Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Bundesliga is an inferior league... like we've been trying to tell you for a couple of years now.

This is a pretty silly argument to go down, not just picking u out DC9 it's an arguement that goes on and irritates me, What league is the best is purely subjective and what you enjoy from watching football.
  • Like 1

This is a pretty silly argument to go down, not just picking u out DC9 it's an arguement that goes on and irritates me, What league is the best is purely subjective and what you enjoy from watching football.

Well, if you are reading the context of the discussion, it's 3rd in terms of competition.

1) Scotland (Celtic - though hopefully with Rangers up next year it's competitive)

2) Ligue 1 (clearly PSG...)

3) Bundesliga - (Bayern Munich, Dortmund gives it a good run every now and then)

Pretty simple to me.

I was out of town this weekend and missed the Merseyside Pirlo's goal. I can only imagine that it was a thunderbolt from distance...

It was Lallana range, yes :lol:

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

Well, if you are reading the context of the discussion, it's 3rd in terms of competition.

1) Scotland (Celtic - though hopefully with Rangers up next year it's competitive)

2) Ligue 1 (clearly PSG...)

3) Bundesliga - (Bayern Munich, Dortmund gives it a good run every now and then)

Would agree with the top two. But I would have serie A ahead of the bundesliga. Juve are further ahead of Roma and Napoli than Bayern are of Dortmund and Wolfsburg.
  • Like 1

Not sure if the iPlayer will work over there but BBC2 on the hour (or available after) if you can stomach it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/schedules/bbctwo/20160508

Hail. 

That was the 30 for 30, right?  I thought you'd seen that a couple of years ago?

I saw twitter blowing up with it...

Would agree with the top two. But I would have serie A ahead of the bundesliga. Juve are further ahead of Roma and Napoli than Bayern are of Dortmund and Wolfsburg.

GHH is the only one I know who still watches Italian football live.  The games are so slow.

Fair point with Italy, though the money is hurting them more than anything else.  I really think that entire league is in for hard times.

Just looking at Sevilla's record away this season: 

In La Liga: P18 W 0 D 9 L 9 F12 A26 GD-14

In the Champions League: P 3 W 0 D 0 L 3 F 3 A 8 GD- 5

In the Europa League: P4 W 1 D 2 L 1 F 4 A 4 

With 3 road wins in the Copa del Ray. (Spanish Cup.). 

25 away games in the league and Europe. ONE win. 

Yeah, about as worried about playing the holders as I was playing Villarreal. 

Roll on a week Wednesday!

Hail. 

• Like 1

Yeah, about as worried about playing the holders as I was playing Villarreal. 

Roll on a week Wednesday!

Hail. 

I never take a title holder litely... especially one going for a three-peat.

That was the 30 for 30, right?  I thought you'd seen that a couple of years ago?

GHH is the only one I know who still watches Italian football live.  The games are so slow.

Fair point with Italy, though the money is hurting them more than anything else.  I really think that entire league is in for hard times.

I did  and I never realised it was that until it started. Updated ending like. 

Milan is a curse. I'm beyond hope. Shrugs. 

I never take a title holder litely... especially one going for a three-peat.

Respect them but don't fear them. The way it should be. 

We're Liverpool Football Club. In a European final. I guarantee that legacy will be resonating in Seville. Throw in what we've done to Utd, Dortmund and the 4th best team in La Liga the last three rounds, and what's happening under Klopp, and the holders will be just as worried about us as we could be about them. 

Oh, and the fact we'll own that stadium too. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

I did  and I never realised it was that until it started. Updated ending like. 

Milan is a curse. I'm beyond hope. Shrugs. 

Hail. 

Those Italian women...

Next time take the gun and leave the cannoli.

Though I spent the 2006 World Cup in Alaska with Luca Toni's cousin.  Heart be still.

• Like 1

GHH is the only one I know who still watches Italian football live. The games are so slow.

Fair point with Italy, though the money is hurting them more than anything else. I really think that entire league is in for hard times.

I watch Italian football but that's only because Roma are my 'second team' but the quality is diminishing and the main reason I got into Italian football in the first place was because the tv show football italia which was a great highlights show on channel 4 back in the day.
  • Like 1

Those Italian women...

Next time take the gun and leave the cannoli.

Though I spent the 2006 World Cup in Alaska with Luca Toni's cousin.  Heart be still.

WAIT! HOLD THE PRESS! 

With absolutely NO disrespect intended to Joe Gomez!, you mean the ORIGINAL 'The man, the myth, the MF LEG-END LUCA TONI !!!!!' 

YOU! GET OFF here. Get ON to her! He needs to cancel retirement plans until I get to see him live! 

GO! FIX THIS!

Hail. 

• Like 1

WAIT! HOLD THE PRESS! 

With absolutely NO disrespect intended to Joe Gomez!, you mean the ORIGINAL 'The man, the myth, the MF LEG-END LUCA TONI !!!!!' 

YOU! GET OFF here. Get ON to her! He needs to cancel retirement plans until I get to see him live! 

GO! FIX THIS!

Hail. 

That one ended poorly for the both of us.  But it was a great summer.

Was in Iraq a couple of months later and met the wife the following year.

The last quote from Phil Scraton bringing the doco up to date ..... 'Justice delayed is justice denied.' 

Owe that great man a massive debt too. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

I watch Italian football but that's only because Roma are my 'second team' but the quality is diminishing and the main reason I got into Italian football in the first place was because the tv show football italia which was a great highlights show on channel 4 back in the day.

I like watching Roma.  They did a good job with Michael Bradley... actually played him in his proper position.

It's weird how many good players come from there (rarely a striker) but they can never seem to get it right in their own league.

I'm still not sold at all on Pogba... I just don't see anything from him that rates the rating.

That one ended poorly for the both of us.  But it was a great summer.

Was in Iraq a couple of months later and met the wife the following year.

BRO'! ENOUGH WITH THE TRIVIAL DETAILS! This is Luca MF Toni NEVER playing again. And this is me NEVER having seen him live!

Swallow your pride and DO WHAT IT TAKES!

Hail. 

I like watching Roma.  They did a good job with Michael Bradley... actually played him in his proper position.

You know what Roma call us? 'The Red Death!' 

Yeah, after doing what no other club in the World could of done back in '84 by going into their own back yard and beating them in their own European Cup final (Totti was a ball boy. He openly admits he hates us more than Lazio since that day which is quite impressive); then the UEFA Cup quarter final in 2001 and putting them out the Champions League groups a year later ..... They just LOVE us that side of Rome.  :lol:.

'The Red Death!' Always kind of liked that.  :D.

The flip side is the three Italian Champions League teams next year ...... Juve, Roma, who both detest our very being; and Napoli who we have unfinished business with after the **** there a few years ago the UEFA. 

I have the suit of armour on standby for all three.  :lol:.

Hail. 

• Like 2

Firmino has more goals and assists than De Bruyne this season from less minutes. In a very up and down first season for him where he's been nowhere near his best for a lot of it that certainly bodes real well for the future. 

Ojo now has 3 assists from his 4 starts too. Ibe certainly needs to step it up massively next year. No need to panic on him yet being he's still only 20. But his development has really stalled this year as to the ability he possesses. Looking ahead to the final, Ojo more deserves the winger/ wide man place on the bench right now which is a big turnaround.

Hail. 

• Like 2

Platini gets his suspension cut  to 4 years by CAS. He wasn't satisfied, so he immediately decided to resign from UEFA presidency to take his case to the Swiss justice.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 2