Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Forester is the difference

gutlead74

Edwin Williams may have a future at center at 6'3 and 315 if/when given the chance down the road, but most of the other holdovers from last season are just that 'holdovers'.

I thought that Edwin had the best game of the backups. His pass blocking was strong and he was mauling during the run gqame. Most of the big run plays went behind him at LG.

Edwin Williams may have a future at center at 6'3 and 315 if/when given the chance down the road, but most of the other holdovers from last season are just that 'holdovers'.

I thought that Edwin had the best game of the backups. His pass blocking was strong and he was mauling during the run gqame. Most of the big run plays went behind him at LG.

I agree.... I said it last year... Buges had run his course, and his strategies were outdated.

He only adopted what the head coach had "Xed" and "Oed". That was Joe's forte.

Maybe man blocking is becoming obsolete. Joe Buger's techniques would be as awesome as they were back in the day if Joe had the hogs last season.

Blame Bugel? Please :laugh:

Cerrato gave Bugel NO talent to work with the past 3-4 years.

When Samuels, Jansen, Thomas and Rabach were all younger players in 2004 and 2005 the offensive line looked to be a strength of the team.

After these players aged and were injured all of a sudden the OL stunk.

Why?

Because Cerrato was focused on signing Adam Archuleta and Brandon Lloyd to $30-$40M deals in free agency instead of restocking the OL.

How Chad Rinehart became the TOP RATED OL on the Redskins board in 2008 in Round 3 is simply beyond me.................

He played mediocre competition at Northern Iowa. What was the urgency to take him there?

He would have been available in the fifth or sixth rounds.

Typical Cerrato overpaying for mediocre talent.

I thought Lichtensteiger and E. Williams held their own. Rhino needs some work. Oldenberg was pretty bad. Heyer played well enough with the first team. I'm anxious to see Capers. My guess is that our backups will be Heyer, Capers, Lichtensteiger and E. Williams. I'd feel ok with that.

I would venture to say the OL looked better because of McNabb. Had it been JC, they would have looked aweful!

Edwin William was impressive, and I think should be give a chance to play with the 1st team. Certainly, a solid outing for him.

Archived