is that current status of US college soccer, the future for the US team is VERY bright.;)

He was just signed last window, so he's going nowhere (and everyone had their chance).  He's signed through 2021 and very happy at Dortmund.  Also, he's not even their best attacking player.  

He's certainly not going anywhere seeing as how they're about to lose the American either in January for a profit or the summer for zilch.

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

This. 200% THIS! ****ing wise up and remember who you are and where you come from. 

Hail. 

I was shocked at some of the stuff they were singing.  Never really paid attention to the blue half but they were louder than usual yesterday. 

Glad you got to be there for that.  It had to be sweet.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

Yes, in third person ominsent, even. :ols:

Don't be like the retards on social media lil' bro with their ridiculous narrative that Sturridge is lazy/ doesn't care/ self cantered/ insert appropriate false adjective. 

If he's so self centred, why do his teammates and manager speak SO highly of him constantly? Only today Lovren was saying how hard he'd worked the past month to be back last night and what a difference maker he is as witnessed on the goal. And then you have Daniel coaching the kids today. Which has gone under the radar as it doesn't fit the 'Sturridge has a bad attitude' narrative so doesn't make the headlines. 

He's a top drawer striker, by far and away the best finisher we have, who's just been real unlucky with injury. Which leads to more B/S around social media when he's coming back on the bench and isn't happy. Why the F would you want ANYONE to be happy being on the bench? But it's absolute codswallop to me and highly insulting that so many run with the lazy/ doesn't care et all narrative. Which from many comes from the fact he's not a Danny Ings type in your face player. Completely ignoring the fact Sturridge never stops moving and creating space for himself. Working hard for the team in so doing. 

He's happy as Larry at LFC. He's never once complained (A striker naturally saying he's not happy playing wide but will happily do what his manager asks doesn't constitute that as the narrative goes) or caused any unrest. As frustrated as it must be to not be playing. His manager loves him. His teammates love him. The only people that don't who should are the fans. 

I honestly don't get the widespread Sturridge hate around the net from L'pool 'fans' when we should be relishing that we have a player of his quality at the football club who is happy to be a L'pool player. 

Thankfully the manager at least does and until such time as that changes, Daniel Sturridge will remain an integral part of this squad. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Don't be like the retards on social media lil' bro with their ridiculous narrative that Sturridge is lazy/ doesn't care/ self cantered/ insert appropriate false adjective. 

Hail. 

I don't hate Sturridge.

I can like someone and still be honest about who he is and Daniel Sturridge is one of the most selfish guys on the team.

And by selfish I mean he's going to take that 18 yard shot instead of playing the thru ball across to Bobby or the like.  He cost us a ton of goals in 13-14 cause he didn't want to lay it off to Sterling or someone else on a far post run.

Again, it's not to say he isn't a good team mate or a top shelf striker cause I agree with both that he probably is.

Although I think you're still being overly harsh on Daniel's play (never in the slightest thought you 'hated' him BTW. Just the narrative about his perceived attitude gets old around social media), strikers are the most selfish football position by definition. Always have been. Always will be. They have to be to score goals. 

You won't find many all time great goal scorers that aren't selfish when they're in range of goal. Suarez and his mate at Barcelona are the modern exception to the rule. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DC9 said:

I was shocked at some of the stuff they were singing.  Never really paid attention to the blue half but they were louder than usual yesterday. 

Glad you got to be there for that.  It had to be sweet.

As I mentioned on here after the match, even given it's them in their rabid Derby hatred, I seriously couldn't believe they lowered themselves to the 'Always the Victim' ****e. And when they naturally got the reaction from us about not being Scousers singing that Manc disgrace, MANY of them where giving BOTH pushing the wall over and faces pressed against a fence gestures. The last minute winner just added to some VERY ugly scenes after outside and over the park. (SO much fun coming out having lil' knobheads screaming in yer face 'MURDERERS!'). The 'Friendly Derby' right Sky?

The sad thing is we've always had great solidarity with Everton and Everton fans over Hillsborough. And the vast majority that go the match are decent lads and still give that. But if you stand around and let that **** happen and don't condone it, forgive us for tarring yers all with the same brush as you're as big a part of the problem as the ****bags doing it. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

This. 200% THIS! ****ing wise up and remember who you are and where you come from. 

Hail. 

Simply and completely unacceptable behavior.

After the Brazil plane crash, the best in football teams/fans came out in support and coming together as a community.

I don't care what team you support or how much you 'hate' the other team, in the end it isn't really life or death (sorry, Mr Shankley).  To sing songs about people losing their lives, just to 'get at' other fans is a total disgrace.

=================================================================================================

Found the link for Bobby Woods goal (favorite is the last view, seeing the GK snap his head back to watch the ball sail into the net):

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2016/12/20/bobby-wood-goal-hamburg-schalke-video-bundesliga

@DC9 - I"m taking off work to watch the Bayern v RB match.  I hope that it lives up to the hype.

Edited by btfoom
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

So many Rebels easter eggs...(saw the movie last night).

Hope that the two members of the Ghost referenced or shown aren't the only 2 that are still alive. 

spoiler below

Hide contents

Chopper was briefly shown in one scene and there was a intercom call for General Syndulla (which has been clarified to be Hera and not her father). 

The problem is.. when Mon Mothma and Bail Organna were talking and she asked about his jedi friend (OB1)..why didn't she ask Hera about her two jedi friends also? Makes me think they died sometime over the 1-2 years between Rebels and Rogue One. 

Great show. I really look forward to Rebels and hate when its on break.