Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

So here we go. Win or bust.

All things being equal, a European game, at home, to Basle, should be a straight forward affair. But these are troubled times and I honestly aren't confident we will win. Feel for sure we'll need at least 2 as I can't see back-to-back clean sheets. Ridiculous, but that's how frigging garbage L'pool currently are.

All we can do is play our part, have Anfield rocking and make it one of the special European nights unique to that ol' place.

Talking of, I got told in no uncertain terms if I came in late to work tonight due to going the match I'd be disciplined. (New fella' flexing his authoritie. And a blue. Go figure.)

One day I'll grow up.

This isn't that day. Not missing this one. **** 'em!

Mighty Reds!

Hail.

Liverpool FC @LFC 3m3 minutes ago

Confirmed #LFC team to face FC Basel: Mignolet, Johnson, Enrique, Lovren, Skrtel, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Gerrard, Sterling, Lambert

I don't even need to say it...

Liverpool FC @LFC 4m4 minutes ago

Confirmed #LFC subs v Basel: Jones, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Lallana, Coutinho, Markovic

We're going for the lucky goal it seems

What team would you prefer to see rolled out?

Let's put it this way... Basel have conceded the fewest goals in European football.  We just trotted out the "we're here to draw" line-up.

And now we've conceded.

Maybe Lallana and Coutinho can get looks.

He's a ****ing nightmare!

I'd be floored if Rodgers makes a move before the 75'.  Floored.

In. A. Must. Win. Game.

• Like 1

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC 3m3 minutes ago

Confirmed #LFC team to face FC Basel: Mignolet, Johnson, Enrique, Lovren, Skrtel, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Gerrard, Sterling, Lambert

I don't even need to say it...

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC 4m4 minutes ago

Confirmed #LFC subs v Basel: Jones, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Lallana, Coutinho, Markovic

We're going for the lucky goal it seems

If my job were on the line I wouldn't start Allen or Lucas..never mind both of them! I don't know how you can justify that starting 11 when you absolutely need a win
  • Like 2

If my job were on the line I wouldn't start Allen or Lucas..never mind both of them! I don't know how you can justify that starting 11 when you absolutely need a win

Jo, I don't even know what to say anymore man.

Boston isn't going to give him any money for January either.  They'll look at it as a waste. 

Trying to think of the last time we score 2 goals in 45 minutes without Palace's help?  Was it really against Spurs?

The last/only time Sturridge and Balo played together... for 70'.