Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Well this was supposed to be the game for me to show that Klopp had learned his less from last year, and that's that there are no bye weeks in the Premier League.  And he hasn't.  Arrogant 11 put out.  That has to be corrected if we're to be there at the end this season.  This was ridiculous and embarrassing and he's got to shoulder some of the blame for it.  He got it wrong.

1 minute ago, DC9 said:

Well this was supposed to be the game for me to show that Klopp had learned his less from last year, and that's that there are no bye weeks in the Premier League.  And he hasn't.  Arrogant 11 put out.  That has to be corrected if we're to be there at the end this season.  This was ridiculous and embarrassing and he's got to shoulder some of the blame for it.  He got it wrong.

Got to ask. Shy of Origi for Sturridge, what was wrong with the selected side?

Hail.

8 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Got to ask. Shy of Origi for Sturridge, what was wrong with the selected side?

Hail.

Henderson isn't a starting CM for a Liverpool team that wants to win the League. 

But Sturridge doing absolutely no work did no favors for the attack and conceding early was awful.  We're never breaking a team down that sits, we could be here all weekend and we're not scoring.

****ing ruined my whole week... of the Redskins, Nats, and LFC, LFC EASILY had the easiest match-up and has totally bottled it.  I'm not about making excuses, I'm about beating the last ****ing place team in the table.

What a comeback for Chelsea.  What. A. Comeback.  

Batshuayi with the cleanup equalizer.  Costa with the winner (should have been sent off again for a bad dive being his second yellow) after a superb pass from Fabregas traveling 50 meters.  Fabregas should start now, the whole game changed when he and Batshuayi came on.  

Saved my weekend!  

a77034f5012f60e0f3c06d999339277a.jpg

Another example of how misleading and often superfluous stats can be. 

Congratulations Burnley. Weird day. Nowhere near clinical enough the final third. Should never of lost that but Burnley were so well done them. That's football. 

Onto Burton.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Morrison J said:

Everton going to have a good season imo. Massive underachievers last year under Martinez with that squad. 

For sure, last year was awful, we have the players to be better than that. Excited to see what Koeman can do and see what type of squad he builds. Our depth is better, but still need to bring in a few players and definitely another striker. Also a keeper. Although for the second straight game Stekelenburg has come up with a big save, so props to him.

Just now, MisterPinstripe said:

For sure, last year was awful, we have the players to be better than that. Excited to see what Koeman can do and see what type of squad he builds. Our depth is better, but still need to bring in a few players and definitely another striker. Also a keeper. Although for the second straight game Stekelenburg has come up with a big save, so props to him.

Yep and a relatively young core of players in Barkley, Lukaku, Deulofeu etc who are only going to improve. Once Williams gets fit he'll be a brilliant signing too. Top 8 finish very achievable. 

13 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Wooooooo nice to come out with 3 points. The more points we can get early as we learn Koeman and get our fitness up the better setup we will be. Bolasie and Lukaku seemed to  be working well, hopefully that connection heats up as they play together.

Told you to trust in Koeman. 

Scrap the testy thang BTW too. Surprising to myself I really aren't. Quite calm here. Just bemused and a little frustrated at what I just watched. But that's football. 

Hail. 

4 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Told you to trust in Koeman. 

Scrap the testy thang BTW too. Surprising to myself I really aren't. Quite calm here. Just bemused and a little frustrated at what I just watched. But that's football. 

Hail. 

So far so good. Im looking forward to see how we play once we get our fitness up. Going into Stoke at 4 points, winnable game so we shall see. Really hoping we are able to bring in Hart.

I will say I was surprised at the lack of testy-ness. I have been bemused too many times as a Redskins fan, I think its a worse feeling then being worked up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DC9 said:

****ing ruined my whole week... of the Redskins, Nats, and LFC, LFC EASILY had the easiest match-up and has totally bottled it.  I'm not about making excuses, I'm about beating the last ****ing place team in the table.

Yer know lil' bro', I'm looking around social media at both the fume of L'pool fans, and the mocking of in particular Utd and Everton fans, and I'm still not feeling it. Frustrated- Undoubtedly. L'pool didn't have the answers they should against far inferior opposition yet again. Bemused- Most assuredly. Still hard to fathom how you can lose a game of football after dominating to such an extent. But I'm still not pissed or feeling the fume raging right now. I get it. The arl 'Here we go again. Same **** different season' thing. And I'd normally be real down after a loss like that and on the warpath too. But this wasn't Watford or Newcastle or Palace from last season. This didn't have that feel at all to me outside the ultimate frustration at losing. Those games we had no idea and were never in them. Today, we completely dominated but made poor final decisions. And that's not to excuse the players. None of them come out with any glowing colours. But it's all fixable things. Mane was a big loss with the difference making he gives that we don't have in anyone else. But the attacking third decisions should of been much better. Hard to legislate for the mistakes on both Burnley's goals. But that's the last 5 shots on Mingolet's goal that have gone past him. That HAS to play on defenders minds when you know you have to be perfect to keep opponents TOTALLY away from your goal or else there's the very serious threat of a goal every time with him behind you. 

I would criticise the manger on a few things. Why are we playing Daniel Sturridge wide and deep, with Firmino ahead of him? In theory it's clever. (When Firmino is making forward runs which he wasn't today.). But when Origi comes on, UP FRONT, and Firmino drops back wide, you have to question why one and not the other when if anything the reverse for both would work better. And talking of Origi, not that he got started when he did come on, but why leave it until 65 to change when we just didn't have the final third answer? And there needed to be more pace to our game. That's when we're at our best. When it's flowing and instinctive. 

But again, with better decision making, 9 times out of 10 we win a game like that we dominate to such an extent. And that is a lot less of a problem then we had after a loss like this last season. 

I don't know. A very frustrating afternoon, but not feeling the fume going around. Shrugs. But we can't afford many more like that. Starting next week at Tottenham. 

Congratulations Burnley. You could say you mugged us as you scored, parked the bus, broke, and got back on that bus. But you were clinical and kept to your game plan. We weren't and only half did ours. That's football. This ones past. 

36 more games Reds. Get Burton out the way then back on track next Sat'day.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Congratulations Burnley. You could say you mugged us as you scored, parked the bus, broke, and got back on that bus. But you were clinical and kept to your game plan. We weren't and only half did ours. That's football. This ones past. 

36 more games Reds. Get Burton out the way then back on track next Sat'day.

Hail. 

Hope you don't mind this comment.

This is just the type of game I feared Pool would be in much of the season.  One team playing football, one not.

Really hope to see more going for the former, not the latter.  Your side and fans deserve much more.

• Like 2