Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESS RELEASE & ESPN 980: Colt Brennan Cut!! (AKA The Cut Of Colt) (MET)

authentic

I dont get it. What Qb in the history of NCAA football did what Colt Brennan did with Hawaii. Chirp Chirp Nobody! And the skins release him for this bum Beck who cant even walk straight let alone throw a completion to save his life against Buffalo. Wow

What does his college success have to do with.....anything in the pros?

Nothing, that's what. Nothing at all. Zilch.

Like Zorn, Cable as a HC ain't going to do it. Colt needs a coach like the Dolphins Fasano. He is someone who often says he doesn't care what round a player gets drafted, he is going to play the best players. And he walks the walk with Bess.

Really? You think the Raiders, as low on talent and wins as they've been for years and years, won't play the best player?

They traded a 4th rounder TWO YEARS in the future for Campbell. They have literally almost nothing invested in him.

They have NO interest in not letting the best player start.

Really? You think the Raiders, as low on talent and wins as they've been for years and years, won't play the best player?

They traded a 4th rounder TWO YEARS in the future for Campbell. They have literally almost nothing invested in him.

They have NO interest in not letting the best player start.

You're trying to inject logic into a situation where it no longer resides. Al Davis, as great as he was, as legendary as he'll always be, is not there anymore. I mean he's there physically, but mentally? Eh. Plus he's already declared Jason Campbell the next Jim Plunkett. He's not gonna back down from that and admit he's wrong just like that.

I dont get it. What Qb in the history of NCAA football did what Colt Brennan did with Hawaii. Chirp Chirp Nobody! And the skins release him for this bum Beck who cant even walk straight let alone throw a completion to save his life against Buffalo. Wow

Do you really want me to start pulling up QB's who had legendary stats in college?

Like Zorn, Cable as a HC ain't going to do it. Colt needs a coach like the Dolphins Fasano. He is someone who often says he doesn't care what round a player gets drafted, he is going to play the best players. And he walks the walk with Bess.

Agreed. Fasano is a great coach. Maybe Bess and Grice can put a bug in his ear.:D They are stuck on Henne but he can jump past pennington and white definitely. Thats better then where he is at now. Raiders are just to congested with Qb's

No Qb in the history of college football has Colt Brennans stats. And thats fact.

0 yards 0 TD's 0 attempts <------------those are his NFL stats (you know, the stats that really matter?)......and with Boller playing well and Grads throwing today, his Raider career will end shortly; even the most loyal Colt optimist can see that coming.

Obviously his gaudy "Hawaii" stats don't carry a lot of weight in the NFL.....because.....well.....it was Hawaii.

For his sake, hopefully the Raiders release him this week so he could possibly get in another camp before it's too late.

Cue Koko-Mike's "hater" rant in 3......2.......1....

No Qb in the history of college football has Colt Brennans stats. And thats fact.

Stats in college football don't matter in the NFL at all. And that's a fact.

Also, if you think that the Raiders are too stacked at QB for Brennan to have a shot there, then maybe you had better start looking outside the NFL for a spot for him.

0 yards 0 TD's 0 attempts <------------those are his NFL stats (you know, the stats that really matter?)......and with Boller playing well and Grads throwing today, his Raider career will end shortly; even the most loyal Colt optimist can see that coming.

Obviously his gaudy "Hawaii" stats don't carry a lot of weight in the NFL.....because.....well.....it was Hawaii.

For his sake, hopefully the Raiders release him this week so he could possibly get in another camp before it's too late.

Cue Koko-Mike's "hater" rant in 3......2.......1....

He was recruited by a BCS school out of high school. Hawaii was lucky enough to get him. Cable is like Zorn. Will end up a qb coach. Colt has had stellar practices, hopefully Cable is just keeping him under wraps. Zorn never gave him praise. Cable has complimented Brennan. Hopefully he proves me wrong and is smarter. Gives Colt a chance.

Stats in college football don't matter in the NFL at all. And that's a fact.

Also, if you think that the Raiders are too stacked at QB for Brennan to have a shot there, then maybe you had better start looking outside the NFL for a spot for him.

I didnt say they were stacked. They have to many. Doesnt mean I dont think he can outplay them all.

I didnt say they were stacked. They have to many. Doesnt mean I dont think he can outplay them all.

What does it matter how many they have? If he outplays them, he would make the roster. But he won't. If anything, having 5 QB's right now could tell you that they are desperate for someone to step up and make some noise.

But that isn't why Colt was signed. He was signed because a guy who is better than him was injured. He's a serviceable camp arm, and that's all.

What does it matter how many they have? If he outplays them, he would make the roster. But he won't. If anything, having 5 QB's right now could tell you that they are desperate for someone to step up and make some noise.

But that isn't why Colt was signed. He was signed because a guy who is better than him was injured. He's a serviceable camp arm, and that's all.

hahhaha like beck was. If they were desperate for someone to step up why didnt they put him in. Cable is more worried about winning a preseason game then seeing what potential Colt has. His job is on the line.

hahhaha like beck was.

What?

Beck was signed, and a player at the same position was cut (Colt :ols:)

Did the Raiders cut a QB when they signed Colt? No. Different situation entirely. We didn't need a different camp arm. We just preferred it.

If they were desperate for someone to step up why didnt they put him in. Cable is more worried about winning a preseason game then seeing what potential Colt has. His job is on the line.

How about, he knows Colt is only a camp arm, and is unconcerned with his lack of potential beyond that. So he is spending his precious time during preseason evaluating the guys that might actually make the roster. You know, to keep his job.

Or maybe he knows Colt was only in camp for 4 practices and didnt have the playbook totally down. And making sure he gets the best chance to show the raiders or other team what he can do was more important then putting him in unprepared.

Beck played for us without knowing the playbook, with the same amount of time on the team, as well. He didn't play well, but he played.

Colt? Not so much.

I think you just have to keep reaching further and further to make excuses for Brennan. Try not to pull something, stretching like that :ols:

What?

Beck was signed, and a player at the same position was cut (Colt :ols:)

Did the Raiders cut a QB when they signed Colt? No. Different situation entirely. We didn't need a different camp arm. We just preferred it.

You are right but the only issue I have with this is when they told Colt, they had no problem with him and that they only brought in Beck b/c they always liked him. IMO, thats total BS just b/c it doesn't work that way. If they really liked Colt they would have kept him. Why didn't they just tell him the truth, that he sucked?

Beck played for us without knowing the playbook, with the same amount of time on the team, as well. He didn't play well, but he played.

Colt? Not so much.

I think you just have to keep reaching further and further to make excuses for Brennan. Try not to pull something, stretching like that :ols:

Umm...no Colt Brennan was blind sided by the move and had to have his agent search for another team. Beck had a week head start. Yeah Becks play didnt have nothing to do with playbook. hahah

Like Zorn, Cable as a HC ain't going to do it. Colt needs a coach like the Dolphins Fasano.
Agreed. Fasano is a great coach. Maybe Bess and Grice can put a bug in his ear.:D

Since when does the Dolphins' starting tight end double as their head coach?

Sparano might be the name you're looking for.

Umm...no Colt Brennan was blind sided by the move and had to have his agent search for another team.

What? That's exactly what I'm saying. He was cut in favor of Beck. No one was cut in favor of Brennan on the Raiders.

Like some of the members spending so much time,(still),in Jason Campbell threads,I'm beginning to wonder if some of you in this thread may want to find something else to do with the too much time you seem have right now. :paranoid:

Archived