Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Didi's response ...... :rofl89::rofl89::rofl89: 

Ben Woodburn wasn't even born the last time Everton won a trophy ?☕️

Didi Hamann Retweeted THE ANFIELD WRAP

And it'll probably be still the same once he gets kids!

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

I don't think anything I've said is untrue in all honesty. Deep down I think you'd admit it too. I stick by my Snyder criticisms all the way too btw :ols:

Why does this narrative evade the pages of ES? Seems like all other Liverpool fans accept the fact that Anfield has zero atmosphere. 

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=315738.7040

17 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Do you struggle with reading comprehension Morrison? 

Honest question. Or do you just take selective parts of what's posted and take that as gospal to suit your cause?

Hail. 

Not that I'm aware of GHH tbf. Feel free to enlighten me on why you feel otherwise if you feel the need. 

Look, all I'm saying is that the Anfield atmosphere is a complete myth. None of you are going to admit it on here but as illustrated by the link to the forum above its obviously a known problem. It's just a shame that the premier league I so want my team to get to is devoid of any real passion these days. A trip to Anfield or the Emirates or the Etihad doesn't even excite me that much any more if I'm really honest. All full of soulless fans who are more interested in taking pictures then watching the match. Elland Road, even though you won't admit it, thankfully has some remains of an atmosphere. 

I've made the mistake of making a derogatory comment about Liverpool which automatically makes me villafied on here so on that note I'm going to leave it there! 

Fair play on winning tonight too. Close game where you took your chances and we simply didn't. Deserved winners. 

8 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Didi's response ...... :rofl89::rofl89::rofl89: 

Ben Woodburn wasn't even born the last time Everton won a trophy ?☕️

Didi Hamann Retweeted THE ANFIELD WRAP

And it'll probably be still the same once he gets kids!

Hail.

@TheAnfieldWrap Ben Woodburn wasn't born the last time Everton won at Anfield

Hail.

Presuming they beat West Ham, and I'll be real surprised if they don't, particularly if West Ham make changes, I think out of what's left I'd rather Utd the semi's. 

Hull would guarantee you a final day out all things being equal, but it'd be two ****e games and Hull's a crap place to go. Grey and dull with not much of anything. And with the current stay-away protests and not increasing away allocations, chances are they'll try make it back by bumping up the ticket prices again. Defo don't want a trip to Arsenal or Southampton on a Wednesday night. (Or West Ham if they did win tonight.). 

So help me for saying this but I'll take Utd the semi draw please out of what's left. 

Hail. 

9 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

'Not that you're aware of', yet you go do it again in the very next paragraph. 

Hail. 

Bar coming across as condescending I honestly don't even know what your trying to get at tbh.  

Liverpool are near enough top of the league with a young exciting team and a charismatic well-regarded manager. Yes it was a cup game but it was a QF of the cup. Was genuinely surreal how poor your support is. Not sure if Premier League football appeals to me as much as I want to believe. The passionate football fans are clearly only in the lower tiers of English football these days. 

Just now, Morrison J said:

Bar coming across as condescending I honestly don't even know what your trying to get at tbh.  

Liverpool are near enough top of the league with a young exciting team and a charismatic well-regarded manager. Yes it was a cup game but it was a QF of the cup. Was genuinely surreal how poor your support is. Not sure if Premier League football appeals to me as much as I want to believe. The passionate football fans are clearly only in the lower tiers of English football these days. 

You flippantly run with this B/S that Reds on here say Anfield is constantly bouncing when nothing could be further from the truth. Only in reviewing Saturday's game two or three pages back I slammed us and what Klopp had to galvanise to turn it around into a great atmosphere the last half hour. 

The rest I'll just leave as your flight of fancy when it's just as ****e at every level. 

Hail. 

11 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

You flippantly run with this B/S that Reds on here say Anfield is constantly bouncing when nothing could be further from the truth. Only in reviewing Saturday's game two or three pages back I slammed us and what Klopp had to galvanise to turn it around into a great atmosphere the last half hour. 

The rest I'll just leave as your flight of fancy when it's just as ****e at every level. 

Hail. 

Well every Liverpool fan I ever talk to talks about themselves as if they are the greatest fans to ever walk the earth. I remember getting into this with you before and you'd never admit that Anfield was a glorified library. The narrative of Anfield being so special under the lights etc being thrown out there yet once the match starts it inevitable turns silent. If you've moved on from that then fair play! 

And it most definitely isn't like that at every level. Ask any Leeds fan and they'll tell you that's probably the worst home crowd we've played in front of all year. Many championship clubs that are well able to create an atmosphere. Seems like those days are over in the Premiership. We've played in the Emirates, Etihad, Old Trafford and Anfield in recent years and they're all as dead as the other. Huge shame. 

29 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

Well every Liverpool fan I ever talk to talks about themselves as if they are the greatest fans to ever walk the earth. I remember getting into this with you before and you'd never admit that Anfield was a glorified library. The narrative of Anfield being so special under the lights etc being thrown out there yet once the match starts it inevitable turns silent. If you've moved on from that then fair play! 

And it most definitely isn't like that at every level. Ask any Leeds fan and they'll tell you that's probably the worst home crowd we've played in front of all year. Many championship clubs that are well able to create an atmosphere. Seems like those days are over in the Premiership. We've played in the Emirates, Etihad, Old Trafford and Anfield in recent years and they're all as dead as the other. Huge shame. 

Mate, get over yourself. You're talking the exact same ****ing way about Leeds fans. (As well as rewriting history on our previous discussions which are on these here pages for anyone so inclined to look back on.). 

When in truth you're just the preverbal lower league meffs who resort to base wool ****housery and think it's great when you're repeating it over and over. 'You're **** AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!' when Mingolet took every goal kick? SERIOUSLY? Get to **** with that Sunday League crap. The same as singing about ****ing Utd and Chelsea when you're not even playing them. 

You're FAR from a great set of supporters however you want to push the fallacy that you are. Just a horrible set of lads living in the dark ages. 

And you wonder why you're universally despised? Ot rather don't as Leeds revel in it like some ****ed up badge of honour. 

Hail. 

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

*are. 

Hail. 

I get the impression you haven't watched too much of us so.

RANK CLUB YC RC POINTS
1 Nottingham Forest 43 5 58
2 Aston Villa 50 0 50
3 Wolverhampton Wanderers 45 1 48
4 Reading 40 2 46
5 Brighton & Hove Albion 36 3 45
6 Wigan Athletic 42 0 42
  Huddersfield Town 39 1 42
  Queens Park Rangers 36 2 42
9 Barnsley 35 2 41
  Fulham 35 2 41
11 Brentford 36 1 39
12 Birmingham City 32 2 38
  Norwich City 35 1 38
  Blackburn Rovers 38 0 38
  Newcastle United 35 1 38
16 Burton Albion 33 1 36
17 Rotherham United 29 2 35
  Preston North End 35 0 35
19 Cardiff City 26 2 32
20 Sheffield Wednesday 25 2 31
  Ipswich Town 31 0 31
  Bristol City 28 1 31
23 Leeds United 30 0 30
24 Derby County 27 0 27

Edited by Morrison J

Right, Arsenal out. 

Utd or Hull please. Anyone bar Southampton midweek! 

Hail. 

*Edit* OH FFS! Frigging Southampton AGAIN!

Should be straight forward for the final but that trek again. Sighs.

Fixed draw to try guarantee the showpiece final if ever I seen one! 

Hmmmm. Firmino, Lallana, Matip and Sturridge haven't trained at all this week thus far. If none of them are out there today, that'll see a few changes Sunday. 

Would imagine Origi will defo start with Mané one side of him. Wijnaldum pushed on the other side? Or maybe Ejaria? Milner back in midfield (or even pushed up the left wing if you left Wijnaldum in there) with Clyne LB and A-A his league debut at RB? (Or just drop Moreno in but I'd roll with Trent personally if Milners elsewhere.). Grujić given his head the midfield alongside Can?  Defo stat Lucas over Klavan if Matip misses personally. Not that Klavan's done anything wrong. Just Lucas has been so good at centre back. Hell, wouldn't even be worried if Woodburn pulled the start. 

First time this season the league you're actually left thinking about the starting XI which is novel haha. 

Testing the squad like but great to have options all over. 

Hail.