Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Danny Ings: Liverpool striker to miss rest of the season because of injury - BBC Sport

Well that really sucks for him. He's worked so hard to get back playing ahead of schedule too and had an exemplary attitude playing for the U-23's. 

Gutted for him. At least it's not the same knee. 

Could now well see a scenario where Ings is ultimately sold. By the time he's (hopefully) back to full fitness, Klopp will of been here two years and the team will have evolved even more. Without him having any real opportunity to look at Danny. 

Seriously devo'd for him.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Good away win for Bayern yesterday.  Overall dominant performance with PSV goal clearly off-side.

One issue is Bayern are too susceptible to quick counters.  Need to improve on that to proceed far in UCL.  Next match vs Atleti to determine the most likely group winner.

On 01/11/2016 at 6:17 PM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Uh oh. Appears José's gone into full blown José mode quicker than anticipated. 2nd charge in the space of what, 6 days?

The FA @ FA  4h4 hours ago 

Jose Mourinho has been charged with misconduct following @ManUtd's @premierleague game against @BurnleyOfficial on Saturday:

CwLg6C1W8AAHo7d.jpg

Hail. 

He's escaped with just the one game ban:

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho banned for one game and fined by FA | Football News | Sky Sports

Hail. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

And the young American has just curled in a peach of an equaliser. Brilliant goal. 

1-1. The young lads are all over Porto. Real fun watching the U-23's/ U-18's this season. The whole club is flying. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

The appointment of a sporting director shows the Reds are back to doing things the ‘Liverpool way’ | JOE.co.uk

Seem's we're obviously splitting Ayre's roll in preparation for when he leaves. (Presume that prick Hogan will be bumped to CEO now. Which will suit him still being able to live and work in London. Which is a disgrace in itself but is what it is.). Love the fact that not only does Edwards have a great relationship with Klopp, but we now have a definitive, PROPER football person working alongside him and there's now a definitive structure within the football club from Henry to Gordon/ Werner to Hogan to Klopp to Edwards, with the latter two being solely responsible for the football side/ acquisitions/ contracts. With the KEY, fundamental part of Klopp still having the final say over everything and Edwards in effect working for him. 

After the complete carnage of Hicks and Gillett, and the early mistakes of FSG, it's great to finally have an efficient, professional organisation again with a proper football structure for the modern age. 

Although I still have issues with FSG and their bollocks idea of fan relations, to echo DC9, in most every other facet I could not be happier with the way that Liverpool Football Club is evolving by the passing day at most every level as it gets back to being one of the major players again.

Hail. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

What's up with the late starts today?  I'm gonna miss the Chelsea game because it starts so late I'll be out tailgating with my buddies.  Gonna have to keep up on my phone unfortunately 

Outside of Chelsea- Everton at half 5, it's exactly as it should be. Everything else 3 PM Saturday today. 

Tomorrows staggered kick-off's are were it gets beyond ridiculous just so they can get three live TV games in. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

On 03/11/2016 at 2:23 AM, DC9 said:

I love how the academy is actually developing players now.  The likes of which we haven't seen since the 90s.

I just could not be happier with this club right now.  I love them.

Simple as that.

Unfortunately I can't find a stream anywhere but Brook's has just scored for the 4th straight home U-23 game, this time to put the U-23's 1 up against Huddersfield in the PL Cup. 

In great form. Again, Ings misfortune is someone like the young American's good fortune. 

Hail. 

*Edit* Finished 3-0. Brooks, a Wilson peno and Cam Branigan more or less ensuring the young guns progress out of their group. 

• Like 2

Another major bonus with Citeh dropping points yet again they never should of for the third straight home game. 

Watched the second half and based off that Middlesbrough fully deserved it but by all accounts City completely and utterly bossed the first half. 6 points dropped to Southampton, Everton and Middlesbrough at home in three successive games. Not too clever. 

Now for Everton to hopefully add to another great Saturday. (And now I need to go bleach out my mouth for wanting that!).

Hail. 

• Like 2

Championship game for the daughter and son today... not even lying, it was a combined 30-0.

Daughter's team won 22-0, and that was with everyone (including her, which is it's own feat) on the team scoring a goal.  Felt bad for the other team - our coach started playing 4 vs 7 but we were still scoring at the end.  BT will like this, the coach is German and their son is absolutely ridiculous.

My son's team went up against this team that actually did the ****ing Haka before the match.  The parents were insufferable.  They have the leading goal scorer in the league and were undefeated.  Then they met my son... the ****ing Grim Keeper.  It was 8 ****ing nil the final.  Their star was in one on one twice.  The first time Aedan cut his angle down and flipped him over when making a stop and the second time he shot it early from the top of the 18' (he didn't want that noise twice...) for an easy save.  That was really the only drama for the game was were they going to score on us.

Don't know how they were undefeated.  We never played them before and they weren't that good.  The parents were ass holes all out on the touch line, but after the save Junior made with the score already 4-0 they started to find their seats in the bleachers and I looked over to their side and said, "Yeah... it's starting to sink in isn't it?"  They heard me... they just chose not to look. :)

An amazing weekend so far :)

And Jurgen's Reds to come tomorrow.

• Like 2