Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Well damn, that Tottenham "power shift" sure was brief

**** Sp*rs

They hadn't scored a goal on us in like 2 years.  They are REALLY improved.  But when Mario made his first run and he was sprinting across the back - I've never seen him do that.  I knew something was about to be up.

Lovren even looked really good against Kane.  If we can get production from Lovren and Kolo back there, we can play Can in the 6, which opens up the whole final third.

• Like 1

I guess the Spurs fans will be blaming the Internet being down tonight.... Usually is when they suffer a defeat!

Their fan corner tweeted out something like "ANYONE but Mario" :lol:

Hopefully this encourages Brendan to go with Sturridge and Mario up top coming up.

The papers already lining up the 'super Mario'! Headlines I see

What's lost there is Ibe's vision and Lallana's touch/pass.

boom... finally. i hope that gets mario back onto his game. like the announcer said, though, i wish he's smile/celebrate a bit more. still seems sullen.

Not just the finish, but his hustle was excellent.  All around good 10 minutes from Mario.

Did you see Brendan lose his mind there?

This Kane kid is too deadly

He is too legit.  Overtook Sturridge as the best English striker, for me.  Danny will get it back when he's fit.  Purple patch for sure for Kane.

• Like 1

Lovren even looked really good against Kane.  If we can get production from Lovren and Kolo back there, we can play Can in the 6, which opens up the whole final third.

I DVR'd the game and haven't had a chance to watch it. I did listen to most of it on TalkSport. It sounded like Can was able to carry the ball into attacking positions. It sounded like he was playing well in the midfield (aside from an atrocious shot). He will be Lucas's replacement, I think Lovern gets another chance. I also think the back 3 will play better with Can and Hendo in front of them.

I can't wait until Coutinho, Lallana, Sturridge, Gerrard and Sterling/Balotelli/Ibe are out there together. I think they will play a beautiful attacking style. Throw in runs, hustle and toughness from Hendo and Can and the attack will be almost as good as last year!! They will push for the top 4 or make a push for the Europa Cup (back-dooring back into Champion's League). I think these next couple of months are going to be exciting!!

• Like 1

I can't wait until Coutinho, Lallana, Sturridge, Gerrard and Sterling/Balotelli/Ibe are out there together. I think they will play a beautiful attacking style. Throw in runs, hustle and toughness from Hendo and Can and the attack will be almost as good as last year!! They will push for the top 4 or make a push for the Europa Cup (back-dooring back into Champion's League). I think these next couple of months are going to be exciting!!

We definitely need to make an effort to win Europa league.  We're one or two quality purchases away from being able to compete for the league.  Might've gone our way had we been healthy or had we gotten a legit striker. 

Not going to look back and **** now, too late for that.  Gotta look forward.  BR has a lot of toys to play with.

where's GHH? surprised he hasn't weighed in yet, especially with balo scoring as a part of a striker partnership.

My guess? He's probably 12 pints deep singing about Balo in that gibberish they speak!!

Edited by jobaga

I visited his page and it didn't say banned, but I don't know.  I sent him a note a couple of days back and he hasn't answered.

I remember a couple of months back him complaining about his schedule and his boss being unreasonable. That resulted in a a prolonged absence from the website. Let's hope that's the situation here.

GHH was last on the forum on the 8th.

Besides….That's not that long ago. 

Why the **** isn't there EPL today. I'm so sick of waking up at 7 and finding out the whole league has the ****ing week off. It's so irritating. 

They throw in these random international breaks or "FA Cup" breaks and nobody ****ing knows it's coming until Saturday when you wake up and can't find anything on TV. This is the equivalent of the Redskins taking random Sundays off to play against college teams.  :lol:

Had to buy Fox Soccer Plus cause I don't know of any Liverpool bars around here.  The closest one is in Raleigh, and that's an hour away.  Maybe I'd drive up there for a final but not the fifth round.

Rovers looked good today. 

West Ham looked like they were taking time to focus on the premier league.

LFC have a tough week ahead.  AT Selhurt Park of Horrors today.  Thursday we have Bestikas in Europa league, then it's off to the beach for Southampton next weekend.  Oy...

Why the **** isn't there EPL today. I'm so sick of waking up at 7 and finding out the whole league has the ****ing week off. It's so irritating.

They throw in these random international breaks or "FA Cup" breaks and nobody ****ing knows it's coming until Saturday when you wake up and can't find anything on TV. This is the equivalent of the Redskins taking random Sundays off to play against college teams. :lol:

You act like the fixtures arent out well in advance

You act like the fixtures arent out well in advance

You act like Chelsea and City fans aren't rented like their players :P

No offense, ix, I wasn't going to say anything :lol:

My last character flaw as a 30 something is that I still can't resist the spike... when someone else bumps and sets it so perfectly.

Probably why I might only have one or two promotions left in the Army lol

Well, two hand balls and a clear penalty against Sturridge.

Dwight Gayle doing his best Greg Luganis impersonation out there.

Not sure what else I should've expected. 

Would love to see Balotelli for Markovic at HT.  Pair him with Sturridge and kick Lallana outside.