Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

On the contrary, Cavani is a great asset, the problems were, he went through a rough divorce forcing him to make many trips back home.

Then Blanc kept on playing him as a winger which he is not and will never be. He favored Ibra up front and the two didn't get along on the field, as Ibra was and is always alienating his teammates. Ibra-Messi-Guardiola, Ibra-Cavani.

Inter won the scudetto, la coppa and the champions league the same year right after he left.

Cavani scored 78 goals in 104 games for Napoli before joining the evil empire !

This is the art of the Qataris who are as dumb as Snyder thinking purchasing the most expensive players will grant them titles.

I am well aware of where Cavani has been deployed alongside Zlatan.

What I am also aware of is that he hasnt taken his chances in big matches the last few years.

I dont care about what he did in Serie A, in these big CL matches for PSG he has squandered big chances.

He isnt that good. NOt a world class striker at all.

Ibra is favorted upfront still because Ibra is still better than Cavani despite being 32/33 now.

You can blame hte Qataris but Cavani signed that contract and went to play there. No one put a gun to his head.

You can blame hte Qataris but Cavani signed that contract and went to play there. No one put a gun to his head.

Wrong, Cavani had nothing to say about it since his contract buyout clause was €63 millions, Qataris paid €64 millions.

I remember he was surprised (he said he would leave Napoli only for a top club such as Real) and his father was shocked Napoli send him to PSG.

Any stupid coach can ruin a great talented player, only a few are smart enough to recognize talent and to make it shine and rise to the top.

You are still denying the importance of a good communication between player and coach, and being a smart coach, which Blanc is not.

Here is the evidence:

Walter Mazzarri said "he had Naples built entirely around its center forward at the time, Edinson Cavani", during their three years together in Naples.

He had recruited the Uruguayan in Palermo in 2010 and made him the highlight of such an attack composed of Ezequiel Lavezzi and Marek Hamsik. In Naples, Cavani had experienced the most prolific period of his career that culminated with the victory in the Italian Cup in 2012 before leaving for PSG a year later.

Mazzarri, who left Naples in 2013 to coach Inter Milan, revealed the secrets of success of the Uruguayan star under his leadership and commended his physical qualities and his ability in the last 18 meters.

"With me, 'Edi' was the focus of our attack. Yes, he also helped us to play defense, but there was a team around him for theses tasks. The team was organized to make the most out of him.He's a very athletic player and he can play in other areas but it is in the box where he is the most dangerous. He was a great striker in Italy where defenders do not give much space. "

I remember fans made him a statue in Napoli. Many top european clubs wanted him (Real) and still want him (Liverpool, Arsenal, Juventus, Athletico, etc...)

Not bad for such an average striker. ;)

Edited by FrFan

Begovic to leave Stoke this summer. £8M the price they are talking about (plus his contract of course). He's a bargain for someone at that price though I'm sure he will want a big contract as well. Also good news for England that Butland will get regular first team football next year.

Arsenal should be all over this. I would have said Liverpool as well but Mingolet has been much better second half of the season and they have bigger needs at centre half and striker IMO.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/stoke-city/11599516/Asmir-Begovic-to-leave-Stoke-City-after-contract-talks-stall.html

• Like 1

And that is that.

Here's to Madrid winning tomorrow for an El Classico to end all El Classico's in the European Cup final.

Hail.

But soccer fans already get that match-up twice per season.  The appeal of Champions' League is, to me at least, getting to see top clubs play other top clubs outside their own league.  I'd rather see Juventus play Barca for the title, just because it's a match-up fans don't get to see on the regular. 

• Like 1

Good luck Madrid. 

I don't care how you do it, just make sure Juve aren't in the final!

But soccer fans already get that match-up twice per season.  The appeal of Champions' League is, to me at least, getting to see top clubs play other top clubs outside their own league.  I'd rather see Juventus play Barca for the title, just because it's a match-up fans don't get to see on the regular. 

Well, aside from anything else, I have a deep dislike of Juventus. 

Which works out well as they (understandably) have a deep rooted hatred of myself and my fellow fans. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

If Real can't pull this out - 4 minutes to go as I type - that's it for Bale at Real. He will be the fall guy, the crowd are on his back every slight mistake he makes. Man U and Chelsea should start dusting off the cheque book ...

• Like 1

If Real can't pull this out - 4 minutes to go as I type - that's it for Bale at Real. He will be the fall guy, the crowd are on his back every slight mistake he makes. Man U and Chelsea should start dusting off the cheque book ...

Even still, not a chance he isn't in England next year, for me.

United will have him.  You know Spurs will have him back.

Even still, not a chance he isn't in England next year, for me.

United will have him.  You know Spurs will have him back.

Spurs will not be in the fight - Man U and Chelsea will be the clubs he chooses between. If Chelsea get him that would be quite a sight - Hazard inside left, Bale inside right. Would not fancy playing against those two together.

So Juve v Barca.

Like to see Juve win if only so Buffon gets a winners medal. He deserves it.

Spurs will not be in the fight - Man U and Chelsea will be the clubs he chooses between. If Chelsea get him that would be quite a sight - Hazard inside left, Bale inside right. Would not fancy playing against those two together.

So Juve v Barca.

Like to see Juve win if only so Buffon gets a winners medal. He deserves it.

Yeah, that would be annoying :lol:

I keep acting like Chelsea can only buy one big player.  Though I don't think that City gets outbid for Pogba, especially with Yaya out.

Maybe Ancelotti too

Suarez vs Chiellini and Evra will be fun

I expect Evra to be abused all game long by MSN ;)

• Like 1

Yeah, that would be annoying :lol:

I keep acting like Chelsea can only buy one big player.  Though I don't think that City gets outbid for Pogba, especially with Yaya out.

So, Chelsea or City get Bale to go along with Hazard and Silva. 

Utd get Depay. 

Arsenal, well, they have GOAT Ozil on the books already. 

And your Liverpool Football Club has the replacement for Steven Gerrard already on it's books. Brendan's favourite son Joe Allen!

Telling yer, somewhere, some how, we've pissed God off MASSIVELY that he;s making it his eternal quest to make us suffer. 

Hail. 

On the plus side Carlo can't surpass Bob so at least there is that. 

He needs to come to Anfield to do that and round it off nicely. 

Someone tell Henry that we'll dine with an exquisite, best of the best Italian if German's off the menu. 

Hail. 

Sfogliatelle or Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte ?

I think the first one since Klopp said he doesn't want to coach in the Premier league.

"I do not think it will happen, and I'm not too interested in the Premier League. Once the British journalists know me better, I'm not sure they will want to work with me as much as they want it now . "

Edited by FrFan