Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Looks good to me. Sell Balotelli and Benteke to China, possibly Hendo to Spain. Add Grujic and El Ghazi to the midfield...I'm down.

Gotta keep the sheet clean now.

If we can get anything for either I'd be pleased... though I wouldn't mind keeping Balotelli around for one more year.

Let your opinion of Emre Can breathe a little bit.  The kid is 22 years old and he learns something new every week.  He has vision beyond that and he's technically sound, just needs to put it together more consistently is all.

If we can get anything for either I'd be pleased... though I wouldn't mind keeping Balotelli around for one more year.

Let your opinion of Emre Can breathe a little bit. The kid is 22 years old and he learns something new every week. He has vision beyond that and he's technically sound, just needs to put it together more consistently is all.

I'm not ready yet to give up on him, but Grujic is a box to box mid, and add him to Can, Hendo, and Milner, that's a lot of the same guys. Someone, or two, are gonna find themselves elsewhere next season, I believe. I think Klopp is playing Hendo and Can so many minutes so that they can play themselves on, or off, the squad for 2016-17.

I'd really like them to kick the tires on El Ghazi, because I believe he is one of the top young attacking mids coming up...and, he's Dutch national, which automatically makes him awesome. :)

I'm not ready yet to give up on him, but Grujic is a box to box mid, and add him to Can, Hendo, and Milner, that's a lot of the same guys. Someone, or two, are gonna find themselves elsewhere next season, I believe. I think Klopp is playing Hendo and Can so many minutes so that they can play themselves on, or off, the squad for 2016-17.

I'd really like them to kick the tires on El Ghazi, because I believe he is one of the top young attacking mids coming up...and, he's Dutch national, which automatically makes him awesome. :)

Grujic's playing at Red Star Belgrade, brother.

His nickname is "The Serbian Gerrard", so that's a plus, but he's got a ways to go to learn the PL.  He should get time next year, though.

LMAO @ Klopp when the BBC interviewer says everything tightened up the top with tonights results ..... I didn't know about the other results in this moment so ermm ..... I heard Bayern lost but think that's not too important for us huh? LMAO. 

He's utterly ****ing brilliant.

Hail. 

Just finishing up the match now in the 90'.

WHAT an effort.  I really wish Allen had scored that at the end lol, that would've been perfect!

• Like 1

I've wanted Klopp since November of 2014.... I knew by the end of the Champions League group stage what we had.

He's perfect for us and we're perfect for him.  It's going to happen.

The team that beat Bayern tonight ..... Mainz! It's a Klopp conspiracy! 

There yer go Bavarian Troll fella'. Have at it!

Hail. 

The team that beat Bayern tonight ..... Mainz! It's a Klopp conspiracy! 

There yer go Bavarian Troll fella'. Have at it!

Hail. 

He hates "Bavarian Troll"... I wonder if he knows what "Bayern" means in english? :lol:

He's half a man after all.

Full disclosure, if not for the Klopp interview I wouldn't know they even played tonight.

• Like 1

ABSOLUTELY NSFW... you should know Chris by now :lol:

But he's going over some of the latest rumors about the "war chest" and some of the bids... with your usual Scouse charm :P

Probably could go in the Owned Thread, too, but Ben Marshall got drilled by some friendly fire (Simeon Jackson) in our victory over Boro on Tuesday.  

OUCH! I felt that one. 

ABSOLUTELY NSFW... you should know Chris by now :lol:

What's unsafe with that dip?  :P.

Now THESE are NSFW haha!

And I like Chris. He understands the misguided genius of Mario! It's all the rest of you fools that just don't understand how wondrous Ballo is!

Toss up as to which of us were more excited back then haha. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Dave O’Connell @DaveOCKOP 1m1 minute ago

Philippe Coutinho has been called up by Brazil for their upcoming World Cup qualifiers - Roberto Firmino has not made the squad. #LFC

Wow... Bobby stays on the Mersey

Toss up as to which of us were more excited back then haha. 

Hail. 

I'd still have him back.  Today. Hopefully Jurgen gives him at least the pre-season.

• Like 1

Good for us on Bobby. Be happy if they left Phil alone too. 

Sadly, as much as I love the fella', I have to disagree on this one as regards Mario. I think Klopp would end up killing him the first training session. Even Klopp's not getting Mario to work his ass off and in this system, if the front players aren't closing down, it fukcs the whole concept of gurgen(sp?) pressing up and it all falls down. (See Benteke. Christian.). 

Still be a legend in my heart though. Bat **** crazy ass MF that he is.  :lol: .

LMAO @ the China links. Mario. Hero worshipped by midgets. In the land that invented fireworks. WTF could possibly go wrong there ..... ?  :lol::lol: .

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Hope for next year ..... ?

Premier League table since Klopp took over. Nottin' between L'pool, United, City and Chelsea. And a three point gap to Arsenal if the game in hand is won. All with a side that's not his. Not a great record by any means, but as competitive as the other main 4 this year. Third on goals scored is the real surprising thing that leaps out to me. Hasn't felt like that at all. 

Ccr_mOCW8AA8p0a.jpg

Hail. 

Hope for next year ..... ?

Premier League table since Klopp took over. Nottin' between L'pool, United, City and Chelsea. And a three point gap to Arsenal if the game in hand is won. All with a side that's not his. Not a great record by any means, but as competitive as the other main 4 this year. Third on goals scored is the real surprising thing that leaps out to me. Hasn't felt like that at all. 

Hail. 

Chelsea with none of those annoying red Ls!!

Football clubs really have NO idea do they? As if making Utd fans fill out a 'travel form' on how they're getting to Anfield next week (because it's like, a European 'away' yer know. That like, ISN'T ..... ) wasn't a piss take out of their own supporters enough, they now come out with this gem .....

CcpUHT2WwAAsZSb.jpg

'Wall of white' ...... This is more cringeworthy than Chelsea having to give their fans plastic flags to try create something and the plastic bags for a mosaic at Wembley last Sunday.

Hail. 

• Like 1

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/04/charlie-stillitano-champions-league-leicester

ood news greed fans: your poster boy has arrived. Actually, he’s been here for some time, you just didn’t know it. Sitting alongside Sir Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford, posing for photographs with Robbie Fowler and Mike Summerbee in New York, clutching Florentino Pérez’s arm like a care worker at an old people’s home, Charlie Stillitano has been networking his way through the football food chain for some time while generally maintaining a low profile. But now we all know who Stillitano is because he has spoken of his plans for the Champions League, for the European game in general, and they sound distinctly like the blueprint for a sport already fat on self-regard finally to eat itself.

In case you missed it, Stillitano held talks with representatives from Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and the two Manchester clubs this week in regards to the International Champions Cup, an annual summer tournament organised by Relevent Sports which is held across the US, Australia and China and in which they have all participated at one time or another. Stillitano is Relevent’s chairman and while in the company of Ivan Gazidis, Bruce Buck, Ian Ayre, Ed Woodward and Ferran Soriano, the New Jersey native confirmed that they also discussed “restructuring the Champions League”. And by restructuring, he means bolting the doors shut to anyone outside the elite.

A European Super League, in one form or another, has been mooted many times before but there is nevertheless something breathtakingly arrogant and shortsighted about Stillitano’s justification for creating one now. Sticking up for the establishment while turning his nose up at Leicester’s remarkable achievements this season, he told the US satellite radio station Sirius XM: “What would Manchester United argue: did we create soccer or did Leicester create [it]? Who has had more of an integral role [in European football], Manchester United or Leicester? It’s a wonderful story – but you could see it from United’s point of view, too.”

Ah, pure evil, hand-in-hand.

• Like 1

'Wall of white' ...... This is more cringeworthy than Chelsea having to give their fans plastic flags to try create something and the plastic bags for a mosaic at Wembley last Sunday.

Hail. 

Maybe they are hockey fans:

image_13.img.jpg