Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Team Ever???

The Sir

Originally posted by TC4

The sad thing about the '83 Skins was that both of their regular season losses were by ONE POINT each, 31-30 to the Cowboys on the opening Monday night game, and 48-47 to the Packers, also a Monday night game.

Believe it or not I was just watching that Packer game last night

Originally posted by speedwagon20

MM- I was just watching the Skins/Falcons game in the 91 playoffs...I love being able to go home for lunch and pop in an old VHS. hahaha.

Wilbur was a BEAST.

tell me about man!! anytime I get the urge to see an old game, I just pop in a tape.......since I'm missing that game would you like to make a trade?

honestly...you can't really compare teams that are 10 years apart. Because every decade the teams become faster,stronger and smarter. You'll never be able to convince me that the " doomsday" defense or the "steelcurtain" is better than tampa was last year. But back in the day they were the best of their time. Just like in 10 more years we'll say the 2015 bengals. have the best defense ever...you never know.

a 4.4... 40 time could be the average DT time in 50 years.

back in the 1940's if you ran a 5.0 flat you were quick...lol

MM - A trade would be cool. I can send that one to you whenever. Something that I've always enjoyed about watching older games (other than the obvious stuff) is reliving the commercials of that time. Pretty funny.

What games do you have from the late 80s and early 90s? I pretty much just have that run in the playoffs...Falcons, Lions, Bills. Great run though!

If you create a list of the Best Team Ever you have to start with one team and one team only

72 Dolphins, they are the only ones who can say went undefeated. No one else can say that, so no one else deserves to be #1.

After them I would have to mention either the Browns or Packers of the 50 and 60's, they won like almost every year.

No Bills teams deserves to be on any "Greatest of All Time" list Puh-lease!!!!!

In the years between Marcus Allen and Terrell Davis, the AFC was a friggin' joke!!! The Giants beat the Bills with their 2nd string QB, Hostetler :lmao: Easily the worst QB ever to win a SB.

What's the difference between Dollar Bills and Buffalo Bills?

At least dollar bills are good for 4 quarters!

Originally posted by speedwagon20

code, on this board there is ALWAYS an argument.

does anyone think that there will be another undefeated team?

Not as long there is a salary cap. Denver was very close the other year, but that is all. The other thing is now with the balanced schedule you play more teams.

I don't care if the Dolphins went undefeated and danced the best jig at the SB and all were well-endowed macho men.

They are not the best team of all-time. They'd have had their asses handed to them by any number of teams throughout time, namely the 91 Skins, the 72 Skins with Jurgensen lol, the 84 and 89 Niners, the Steelers and Cowboys teams of the 70s.

Originally posted by GhostofWoodsonReturns

They are not the best team of all-time. They'd have had their asses handed to them by any number of teams throughout time, namely the 91 Skins, the 72 Skins with Jurgensen lol, the 84 and 89 Niners, the Steelers and Cowboys teams of the 70s.

:doh: :gus:

Ghost they beat the 72 skins in the superbowl and the boys of the 70's. Untill another team can go undefeated then you can argue. Don't forget they didn't have thier starting QB for a majority of that year and still went undefeated.

You didn't understand my point about the 72 Skins or the teams of the other teams I listed.

I said the 72 Skins WITH Jurgensen. He did not play in the SB. Many believe if he did the Skins would have won that day or come damn close, and the Skins were hardly a team full of Hall of Famers.

Beyond that, the Steelers teams were man-for-man BETTER, I don't care if they lost a game or two. Hell, by that standard the Laker team that went 15-2 through the playoffs was the best team of all time, when they clearly are not anywhere near the best Bulls, Lakers(of old) or Celtics(50/60s and 80s) teams.

Let me ask you this, do you think the USA Basketball team in Indianapolis would have lost those games if they had played together for 3 months even? Do you REALLY think that a team full of NBA players isn't a better squad than the internationals?

Except in this case, we have clearly better teams that actually DID play together AND had better talent.

I agree 1000%. Stat-mongering is just easier than thinking.

I mean why don't we just get some other arbitrary stat like superbowl winner with the greatest point differential, best differential of offensive yards vs. deffensive yards, or best opponents record. It's absurd that's why.

Archived