Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESS RELEASE & ESPN 980: Colt Brennan Cut!! (AKA The Cut Of Colt) (MET)

authentic

smiley4284

Brace yourself smiley it sounds like your boy Colt even realizes his place in the pecking order between him and Campbell.

(Who would have thunk Brennan was a Campbell homer?)

"Already they have an all-around good guy, a hard worker, a guy that's going to be a leader and gets respect from his players. Jason is a natural, kind of prototypical NFL quarterback. Six-four, he moves really well, he's got a big arm, can throw the ball down field.

"I think Jason's biggest thing that's been hurting him is he's never got situated or gotten stabilized as far as coaching and being in the same system for a couple years. That's when guys start to grow. You don't see too many guys come out, the Peyton Mannings, the Brett Favres, they all went through their growing pains.

"Jason's never really got a chance to get through that."

The Raiders-Boys (Thursday Night game) will be re-broadcast on NFL Net Friday afternoon immediately preceeding the "Live" game between Skins/Bills.

Colt will definitely play ... posts from Raiders Forum say he is showing well in practice ... outperforming Jason (LOL).

smiley4284

Brace yourself smiley it sounds like your boy Colt even realizes his place in the pecking order between him and Campbell.

(Who would have thunk Brennan was a Campbell homer?)

[/indent]

Naw, he just doesn't run with the Bash Another Player crowd. Never did. Colt's looking to stick than to unseed. He's goal is to play. We'll see how it goes after the Cowboy game. If he does well, how many Redskins fans will wish he was back. That will be interesting.

To those that still say Colt doesn't have an arm.

Any thoughts that Brennan couldn’t throw a deep ball were dispelled by a sideline streak to Todd Watkins that was as pretty as any pass by any quarterback all training camp.

The ball traveled 40 to 50 yards in the air, and hit Watkins in stride with Stanford Routt helpless to do anything about it.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2010/08/10/raiders-news-notes-p-m-link/

Hey Skins fans and h8ters:) 2 days with raiders not to shabby

Colt News:

-Brennan drops a beauty to Nick Miller over Huff, probably 50 yds in air . . . thought he didn't have an arm?

-Brennan connects right to Bodiford, nice catch. He couldn't catch a cold first few practices.

-Brennan finds Bodiford left vs. WMcFadden

-Colt Brennan gorgeous throw right sideline catches Todd Watkins in stride vs. Stanford Routt . . . perfect

-Frye in a baseball hat, watching, looks like Brennan No. 3 vs. Cowboys.

-Brennan finds Myers open left vs. Scott, turns upfield near sideline

-Colt Brennan reversr roll, nice completion to Bodiford for 10

Hey Skins fans and h8ters:) 2 days with raiders not to shabby

Colt News:

-Brennan drops a beauty to Nick Miller over Huff, probably 50 yds in air . . . thought he didn't have an arm?

-Brennan connects right to Bodiford, nice catch. He couldn't catch a cold first few practices.

-Brennan finds Bodiford left vs. WMcFadden

-Colt Brennan gorgeous throw right sideline catches Todd Watkins in stride vs. Stanford Routt . . . perfect

-Frye in a baseball hat, watching, looks like Brennan No. 3 vs. Cowboys.

-Brennan finds Myers open left vs. Scott, turns upfield near sideline

-Colt Brennan reversr roll, nice completion to Bodiford for 10

Yeah nice try. Now go run along back on over to your raiders board :D

"It’s going to take a while. However John is very sharp. He took some reps today in our seven-on-seven, so he’s picking up the offense very quickly. The terminology is completely different than what it was in the past. I’d be surprised if it takes him a long time though."

John Beck goes play action left, bootleg right, and hits Lee Vickers on a crossing pattern with a defender draped over him. Beck zipped the ball in, and put it in the only place it could go for a possible catch. Beck was asked what he saw that made him try to put the ball in such a tight space.

"The back of the defender’s helmet," said Beck. "He only knows where his man is; he doesn’t know where I’m at, or where the ball is going to be coming from. So when he had his back to me, Vickers had a step on the guy and I knew I could try to squeeze it in.

"It was a tight spot, but that’s why they demand accuracy from a quarterback, because that can be a completed ball even though there is a defender on him. The tight end has got him by a step; the defender has got his back to you, so shoot it in there."

Beck had the entire defense biting on play action. Rolled out and ran down the sideline for 10 yards.

Shanahan said John Beck also is doing a good job playing catch-up.

On how quarterback John Beck is picking up the system:

"Good. John has done a good job. He has only been here a couple days. His terminology is completely different than the terminology we use both with the passing game and running game. Normally that takes a little bit longer, but John picks things up fairly quickly and hopefully he will be ready to go in a short time."

On what has impressed him about John Beck:

"Kind of what I saw in college. I thought he would fit into our system very well and he hasn't disappointed me at all. He is a student of the game and he has a good feel for different zones in the passing game, and I've liked what I've seen."

*QB John Beck has some tools that these coaches should be able to work with. Early in 11-on-11 work, he rolled to his left and threw across his body, hitting TE Logan Paulsen in stride for a nice gain. He also drilled WR Shay Hodge in stride on a deep slant.

I’ve heard people around the league rave about how smart Beck is. He looks more comfortable in the offense every day. Today that showed in how he checked to Hodge in a hot read against the blitz. It was a quick slant that picked up about 10 yards.

Kyle Shanahan said last week that Beck hasn’t proved he can’t do it in the NFL. That’s an interesting way to look at him. Beck was drafted in the second round, so he has a quality pedigree. Perhaps being with the Shanahan father-son duo and McNabb will provide him with a level of teaching he wasn’t exposed to in Miami and Baltimore.

Nice to see Colt weaving his magic already! I'll be cheering for Colt, Jason and Rock!

With Gradkowski and Frye out, Kyle Boller will back up Jason Campbell and newly-signed Colt Brennan will be the third quarterback. I have written a feature on Brennan, who has now gone through four total practices with the Raiders, for tomorrow's paper.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/raiders/#ixzz0wGS647d3

yeah hes my besti

Smiley, watch out for location, location, location. He knows where yo crib's at....He's watchin' every move you make....He's watchin' the Cult....Funny how some people who disdain the Cult, can't shake their addiction off of the Cult. :mmm: :D

Hahahaha, Realtor can't get enough of the Cult. He followed everyone here. See, he misses us, or at least he misses smiley. Those two must have a special relationship. :P

I told you I hope you stuck around HT, I don't mind giving you a hard time. At least you seem to know what you're talking about half the time. :D

Unfortunately I can't say that for all the Cult, but a few of you guys and girls are ok. But honestly, i'd like to be able to come back into the ATN and find news on NFC East teams, like the old days, and now that CB's gone its just a matter of time...

The season's just about here, so if it ain't about the Skins or some team that were about to play, then i'm probably not gonna waste too much time playing point-counterpoint with the Cult anymore. So best of luck to you guys and girls on your next board :thumbsup:

Archived