Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Forester is the difference

gutlead74

Our OL played very well last night. Even stephon managed to play well enough. Buges was one of the all time greats but perhaps his technique was a bit antiquated for today's modern game. Our pad level was great good surge and pass pro was very good. OL players that struggled last year played really well. The zone was run pretty well as well as the man schemes. We will defiantly know more after next week becuase the bills were bad and beat up. The ravens front will provide a much more stern test, however if we can get to thier back end good things should happen. Very happy with our OL performance last night.

Sorry if this isn't all coherent I'm on pain killers.

HTTR!!!!

I am going to give it time to judge Forestor

He didn't exactly have the best reputation coming to Washington

But also look at some of the teams he coached with SHF, he exactly didn't have the most talent in SF outside of Staley and Rachal. He basically did a good job taking some no name guys for the 49ers and made that OL somewhat decent. I'm sure if he was still there and had Davis Iupati Staley Rachal to work with we would hear a lot of different things about him. Instead now he has a very good OL to work with in Washington with a coach who's scheme fits what Foerster likes to do and that's the ZBS

I wouldn't say Buges was past his prime... Jerry Glanville said Buges invented Zone Blocking when they coached together at Western Kentucky. But I think I know what you mean.

But I definitely liked how the line played together... good cohesion. Meaning: they played like a wall. Moving forward for runs, and moving back for pass protection. And that is good coaching. I thought Stephon's game was good to very good. Hicks was the weak link I thought. Rabach was notable with Lichtensteiger having some decent back-up. Dockery was good to very good and Trent Williams... Wow! Aaron Maybin is an extremely fast DE and was totally a non-factor against Trent. I think only two O-Line penalties to boot.

Defensive stunts, switches, and delays were all picked up well enough for McNabb to pass comfortably and runners to get to the next level.

Let's see how we do against the Ravens next week. I hope I'm there.

I agree.... I said it last year... Buges had run his course, and his strategies were outdated.

Not only that but IMO he loved all his players too much. Not sure if he was hard enough on them or if they feared him enough which is a powerful motivator. I think it was the same problem that Gibbs II had where they just lost their kick ass edge they had when they were younger.

No! Totally disagree

not having jason campbell was the difference

Well it certainly was part of the difference but not the key. It's not Forester either. You can't pin it down to just one person but I can narrow it down to two... Shanahan and Bruce Allen.

All of the people who called us a laughing stock, joke, etc for the last decade were correct. Now we are being run the way an NFL franchise and team should be run.

The second and third team OL was awful last night.

Chad Rinehart. Will Robinson.

Is it just me or are these players just not NFL caliber?

Edwin Williams may have a future at center at 6'3 and 315 if/when given the chance down the road, but most of the other holdovers from last season are just that 'holdovers'.

Don't see any of these guys coming close to pushing the starters at any point.

Along with a starting WR, backup OL is the blind spot on the roster.

We need to sign a veteran interior OL during the 53 man cut down.

Someone who can be an insurance policy to help bridge us to the draft and free agency in 2011.

Edwin Williams may have a future at center at 6'3 and 315 if/when given the chance down the road, but most of the other holdovers from last season are just that 'holdovers'.

Someone who can be an insurance policy to help bridge us to the draft and free agency in 2011.

As a fan, I'd say the most comforting thing is that the coaching staff is aware of all of this and will likely act on it, unlike previous administrations.

Well, I am confident they are aware of it as well. However, I am a bit surprised fans that watched the Bills defense penetrate and sack Beck and slam the run in the third and fourth quarters would say 'all is well with the offensive line' (beyond the starters).

And if you watched real close,you would have seen that some of the blocking really didn't change. Essentially,it was the same thing on several plays. One of the few times you'll see me say this. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

What game did you watch??? Robinson and Rinehart did a good job last night. Robinson did very will in pass protection and Rinehart had multiple blocks where he was able to get a seal on his man the opened a cut back lane for the RB. They are by no means all pro's but they weren't garbage last night like you assume.

What game did you watch??? Robinson and Rinehart did a good job last night. Robinson did very will in pass protection and Rinehart had multiple blocks where he was able to get a seal on his man the opened a cut back lane for the RB. They are by no means all pro's but they weren't garbage last night like you assume.

He does have a point with Robinson. While Robinson did look good in pass protection there were a few times where you sat there and went "what was he doing there?" I'm not saying he was terrible but there were more times where he looked lost on the field and that's not a good sign for someone who is our back up LT right now

Robinson had one or two iso's that were televised where he did OK in checking his man. He also allowed Aaron Maybin at one stretch to look like Lawrence Taylor on successive plays. In other words, he was as inconsisent as the rest.

Go back and watch that lull period in the third and fourth quarter when the Bills closed the score to a more respectable margin at 35-17 and how the Redskins went from winning the LOS battle (with the starters) to having some real problems.

Im not sure who should get the credit. But for the first preseason game of the year, after last years terrible O-line, I am very excited to see that the skins greatly improved upfront!! I didnt expect to see them play that insink this early on. They played as a unit, and they did it well!!

I am not sure why, they didnt play Capers, Oldenberg just look horrible.

Actually, we need to work on our Right side period.

Heyer and Hicks imo, looked OK, definitely need to get better.

Oldenberg and Rhino, was pretty crappy. I didn't notice Rhino as much as Oldenberg.

I don't think its Forester. If you go ask a 49er fan what they thought about forester, they would probably make him out to be the reason their oline stunk.

I think its a mix between, shanny's system, a better QB, and better talent on the Oline. But its just the first preseason game and it was against the bills. I would wait until after the ravens and jets game to get a better gauge on the oline.

I've really got to go back and pay attention to the Oline. So much film to study!

That being said, on the first time through, I felt Stephon was the biggest liability on the Oline during the first quarter. He had some good blocks here and there, but for the most part he was just a body and at times he got beat bad. I'm extremely disappointed he didn't turn out to be much better considering his solid rookie campaign. I really hope he doesn't have to start anytime during this season, though it seems likely. If we can get another solid RT/RG type of Olineman you know can step in and do a good job, I'll be ecstatic, because then and only then will we have real depth on the Oline that won't cost us anything should a starter go down.

It's Foerster, not Forester. This guy will be the new Mike Sellars! Judging by all the misspellings, everyone is basing their opinions on just one preseason game! Huh? I'm pretty sure the line played well for Bugel in more than a few preseason and regular season games. He also was working with different personnel, head coaches, and offensive coordinators.

There is no way you could make me believe that Joe Bugel, of all people, was the one holding the offensive line back. Not a chance.

Archived