Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Diego Maradona Claims Michel Platini Confessed to Fixing 167 Matches in Anti-FIFA Tirade

Some people who witnessed the interview said it was quite confusing, he seemed not to be entirely in control of his allegations. At best, he was tired ...  :D

I will say, if you've watched ANY American World Cup matches in the last 15 years (really in 2002 against Germany and then 2006 against Italy) that was some of the most blatant match fixing I've ever seen.  And quite honestly I point to those two matches as to why that generation didn't capture the game like we would've hoped over here.

It's one thing to lose, it's another thing completely to lose blatantly and absolutely criminally.  It took me weeks to get over both of those.

EDIT:  But Maradona is a trip.  Absolute genius as a player but nowadays he just clings to what cameras will record him.

Edited by DC9
  • Like 2

Provided Les Verts get through the qualifiers, we could meet in the Europa Groups as L'pool are in pot 2 and Saint-Etienne would be in pot 4.

That'd be something huh?  :).

Hail. 

You don't miss a chanc to make me remember this sad night of 1977 at Anfield.

Please tell me what have I done to you to deserve this ? :P  ;) 

• Like 1

I don't understand the color choice for the USNWT's kit. Why black, white & yellow? Did we change the flag without telling anyone?

Aweful. I kept waiting for an explanation. Like maybe some little girl had leukemia and asked them to wear yellow.

I will say, if you've watched ANY American World Cup matches in the last 15 years (really in 2002 against Germany and then 2006 against Italy) that was some of the most blatant match fixing I've ever seen.  And quite honestly I point to those two matches as to why that generation didn't capture the game like we would've hoped over here.

It's one thing to lose, it's another thing completely to lose blatantly and absolutely criminally.  It took me weeks to get over both of those.

EDIT:  But Maradona is a trip.  Absolute genius as a player but nowadays he just clings to what cameras will record him.

You know why he is opposed to instant replay

Oh wait, I can see your connection with the Scouser to ruin my day bringing back sad memories (2006)! :P

Update: Khedira to la Juve

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

You know why he is opposed to instant replay

Oh wait, I can see your connection with the Scouser to ruin my day bringing back sad memories (2006)! :P

Update: Khedira to la Juve

It's amazing how we can go back in time and look at camera angles that weren't there all these years later with something the scientists call a "laser".

The ball was in!

You don't miss a chanc to make me remember this sad night of 1977 at Anfield.

Please tell me what have I done to you to deserve this ? :P  ;)

Because I was too young to be there on what many still say is the best all time Anfield European night, so someone HAS to suffer! And as the brat DC9 isn't here that someone is YOU by association! 

Uhmmmmm, I love you really man  :D , but seeing as you brought it up  :ph34r: .....

Allez les ROUGES!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Because I was too young to be there on what many still say is the best all time Anfield European night, so someone HAS to suffer! And as the brat DC9 isn't here that someone is YOU by association! 

Uhmmmmm, I love you really man  :D , but seeing as you brought it up  :ph34r: .....

Allez les ROUGES!

Hail. 

JoeWolf get out of this body !

• Like 3

I guess I should start mentally preparing myself for the Ozil to Anfield posts

Nah, at this minute we're looking for the Canterbury Ozil.  He's out there.  And BR is going to find him.

• Like 3

JoeWolf get out of this body !

Is this better?

One of my all time favourite games. UEFA Cup 2nd Round back in 1991. We'd lost 2-0 out in Burgundy on the coldest night ever.  The legendary Guy Roux was in charge of Auxerre during his 500 million year spell as manager. We where injury riddled (we only named 3 subs I think it was)  with a real mix and match side. And in our worst run of form for decades. (The decline was just really starting.). Nobody gave us a chance and there was only 23 thousand of us turned up who all seemed to be on the Kop. 

But what followed turned out to be a real pride night and one of the loudest games I've ever been at. The place was absolutely bouncing as we overturned the deficit to win 3-0 on the night, 3-2 on aggregate. 

Hail. 

Is this better?

I knew it, I was just wondering how long would it take you to post it.

Elessar78 why don't you take him with you at BigSoccer please ? ;)

You left me no choice my friend :) :

Breaking News: LFC  inquiring about Lucas Digne ! (Roma's offer, 1 year loan + €11 millions buyout clause as been rejected by the evil empire)

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

FIFA Adviser Pieth Says E-Mails Part of Election’s Dirty Tricks

"Germany’s Der Spiegel magazine on Sunday released e-mails purporting to show that Marco Villiger, FIFA’s legal head, pressured Pieth to remove references to Blatter from a report by his Independent Governance Committee, which was created by FIFA to propose ways to improve the ruling body’s governance."

“This institution is rotten to the core,” Pieth said. “It’s not just Blatter alone. Of course Blatter carries a large part of the responsibility but it’s a much bigger problem.”

Why you lil' ****ER!

What you failed to add with the PSG semi was McManaman having a perfectly good goal disallowed in the Parc des Princes that would of taken us to the final on away goals after we destroyed Paris 2-0 at Anfield the second league but Bernard Lama had the game of his life and saved everything. It was REAL ugly on the streets of Paris that night BTW. 

The kicker there is that cost us a chance of winning the Cup Winners Cup, which now that is no longer in existence, we can no longer win all three European majors.  :angry:.

Strasbourg was just a disgrace. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

GHH on BigSoccer?? Pssshhh. No way is he crazy or angry enough to be on there. His comments are (mostly) still lucid. 

• Like 2

HUGE win for US U-20's over Columbia to advance in the U-20 World Cup. Got really interesting in the 80th when the U.S. picked up a red card for a foul in the box. Goalie Zach Steffen came up huge though, and saved the penalty to preserve the 1-0 win.

U.S. will take on Serbia next in the quarterfinals.

Edited by skinsngibbs4life
  • Like 1