Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

:lol:

Do you think American's are stupid man? I ask as you continue to treat them as such on things they don't fully know about.

There's NO two way hatred more felt than L'pool/ United.

Now you could well argue there's just as much hatred between certain clubs. But NOTHING bigger anywhere than the mutual out and out hate between the two set's of fans.

Hail.

Who did worse with heir money: Tottenham with the Bale money or Liverpool with the Suarez money?

Spurs, no doubt in my mind. LFC still have Sturridge which probably makes a good bit of difference—you can't lose your top two scorers and expect to be at the same level. 

Spurs bought what they felt was top tier talent and it went bust. LFC bought players who were probably undervalued and can be developed. 

Do you think American's are stupid man? I ask as you continue to treat them as such on things they don't fully know about.

There's NO two way hatred more felt than L'pool/ United.

Now you could well argue there's just as much hatred between certain clubs. But NOTHING bigger anywhere than the mutual out and out hate between the two set's of fans.

Hail.

Woah you've twisted that a bit far. So because I don't agree with something you've said, I think a whole nation is stupid? 

All I find amusing is how you almost seem to think the sport of football revolves around Liverpool.

You say they have the best fans in the world without question (atmosphere in the Champions League was the biggest let down ever, Anfield is nowhere near the level it was 10 years ago)

You say everyone envies Liverpool as a club and wants to be them (could think of a few teams a bit better off to be honest)

Now you say they are part of the worlds biggest rivalry. (Old Firm, Boca - River Plate, and plenty more, football does exist outside of England)

Maybe I should let these comments go but I struggle not to bite to be honest when they are so clearly not the case.

I respect your loyalty and passion for your club GHH but I'm allowed my opinion on these matters also and just because I don't agree it doesn't mean I'm labeling a whole nation stupid. Thats a tad bit harsh. 

Woah you've twisted that a bit far. So because I don't agree with something you've said, I think a whole nation is stupid? 

All I find amusing is how you almost seem to think the sport of football revolves around Liverpool.

You say they have the best fans in the world without question (atmosphere in the Champions League was the biggest let down ever, Anfield is nowhere near the level it was 10 years ago)

You say everyone envies Liverpool as a club and wants to be them (could think of a few teams a bit better off to be honest)

Now you say they are part of the worlds biggest rivalry. (Old Firm, Boca - River Plate, and plenty more, football does exist outside of England)

Maybe I should let these comments go but I struggle not to bite to be honest when they are so clearly not the case.

I respect your loyalty and passion for your club GHH but I'm allowed my opinion on these matters also and just because I don't agree it doesn't mean I'm labeling a whole nation stupid. Thats a tad bit harsh. 

You say I twisted your comments then go on to do exactly the same.

Hypocrite much?

it's of little consolation, but LFC didn't play awful and created golden chances. But again, as have plagued Arsenal this year, finishing is the name of the game. The Mata goal was offside, so who knows how the game plays out if that was disallowed.

We'd of only lost by 2?

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Honestly, my knowledge of the game is still growing but Id say Pool-Man U is definitely up there. Probably tied with Barca-Real

The EPL is the most popular league in the world and those are the two biggest clubs historically. Hard to argue against it

if we are going to be honest with ourselves, Madrid/Barca had a more international cache longer than Pool/ManU.

Shoot, back in the 90s when I was getting into the game I thought Arsenal/United was the big game in England. Also, I knew River Plate/Boca and Madrid/Barca and even Juve/Inter before I knew of Pool/ManU.

You say I twisted your comments then go on to do exactly the same.

Hypocrite much?

Because you're a red. And you know just what this place means on a big European night. It's our stage. It's where we belong. It makes us the envy of the football World. (Bar Leeds fans but yer know ;))

Seriously man you need to experience a big night at Anfield when we DO raise ourselves for the occasion.

As anyone that has experienced the same, you'd be left with a completely new perspective blown away by an experience Universly agreed by the majority who have you can't top ANYWHERE else.

Hail.

This is what I was getting at..

Honestly, my knowledge of the game is still growing but Id say Pool-Man U is definitely up there. Probably tied with Barca-Real

The EPL is the most popular league in the world and those are the two biggest clubs historically. Hard to argue against it

It's definitely up there in England although Newcastle/Sunderland is also quite big. 

The size of the clubs doesn't really tie into the amount of hate though does it? If anything you get more armchair fans who don't really care either way who lessen the amount of hate between the clubs than anything. 

The hate between Celtic and Rangers is unimaginable. It ties into religion to a pretty big scale. Atmosphere is absolutely unbelievable. Without doubt the most 'hatred' between two teams in the UK in my opinion. 

Hatred between River Plate and Boca Juniors is known to be incredible. Basically River Plate threw away the chance of the league title (Season is split into two mini seasons) so they could rest players for the Boca match the following week. Thats how much it means to either team. 

Galatasary v Fenerbache would be another big one. 

Loads more in Italy, Russia etc which go to a pretty intense scale. 

Barca v Madrid is a massive game but their rivalry is mainly based on being the two best teams in the world. I wouldn't say it's the fixture with the most intimidating atmosphere as you would be lucky to see more than 500 away fans at the ground.

I knew exactly what you were getting at.

Everyone did.

Still doesn't alter the fact you twisted what you've even quoted and made yourself look a hypocrite as per the post I responded to.

Hail.

Well you clearly said Liverpool are "the envy of the football world". Thats not the case in my opinion. Nothing twisted there. 

You also said you can't top the atmosphere on certain occasions in Anfield before telling me how Liverpool fans are the best in the world over a number of different posts. Thats also not the case in my opinion. Don't see how I twisted that either. 

I'm not the type to take offense to silly things but twisting something to throw out the the notion that I see all Americans as stupid is a bit of a low blow...

INewcastle/Sunderland.

Celtic and Rangers

River Plate and Boca Juniors

Galatasary v Fenerbache

Loads more in Italy, Russia etc which go to a pretty intense scale. 

Barca v Madrid

You missed out the biggest one of all, Charlton v Millwall, but it is getting late and people seem to be getting a bit cranky, so I forgive you.  :)

• Like 1

Yeah see i meant to add more to my post. I know all about those "hate runs deeper than the game" rivalries. Sure the hate is deeper because of religious/political reasons but does that appeal to ppl who don't care about those religions or politics?

I personally don't really care about the hate between Asian Turkey (Fener) and Euro Turkey (Gala) because I don't live there lol

But a game between two of the biggest clubs in the history of the game appeals more to me.

if that makes sense lol

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

Well you clearly said Liverpool are "the envy of the football world". Thats not the case in my opinion. Nothing twisted there. 

You also said you can't top the atmosphere on certain occasions in Anfield before telling me how Liverpool fans are the best in the world over a number of different posts. Thats also not the case in my opinion. Don't see how I twisted that either. 

I'm not the type to take offense to silly things but twisting something to throw out the the notion that I see all Americans as stupid is a bit of a low blow...

Taking a post saying Anfield on a European night is the envy of the footballing World and presenting as 'Liverpool Football Club' are is twisting out of what was said.

To then persist in running with Liverpool fans being the best fans in the World (your new thing that has never been said on here by anyone to my knowledge. Least of all myself who has pulled our support to bits on many an occasion); down to the same bug bear you have over Anfield on a European night over the years is continued twisting and them some.

Hell, to expand from the Americans in this thread, as the comment was related to as regards soccer, and turn it into a whole Nation is, shall we say, taking some liberty's with what was wrote and then some.

Hail.

Yeah see i meant to add more to my post. I know all about those "hate runs deeper than the game" rivalries. Sure the hate is deeper because of religious/political reasons but does that appeal to ppl who don't care about those religions or politics?

I personally don't really care about the hate between Asian Turkey (Fener) and Euro Turkey (Gala) because I don't live there lol

But a game between two of the biggest clubs in the history of the game appeals more to me.

if that makes sense lol

Yeah I get ye haha. 

In terms of scale of clubs then I'd agree Madrid v Barca and Liverpool v Man U are easily the two standouts. (Milan Derby also up there). Think they'd appeal more to everyone really. Just bigger games to us as we're being fed that football every week.  

I was just solely talking about hatred between two teams though. You could see a Man U and Liverpool fan meet in the pub for a drink after a game, you wouldn't see that after a Celtic v Rangers game for example. Thats the difference. Wearing your colours to a game as an away supporter is a dangerous move. The passion in the stands is also at a whole other level. 

if that makes sense lol

Liverpool/ Utd is far bigger than just the two biggest clubs in England and two of the biggest in the World.

It's a cultural thing about the two biggest City's in England outside of London (with NO apologies to Birmingham who are big in size and nothing else) just 30 miles apart but a million miles apart in the way we talk, dress, our musical taste, the whole nine yards.

I aren't going to get into throwing up examples or we'd be here all week but Ferguson's a glaring recent one. An old school Glaswegian steeped in the religious bigotry and hatred of the West of Scotland that manifests itself in the two Glasgow clubs. A Rangers fan who played for them. And in his own words there's no bigger hatred than Liverpool/ United.

But it's all a superfluous debate that's subjective and can be argued any which way.

Those that know, know. That's that don't want to can make the counter argument.

Hail.

couple of inches or slightly better finisher, a lesser gk than De Gea and could be a different story

That makes today even more galling.

Utd are a real poor side. Utd fans openly admit they're a real poor side. The jury in Manchester is still WELL out on Van Gaal despite the recent winning run. A real poor L'pool side, without a striker starting the game, a completely changed formation, and a 'keeper playing his first League game in Hell knows how long in that environment of that game; had twice as many clear cut chances, nearly three times the amount of corners; and should of at least got a point.

And honestly, we weren't that good at all and lacked a lot of passion which is inexcusable in that game.

But Utd are just as bad so we had those chances. Just we can't score for ****.

Like Souness said Friday, both clubs are playing crap but one club is getting all the luck at present.

Hell, Arsenal should of been 4 or 5 up at the Emirates before Utd nicked it.

Hail.

Taking a post saying Anfield on a European night is the envy of the footballing World and presenting as 'Liverpool Football Club' are is twisting out of what was said.

To then persist in running with Liverpool fans being the best fans in the World (your new thing that has never been said on here by anyone to my knowledge. Least of all myself who has pulled our support to bits on many an occasion); down to the same bug bear you have over Anfield on a European night over the years is continued twisting and them some.

Hell, to expand from the Americans in this thread, as the comment was related to as regards soccer, and turn it into a whole Nation is, shall we say, taking some liberty's with what was wrote and then some.

Hail.

This is getting a bit petty in fairness. 

By saying 'It makes us the envy of the football world' it would lead me to believe that you are claiming that the whole world envies Liverpool. I don't know how that isn't understandable. Us=Liverpool, not Anfield on a European night. 

You believe that Liverpool fans are the best in the world don't you? All I've been saying from the start is that I don't agree with that statement. 

Well you asked me 'Do you think American's are stupid man?' By just saying "Americans" you're lumping a whole nation under the one question. I still don't really understand what prompted you to ask such a question to be honest. 

The bottom line is in my opinion you hold Liverpool as a club in far higher regard than they are actually seen by your average football fan.

Can we draw a line under this now? I'm actually a fairly nice guy really.. :ph34r: