Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESS RELEASE & ESPN 980: Colt Brennan Cut!! (AKA The Cut Of Colt) (MET)

authentic

Bleacher Reports crack me up:

After saying Colt is not gonna be around for long, the guy goes on:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/432949-oakland-raider-training-camp-focus-the-quarterbacks#page/6

Bruce Campbell is Raider Nation's undisputed field general.

Word out of the nation is that Campbell has assumed leadership duties. He has been real sharp so far in camp as he has left no doubt as to who the starting quarterback should be.

After his unfair treatment in D.C., Campbell has received red carpet treatment in Raider Nation. Should he succeed in Raider Nation, he will be deified.

He seems to be taking it all in stride as he refuses to be deterred from preparation for a winning season.

The optimism is overflowing in Raider Nation as they now have a prepared quarterback with a desire to improve and win.

They were a different team with Gradkowski last year so imagine what Campbell will bring.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/433568-colt-brennan-a-golden-opportunity-in-the-silver-and-black

"Now let me be clear. I'm not saying Brennan is a lock to be on the roster, but he definitely has an opportunity to make it."

++++

"Whenever Brennan wasn't under center Tuesday, he was listening in on Campbell's huddle. Then he hustled back to chat with quarterbacks coach Paul Hackett.

"He's studying his rear end off, and Paul is spending an incredible amount of time (with him)," coach Tom Cable said. "What he's done is put himself in the game. He's got it to a point where we feel like he can go in and hand it off, and he's got a handful of throws he can make and understand."

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2010/08/11/2950898/new-qb-brennan-crams-for-big-test.html#ixzz0wKGpF4VM

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2010/08/11/reminder-live-chat-today-at-1-p-m/

12:59 [Comment From hobs gnarlyhobs gnarly: ]

Does Colt have a shot at the team

Wednesday August 11, 2010 12:59 hobs gnarly

12:59 jerrymac:

I think he'd have to light it up pretty good tonight and open some eyes. Basically he was signed because it would be easier to get him ready to play quickly against Dallas than Jevon Snead.

1:09 [Comment From SilverNBLackPASilverNBLackPA: ]

Jerry, do you think if Colt Brennan does well tonight, he vaults from "warm camp arm" to "legitimate shot to make the roster"

Wednesday August 11, 2010 1:09 SilverNBLackPA

1:10 jerrymac:

It just keeps him alive for another week to put some more practices together.

1:17 [Comment From GuestGuest: ]

Keeping in mind the limited time Colt Brennan has had to practice, would you say so far he has impressed you more than Frye or Boller?

Wednesday August 11, 2010 1:17 Guest

1:18 jerrymac:

He has a knack for completing passes I don't think any other QB on the team has. I'd really like to see more of him the next couple of weeks, see if he levels off.

1:55 [Comment From AutumnWindAutumnWind: ]

IS the 3rd QB spot open or is it Frye's to lose? It sounds like Boller has been making some nice plays and has the big arm that Davis likes, and Brennan seems to be playing well for the limited time he's been in camp.

Wednesday August 11, 2010 1:55 AutumnWind

1:56 jerrymac:

Depends a lot on how Brennan looks in a game situation and if he inserts himself in competition. Cable loves Frye, but that won't prevent Al from cutting him if he's intrigued by Brennan. Thing is, Brennan's more of a natural passer and playmaker than he is a specimen.

2:10 [Comment From FrankFrank: ]

Think Colt will play the most out of all QBs tomorrow? I'm looking forward to seeing him in action.

Wednesday August 11, 2010 2:10 Frank

2:11 jerrymac:

Campbell for a qtr, Boller for a quarter and a half, Brennan finishes up. That's what I'd expect.

Thought you guys might find this interesting.

So best of luck to you guys and girls on your next board :thumbsup:

Obviously we don't agree about Colt and that's fine. To each his own. I am not a Raiders fan, but I do want the cowgurls to suffer when they meet the leader of the Cult. Hopefully Colt can lay the hurt. :logo:

I'm glad that things seem to be working out for Beck. :)

I have no problem with Beck doing well and actually am encouraged to hear him impressing. This can only bode well for the team and put positive pressure on the rest of the QBs. I just don't have much faith in Sexy Rexy....

http://tfdssports.com/2010-articles/august/raiders-training-camp-week-13-brennan-ready-for-dallas-nnamdi-free-to-roam.html

Looks like Colt needs to make the best of it. Go Colt! We believe.

Id rather see beck succeed over Grossman. There is just something I dont like about sexy rexy. He thinks he is to good for backup. ****y. IMO

Oh the IRONY...:ols::ols::ols::ols:

Obviously we don't agree about Colt and that's fine. To each his own. I am not a Raiders fan, but I do want the cowgurls to suffer when they meet the leader of the Cult. Hopefully Colt can lay the hurt. :logo:

Yup- Probably not relevant but one of my biggest laughs was the Colt-Romo sits to pee g/f RUMOR...

I wanna see Colt and Co. soften up the Boys of Cows (substitute cow image) :beatdeadhorse: in a few hours!

:dallasuck

Jason played for a qtr and a half, looks like Jason every preseason, no scores, 3 and out. Seemed to warm up towards the end of his play. Kyle Boller played the rest of the game, warmed up in the 4th qtr, got lucky with a TD pass. Defense is king like it was for the Redskins when Jason led. Hope the Raiders have better luck with Jason than the Redskins did. The defense kept the game alive and scored. QBs were kinda of lifeless.

Jason played for a qtr and a half, looks like Jason every preseason, no scores, 3 and out. Seemed to warm up towards the end of his play. Kyle Boller played the rest of the game, warmed up in the 4th qtr, got lucky with a TD pass. Defense is king like it was for the Redskins when Jason led. Hope the Raiders have better luck with Jason than the Redskins did. The defense kept the game alive and scored. QBs were kinda of lifeless.

So I just watched the hightlight vid not much there to see. Look like he is getting no protection from the line but then again the pukes D line is pretty good if you ask me. Rattliff makes that whole front better.

Thanks for the link... Looks like they are " Handcuffing" JC again. :ols:

Campbell told reporters afterward the Raiders hadn’t gone deep into their playbook and were keeping it simple.

j/k I really hope JC does good over there for them. I'll be watching more games once the season kicks off. Can't wait! :)

Archived