Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Why should 2015 be ANY different from the second half of 2014?

We are what we are. 

Garbage. 

Unlucky Leicester. You arguably deserved more. 

Hail. 

Just read that Henry said he's "satisfied" with the side.

Loosely translating to "no money for Brendan unless he sells someone to get it".

• Like 1

Just read that Henry said he's "satisfied" with the side.

Loosely translating to "no money for Brendan unless he sells someone to get it".

Hopefully the rumors of Lucas going to Inter are true. I love Lucas, but he is too slow for the EPL.

Gerrard off to LA Galaxy in the summer according to reports. Not a disaster really is it? Every time I've seen him this season he's struggled..

Just came in to post this. 

I was getting text rumours earlier that the club would announce tomorrow. Now the BBC are breaking it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30653547

Hail. 

I'll believe it when I see it. I think Gerrard will stick around for a couple of years, but he will have his playing time reduced.

It'll be official tomorrow j. Rumours been flying all day and the Beeb are now scooping it. 

Sad but inevitable. 

Rodgers HAS to cut back his playing time now and, if Can is indeed the replacement, play him in that role ALL the time. 

Hail. 

*Edit* Local paper has it: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-legend-steven-gerrard-8371506

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

he's lost a step. he can still drop passes on a dime, but he really struggles getting back from a forward position. when in a defensive position, the quick offensive players can dance around him. as much as i'd hate to see him leave, his name wouldn't have been mentioned for his good play this morning until the 32nd minute if you take away his PK's.

It'll be official tomorrow j. Rumours been flying all day and the Beeb are now scooping it. 

Sad but inevitable. 

Rodgers HAS to cut back his playing time now and, if Can is indeed the replacement, play him in that role ALL the time. 

Hail.

I believe this is a negotiating tactic. Can is not Gerrard's replacement, he is Lucas's replacement. (IMO)

he's lost a step. he can still drop passes on a dime, but he really struggles getting back from a forward position. when in a defensive position, the quick offensive players can dance around him. as much as i'd hate to see him leave, his name wouldn't have been mentioned for his good play this morning until the 32nd minute if you take away his PK's.

Sadly. Age comes to us all.

The biggest indictment on the current crop is outside of Can, who's still young and developing, he's still the best all round midfielder we posses. 

We've known this void would be HUGE and need filling for a good few years now and still we haven't come up with a replacement, 

There's nobody on the current books, again, outside of Can, who remotely fits what Steven has given. And not a sniff of anyone coming through. Just one more problem to the MANY problems currently at Anfield. 

One things for sure, this will be the last we'll see of a local hero for a LONG time. There's nothing in the youth ranks remotely ready or good enough anywhere near coming through. 

Hail. 

If there was still a Suarez or a Torres (in his prime) in the team than yeah I think he'd have something considerable to offer for another season or two max but theres no front man for him to ping those long through balls to at the moment. Those type of partnerships Gerrard used to make with a frontman, being on the same brain wave with them, got the best out of him without a doubt.

Prob a good time to move on with Liverpool seemingly in a bit of a transition period. Will be weird watching Liverpool playing without him though. Bit like Man Utd without Ferguson.

Wasn't joking. Delph is a better player today than Gerrard is..

Obviously Gerrard in his prime is close to irreplaceable. Thats not who you are replacing though..

Delph is a better athlete today than Gerrard is. 

By NO ,means is he a better player and by NO means is he of the required quality to play for a club like Liverpool. 

We are already filled out with average- good talent. We don't need more. 

Hail. 

Delph is a better athlete today than Gerrard is. 

By NO ,means is he a better player and by NO means is he of the required quality to play for a club like Liverpool. 

We are already filled out with average- good talent. We don't need more. 

Hail. 

He's getting a move to a Spurs/Everton/Liverpool in January or the summer at the latest. 

I think he's good enough personally. All will be revealed. 

Edited by Morrison J

He's getting a move to a Spurs/Everton/Liverpool in January or the summer at the latest. 

I think he's good enough personally. All will be revealed. 

If rumours are to be believed he may well be on Rodgers radar. 

But he shouldn't be. 

Nothing special at all in Delph and he brings nothing better than the (in the main) mediocrity we possess. 

It's like the Arsenal fans with Danny Welbeck. Who's now running at 1 in 4 and showing yet again just how average a talent he is. 

ANY young Englishman gets hyped out of all proportion because there is NOBODY like a Gerrard or Lampard coming through. Barkley's about the most promising but he's struggled mightly since his return from injury/ second season et all. 

Delph is just another in a LONG line of over hyped English mediocrity IMHO. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

If he does go, I see Countinho moving to an advanced midfield role with Hendo and Can behind him, Lallana and Sterling flanking Sturridge up top. I think that is how they will start out and change if they are not up to it. I would love for them to go all out for Isco and Reus.

• Like 1

If rumours are to be believed he may well be on Rodgers radar. 

But he shouldn't be. 

Nothing special at all in Delph and he brings nothing better than the (in the main) mediocrity we possess. 

It's like the Arsenal fans with Danny Welbeck. Who's now running at 1 in 4 and showing yet again just how average a talent he is. 

ANY young Englishman gets hyped out of all proportion because there is NOBODY like a Gerrard or Lampard coming through. Barkley's about the most promising but he's struggled mightly since his return from injury/ second season et all. 

Delp is just another in a LONG line of over hyped English mediocrity IMHO. 

Hail. 

Completely agreed on the overhyping of English players. I'd usually be the first to blame the English media for getting carried away with young English talent but I've thought Delph would be a top class talent since he was 18 at Leeds and running our midfield, long before the media hype. Best talent to come out of the club since Milner and he might even prove to be better. 

Still plenty he can improve on especially with his tackling but I'd have confidence he could slot in to a top 4 club and do well. He's brilliant with the ball at his feet driving through the midfield at pace especially. 

Delph had media hype at Leeds. What you talking about? lol

Ehh hype tends to generate over time. Delph came into the team at Leeds and was our best player straight away. This was before the media started to create any real hype about him. 

The media has only really started to talk about him being a real top 4 capable talent since he was man of the match in his first start for England last year. 

Said it all when he hardly even got a mention when Hodgson was picking his World Cup squad. Delph should've made the squad in my opinion.