Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Like r kid alluded to, how f-ing easy was that? That's two rounds now we've done what we should. With minimum fuss. Been a lot of years since that was the case these type of games. 

Bobby and Phil sublime. Origi belting in a cracker. Karina a keeper with boss distribution. WTF is that all about? 

And to top the night off, the blue ****e out. No trophy since 1995! 

Job done. Relaxing night out with Kloppos boys. Is it Sat'day and Hull already?

Mighty Treble Chasing Reds!

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Old Bay said:

Probably true.  I think he's done pretty well in the transfer window considering our limited funds.  But he's not looked impressive as a manager for us (which seems to be a trend).  Where we go from him I'm not sure.  I know a lot of fans have been clamoring for a motivator type like Neil Warnock, etc.

From my own first hand experience I'd be avoiding Warnock like the plague. A footballing dinosaur who hasn't adjusted with the sport at all. Steve Bruce would be a very good hire imo. 

• Like 1

Good solid effort by the boys in Red. Firmino MOTM for me...Didn't score, but made everything happen. Seemed like he was everywhere at once. Phil and Ragnar the Red close behind. 

The distribution nice from Karius, but looked a little shaky on a couple corners. First time out, I'm sure that'll tighten up. 

Really liked what I saw from Grujic. He looks the part. Strong challenges, dribble out of trouble and/or into space to start an attack, some nice passes and balls through. Can better up his game, he looked off to me tonight, or Grujic is gonna take his minutes.

All in all, just the performance I'd hoped for, but seemed as though they missed the pace of Mane, Gini, and Lallana.

Nice to be able to put such a solid side out there knowing you're even THAT much stronger.

• Like 2

That quick counter where Derby were played in behind the defense and Karius goes to the top of the box tackle it away.... lot's to like about him.  He'll get better.

And what the **** did Alby do to his hair?  I appreciate that he's trying to change himself... but come on son.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DC9 said:

That quick counter where Derby were played in behind the defense and Karius goes to the top of the box tackle it away.... lot's to like about him.  He'll get better.

And what the **** did Alby do to his hair?  I appreciate that he's trying to change himself... but come on son.

This was literally his starting position most the game. Neuer has nottin' on this sweeper 'keeper!

Cs1DbsXXEAAm9wz.jpg

Moreno's a continued dick but he actually had a very solid game. Never caught out of position. Linked play well down the left. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

On 9/19/2016 at 7:14 AM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

United have run less distance than any other team in the league thus far this season. 

By contrast, L'pool, City and Tottenham have put in more work than any other side. 

Different styles of play, and make of that what you will. But that's a BIG disparity between L'pool, City and Utd. 

A Mourinho team dead last in work rate. That's when you know something is WHOLLY not right. 

TOTAL DISTANCE COVERED (KM)
1 LIVERPOOL 581.6
2 MANCHESTER CITY 570.7
3 TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR 565.9
4 BURNLEY 563.9
5 WEST BROMWICH ALBION 562.9
6 ARSENAL 556.4
7 MIDDLESBROUGH 554.6
8 BOURNEMOUTH 549.4
9 SOUTHAMPTON 545.1
10 LEICESTER CITY 544.8
11 SWANSEA CITY 543.2
12 EVERTON 541.2
13 WEST HAM UNITED 539.5
14 CHELSEA 539.4
15 WATFORD 539.1
16 STOKE CITY 536.4
17 HULL CITY 536.3
18 CRYSTAL PALACE 533.9
19 SUNDERLAND 526.7
20 MANCHESTER UNITED 526.6

Hail. 

Smells a lot like Fellaini.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, btfoom said:

Slow down there, kid.  Wait until he does it in a UCL match and then we will talk.  :806:

Haha. I was on about his starting position. Not quality of keeper. 

There's good/ great 'keepers the World.

Then there's De Gea and Neuer on a plain on their own. 

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, DC9 said:

Match not televised and I'm not going to be able to get out for this one.  I'm pissed.  Will have to keep track on twitter.

Anything new on Gomez? 

Been wiping this one's nose since he could walk.

Derby County vs Liverpool Highlights & Full Match Video Goals

Gomez still isn't outside yet but is back building strength up. Next month is apparently the next phase and getting working back to full staining with the group. 

Love yer 'bro. 

Hail. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Morrison J said:

From my own first hand experience I'd be avoiding Warnock like the plague. A footballing dinosaur who hasn't adjusted with the sport at all. Steve Bruce would be a very good hire imo. 

The way we're going I expect another Steve Kean type hire over a Steve Bruce type hire.

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Is Coyle under threat of the axe now?

Hail. 

There's so little communication with the owners and the board is aptly put in a quote I read "appear to be simply incapable, powerless or absent from duty."  So, really, I don't know.  He's bought a bit of a stay from fans with the win over Rotherham, and it sounds like the team fought well against Leeds.  But we're 5 points from 8 games.  If he doesn't pick it up soon then you have to imagine we'll be on our 7th manager in 6 years.

5 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Hail.

I wasn't even about the quality of GK, only the type of environment. Good win again for Pool. I am very interested to see how the Hull match goes this weekend.  If it goes well, the rest of the PL better watch out because if they crack the bus/wall type of teams, I don't see anyone - yes even Citeh - who will stop them.

Of course, Neuer has his 'moments':

10 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Hail.

I was at a  goalkeeping clinic for clinic for coaches in August and they were ragging on De Gea over how much he uses his feet to make saves.

basically, the point ended up being unless you are De Gea (or hope solo on the women's side) use your hands. But if you are #1 or 2 do whatever the heck you want.

• Like 1

That draws looking real good. 

Guaranteed to lose one of the two Manchester clubs, either West Ham or Chelsea, Southampton or Sunderland, with at least 2 Championship sides guaranteed to be in the quarters. 

Add Tottenham to the list presuming we put them out as we should at home and the quarter finals are well opening up.

Hail. 

• Like 1

I think we should dust Spurs off with a healthy squad.

More buzzing for Saturday at the moment.  Looking forward to seeing the 11, it's like Christmas waiting to see whose coming out.

El Mohammady and Snodgrass are two of the better role players no one talks about.  But Livermore being suspended will help.  Should be a 2 goal win.  I'll think 3-1.  Have to get one early to pull them out.

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

That draws looking real good. 

Guaranteed to lose one of the two Manchester clubs, either West Ham or Chelsea, Southampton or Sunderland, with at least 2 Championship sides guaranteed to be in the quarters. 

Add Tottenham to the list presuming we put them out as we should at home and the quarter finals are well opening up.

Hail. 

If Leeds make the quarters maybe we can get TK to let us host an interview for the tailgate between us and Morrison and Martin.  Just talking to them about what it's like to be back and stuff.

• Like 1