Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What team will be picking 1st next year?

HRNY4ZRNY

I am torn between St. Louis and Cleveland so I'll go with the one I dislike the most: Frowns.

I'm going Bills. That team literally doesn't have ONE single strength.

Pass defense?

Second in the league, 56.8 completion percentage, 61.1 quarterback rating. They need to get the scoring down (16th in the league), but the pass d was pretty good last year.

I'll go with the Bills as well. And for a darkhorse, I'll say the Panthers have a shot at that first pick. They have issues at QB, WR and all over the defense. And they have a lame-duck head coach and GM. Not a recipe for much if any success.

I'd say their group of runningbacks is pretty good.

That may be true, but only one of them can run the ball at a time. The Bills offense is horrible. Lee Evans is their best WR, their defense is ok, nothing special. They have a ridiculously hard schedule. I can see them losing 12 games without a problem. When you look at their schedule there isn't one team you can look at and honestly say the Bills are better than.

Dolphins

@Packers

@Patriots

Jets

Jags

@Ravens

@Chiefs

Bears

Lions

@Bengals

Steelers

@Vikings

Browns

@Dolphins

Patriots

@Jets

Now, who do they beat? Maybe the Browns?

I personally think Denver could be a potential sleeper as a horrible team going into the 2010 season. That defense, while it boasts a beast of a pass rusher in Dumervil, is extremely old and showed its age in the second half of the season last year. And Denver hasn't done much to rectify that problem.

On offense, they have injury concerns with their two starting tackles in Clady and Harris, and Orton is a very ordinary QB who no longer has Brandon Marshall or Tony Scheffler to throw to. I honestly doubt we're going to see a Randy Moss type of impact coming from Demaryius Thomas, and Eddie Royal has become a non-factor. Who will be the go-to guy in that offense ... Brandon Lloyd?

I look at the schedule, and the only teams they have a good chance to beat are St. Louis and Seattle. Others like Oakland, Kansas City, and Tennessee will play them extremely tough, and they'll virtually have no shot against teams like San Diego, Baltimore, New York, and Indy.

Also, I look for McDaniel to get canned after the season. :ols:

I agree. I have Denver as being one of those surprise teams, as in surprisingly awful. I don't know if they'll be so bad that they'll be picking #1 overall, but I think they'll stink. I assume Orton is still the starter. I'm curious if Tebow will take over sometime during the season or if he'll remain back-up.

It is between the Browns and Lions. They both have tough schedules. The Rams play in the NFC West so I highly doubt they pick #1. The Bills have a new coaching staff so they can suprise a few teams and get a couple of wins. Plus playing in Canada in the snow could possibly favor them towards the end fo the year. I like Josh Freeman with the Bucs and honestly believe he can do some things this upcoming year.

I agree. I have Denver as being one of those surprise teams, as in surprisingly awful. I don't know if they'll be so bad that they'll be picking #1 overall, but I think they'll stink. I assume Orton is still the starter. I'm curious if Tebow will take over sometime during the season or if he'll remain back-up.

They lost Brandon Marshall and Mike Nolan...they will not win no more than 6 games this year...

I am torn between St. Louis and Cleveland so I'll go with the one I dislike the most: Frowns.

Pass defense?

Second in the league, 56.8 completion percentage, 61.1 quarterback rating. They need to get the scoring down (16th in the league), but the pass d was pretty good last year.

Well, they are a team that was run on a lot, because they were playing from behind so often, so those stats are skewed.

Also, having Byrd, pretty much the lone bright spot on that team, helps.

Do you mean which team will actually pick first or who will get the first pick of the draft and possibly trade that pick?

Assuming Locker likely to be #1 QB, could be interesting depending on who winds up with that first pick.

I'm pretty certain he's just asking who the worst team in the league will be. Its tough to predict who will go 1st overall or who will try to acquire what pick at this point.

Pass defense?

Yeah but they lost their D-coordinator/Coach to the Giants. So there is a question if that success in pass D was because of the Coach/Scheme or the personnel.

Yeah but they lost their D-coordinator/Coach to the Giants. So there is a question if that success in pass D was because of the Coach/Scheme or the personnel.

And this:

Well, they are a team that was run on a lot, because they were playing from behind so often, so those stats are skewed.

When you look at their schedule there isn't one team you can look at and honestly say the Bills are better than.

Dolphins

@Packers

@Patriots

Jets

Jags

@Ravens

@Chiefs

Bears

Lions

@Bengals

Steelers

@Vikings

Browns

@Dolphins

Patriots

@Jets

Now, who do they beat? Maybe the Browns?

Glad I read page 3 before my pick. It's tough to pick against the Rams again, but that schedule is BRUTAL for the Bills. Wow.

That may be true, but only one of them can run the ball at a time. The Bills offense is horrible. Lee Evans is their best WR

But he is a pretty damned good receiver. Problem is Hardy is looking like he's going to be their number two and he hasn't done much of anything. Cutting Josh Reed, who was extremely reliable for them will turn out to be a major mistake.

their defense is ok, nothing special. They have a ridiculously hard schedule. I can see them losing 12 games without a problem. When you look at their schedule there isn't one team you can look at and honestly say the Bills are better than.

I agree. Buffalo will struggle. They are also adjusting to the 3-4. They better hope Aaron Maybin pans out or they're really screwed.

Lee Evans is great. Fred Jackson is one of the most underrated backs in the game. I can't for the life of me figure out why the hell they drafted CJ Spiller. Maybe to replace Marshawn, but so far they've mucked up that situation. Now they have Spiller, Lynch and Jackson in their backfield.

Their OL will be better than it was last year.

Their QB situation is downright scary unless Brian Brohm can step up to the plate.

Defensively Paul Posluzney is pretty damn good... As is Byrd. George Wilson is an awesome role player.

But as a whole, I think Buffalo is going to be pretty bad. They're schedule is brutal, but I don't think they're the least talented team in the league. But they're damn close.

By the way, maybe I scanned too fast... But how about Kansas City? Are McCluster/Berry enough to carry them to a better season? I don't think so. I think they're getting much better talent on that roster, but they aren't there yet.

And yes, they have Weiss and Crennel... But Haley is not Belichick. I think they'll be better soon, but again, I don't see it this year. I could be wrong, though.

By the way, maybe I scanned too fast... But how about Kansas City? Are McCluster/Berry enough to carry them to a better season? I don't think so. I think they're getting much better talent on that roster, but they aren't there yet.

And yes, they have Weiss and Crennel... But Haley is not Belichick. I think they'll be better soon, but again, I don't see it this year. I could be wrong, though.

I think they'll be better this year. Bowe will be better, Cassel will be better, and it looks like they have a nice RB in Charles. Plus they play in a weak division with the Broncos and Raiders. So they have a chance to be decent this year. I wouldn't be shocked to see them win 6-8 games.

I guess that's a good point. This thread is about who will get the number one pick, not necessarily the worst team.

Charles is solid.

I'd argue though, that Buffalo's entire offense is on par or better than Kansas City's minus the QB position. Lee Evans is > Dwayne Bowe in my opinion, but it's damn close. The running back situations are pretty similar, but Buffalo's is a bit deeper. Offensive lines are similar. Cassel is much better than anything on Buffalo.

Defensively, it's a toss.

I guess that's a good point. This thread is about who will get the number one pick, not necessarily the worst team.

Charles is solid.

I'd argue though, that Buffalo's entire offense is on par or better than Kansas City's minus the QB position. Lee Evans is > Dwayne Bowe in my opinion, but it's damn close. The running back situations are pretty similar, but Buffalo's is a bit deeper. Offensive lines are similar. Cassel is much better than anything on Buffalo.

Defensively, it's a toss.

I can see that. I just feel like the Bills don't have much of anything. Lee Evans is solid, but he's only had 2 seasons over 900yds (1,292 in 2006 and 1,017 in 2008), so I'm not sure he is much better than Dwayne Bowe. And like you said, I'd take Cassel over Edwards any day, and the RBs are probably a push. Plus the fact that the Bills play in a very tough division, I don't like the Bills chances this season.

Archived