Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time to document the puke hype for 2010

tr1

Barber has never cracked 1,000 yards

Felix is ALWAYS hurt

Choice is probably the best all around back you have, but doesn't get enough touches.

And before you bring up the Redskins, let me tell you, RB is a weakness for us also.

CP hasn't been healthy in a year and has had a concussion

Johnson is the oldest of the 3 and might not have anything in the tank

Parker relies on speed and may have lost a step or could get cut.

And?

Only you seem to care that Barber has never gotten a thousand yards in a season....who cares? His value is in his pass catching, versatility, toughness, pass blocking, and short yardage. He play most of last year with a torn quad. You know nothing about football if this is how you judge a player.

Yet Jones was at his strongest down the stretch last year and is poised for his best year as a pro this year. I'm very happy with him but and he has never had injury problems up until his rookie year and he missed two games last year. So?

Choice is the 3rd back and is the insurance policy on the first two. If and when felix goes down, he steps in. It is a beautiful thing. Why do you think the Redskins went out and tried to accumulate backs? :ols:

And please don't compare the three geriatrics to our backs....:ols:

If I was the coach of the Cowboys (I think I just threw up in my mouth a little) I would start Choice, bring Felix in on draws and sprints and give the ball to Barber on short yardage plays. Then in the 2nd half, I'd pound Marion (if Dallass had the lead) and bring in the other two for change of pace. It would keep everyone fresh and injury free.

Oh my god, you just didn't give Jones credit for assembling the SB teams of the 90's did you? That was all Jimmy Johnson. Jones just thought he was giving input. Have you seen your drafts between Jimmy and Parcells? In the words of Charles Barkley, Turrible, just Turrible. And now, the "Base" of your team is because of Parcells and anything skeletor adds as the defact GM is just luck. He blows as a GM, but you guys keep letting him pick players. He's your version of Vinny.

Again, don't pretend to know about my team. Jones orchestrated and completed the Walker deal. PERIOD.

Johnson made the picks. Struck out on quite a few as well. So, which was more important, Jones getting the biggest steal in history or Johnson making a billion picks?

Unbelievable the denial in skins fans about JJ.

Skins fans will never know what it is like to keep together a 3 time super bowl winning team in the salary cap era. Picking at the bottom of each round and trying to hold on to your stars is the hardest thing to do when preserving a dynasty.

Jones struck out on Quincy and it was his attempt at getting a Franchise qb without taking one at the top of the 1st. But then again, so was Romo sits to pee.....let me know when Danny Boy figures that one out....lol.

What they did last year and what they might do this year are two different things. They've looked horrible in preseason. Yeah, I know, I know, it's just preseason. But we've been saying that for the last few years and our crappy preseason has spilled over to the regular season.

I'll give you this- technically this would have been Dallass 3rd preseason game where the starters will play close to 3 quarters. Let's see how the running game goes against Houston. If your RBs look decent, I'll be man enough to say it won't be a problem. If they struggle like they have, you'll have to admit it will be a cause for concern. And no O-line excuses. Portis has been running behind MASH units for years and has put up 1200+ yards.

THIS ........is unbelievable.

What, might I ask, is so different THIS year? Just the fact that you are saying it is different?

Haven't looked good in preseason? Seriously? THis is what you are basing your ridiculous notion that our backs are a weakness? LOL! Like the Cowboys have really tried running the ball with any consistency this preseason....

Just ignore what we did last year....it is SOOOOOOO different this year. Forget that Barber played with a torn quad all year....that will not help him at all this year to be healthy.

Ok, so 1 PRESEASON game will change your mind that they will be ok this year? Wow, you really have NO CLUE about football do you?

:ols:

If I was the coach of the Cowboys (I think I just threw up in my mouth a little) I would start Choice, bring Felix in on draws and sprints and give the ball to Barber on short yardage plays. Then in the 2nd half, I'd pound Marion (if Dallass had the lead) and bring in the other two for change of pace. It would keep everyone fresh and injury free.

First intelligent football thought I have seen from you in this thread. This probably will not happen but I would have no problem with it at all.

And?

Only you seem to care that Barber has never gotten a thousand yards in a season....who cares? His value is in his pass catching, versatility, toughness, pass blocking, and short yardage. He play most of last year with a torn quad. You know nothing about football if this is how you judge a player.

Yet Jones was at his strongest down the stretch last year and is poised for his best year as a pro this year. I'm very happy with him but and he has never had injury problems up until his rookie year and he missed two games last year. So?

Choice is the 3rd back and is the insurance policy on the first two. If and when felix goes down, he steps in. It is a beautiful thing. Why do you think the Redskins went out and tried to accumulate backs? :ols:

And please don't compare the three geriatrics to our backs....:ols:

Most starting runningbacks in the NFL are sort of judged on 1,000 yard seasons. They pay him starters money and get backup results. Never use injuries as an excuse. Been watching football for over 30 years.

Jones is "Always" poised for his best year. Yet, year after year he gets hurt and besides making a few highlight reel plays a year, hasn't been consistent enough over the long haul.

See my post above. I agree that Choice is the best back you have. He tore up my Terrapins for 250 yards a couple of years ago, but he doesn't get enough touches.

The league has sort of went to a RB by committee approach. We went out and got backs because we released Betts, Cartwright, Ganther and whoever else we had.

28, 29 and 30 are geriatric? Riggins whooped your asses in 1982 at the age of 33. Curtis Martin and several other RB's have been able to run the ball successfully over the age of 30. How about Emmitt? 30 is a number. I don't know where everyone got this idea that a player is washed up at 30.

LJ subbed for Benson last year in Cincinnati and still ran very well. He ran well before being release from KC only because he and Haley didn't get along. Parker has been getting over injuries (I know, not an excuse) and has to prove he can even make the team. I like a couple of our younger guys in Torain and Keiland Williams, but they are a year away. I think we'll have RB as a high priority next year in the draft.

Again, don't pretend to know about my team. Jones orchestrated and completed the Walker deal. PERIOD.

Johnson made the picks. Struck out on quite a few as well. So, which was more important, Jones getting the biggest steal in history or Johnson making a billion picks?

Unbelievable the denial in skins fans about JJ.

Skins fans will never know what it is like to keep together a 3 time super bowl winning team in the salary cap era. Picking at the bottom of each round and trying to hold on to your stars is the hardest thing to do when preserving a dynasty.

Jones struck out on Quincy and it was his attempt at getting a Franchise qb without taking one at the top of the 1st. But then again, so was Romo sits to pee.....let me know when Danny Boy figures that one out....lol.

Show me an article where Jones "Single Handedly" orchestrated the trade. Most of the searches I just did 2 minutes ago show that Jimmy was thinking about trading Herschel and even thought about trading Irving to the Raiders. Mainly it was Jimmy and Mike Lynn of the Vikings.

THIS ........is unbelievable.

What, might I ask, is so different THIS year? Just the fact that you are saying it is different?

Haven't looked good in preseason? Seriously? THis is what you are basing your ridiculous notion that our backs are a weakness? LOL! Like the Cowboys have really tried running the ball with any consistency this preseason....

Just ignore what we did last year....it is SOOOOOOO different this year. Forget that Barber played with a torn quad all year....that will not help him at all this year to be healthy.

Ok, so 1 PRESEASON game will change your mind that they will be ok this year? Wow, you really have NO CLUE about football do you?

:ols:

Can you at least be civil enough to me without the "you know nothing about football?" I think I'm pretty knowledgable about football. I don't claim to know everything about the Cowpukes, not that I'd want to. What the hell makes you an expert about football? Are you on an NFL staff?

http://cbs11tv.com/local/Herschel.Walker.Trade.2.1240425.html

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2009/10/with_the_herschel_walker_trade.html

http://www.footballdiner.com/nfltradingplaces.html

Even threw in a DOTS Wiki article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herschel_Walker_trade

I don't see anywhere that Jones did anything except buy the team and hire the coach. That's only 4 of the articles I saw.

In fact in one of the articles (I didn't know this) it says:

Lynn, however, was outmaneuvered by Jimmy Johnson, the Cowboys' rookie NFL coach and the mastermind of the Walker trade. Johnson had a generous offer from the Browns in hand but used it to pressure Lynn into offering him an even sweeter deal before a 6:30 p.m. deadline on Oct. 11, 1989.

But it may never have happened at all had the Cleveland Browns not being so keen to get rid of a running back who had left scars on their franchise because of one mistake in a big game.

If Cleveland doesn't trade us Byner, the trade may never have even happened.

Yeah b/c picking 3 HOFers in successive drafts is a piece of cake...why don't more teams do it? And, according to Norm Hitzges, author of Greatest Team Ever: The Dallas Cowboys Dynasty of the 1990s:

"Four games into the 1989 season, Jimmy Johnson, then head coach of the Dallas Cowboys, came up with the idea to trade Walker while on a morning jog with his staff."

Johnson stated, "[The Browns] offered us a player, a couple of future number one draft picks and three number two draft picks." The Cowboys felt this was a favorable offer, but they also felt that if another team were to enter the discussion, then they could generate a bidding war and thereby get even more compensation. Jimmy Johnson and team owner Jerry Jones decided to contact other clubs to generate buzz and create leverage. Johnson contacted Minnesota Vikings General Manager Mike Lynn. Johnson told Lynn that he was going to trade Walker to Cleveland that afternoon, and that if Minnesota would like to trade for Walker, then it would cost them "players, draft picks, conditional picks, and provisions," giving Lynn a deadline of 6:30 PM. Lynn, feeling Walker was the missing piece to a Super Bowl run, faxed Johnson that he was interested, and soon after negotiations ensued. In order to get Walker to agree to a trade, the Cowboys paid him a $1.25 million "exit bonus."[3]

Sounds to me like Johnson was doing the orchestrating. What's your source that Jones was the mastermind?

Yeah -- b.c Jones firing Johnson was a shrewd move. Yes, Switzer won a Super Bowl, but more thanks to Neil O'Donnell than Switzer. And trading for Joey Galloway...and hiring a litany of nitwit head coaches...

Despite having such a great GM in Jerry Jones...since that Super Bowl, how many playoffs games has Dallas won?

Please, Quincy Carter was far from Jones only whiff...and Romo sits to pee was Parcells boy. Give me a break.

Most starting runningbacks in the NFL are sort of judged on 1,000 yard seasons. They pay him starters money and get backup results. Never use injuries as an excuse. Been watching football for over 30 years.

I don't judge any on that silly benchmark.

66 yards a game is hardly impressive.

So playing the majority of the season on a torn quad for a RB is not saying anything about the player? The fact he averaged 4.4 ypc when he probably should not have been playing says nothing.....k

Jones is "Always" poised for his best year. Yet, year after year he gets hurt and besides making a few highlight reel plays a year, hasn't been consistent enough over the long haul.

This is his third year, so how is it "Always" and "Year after Year"...?

The league has sort of went to a RB by committee approach. We went out and got backs because we released Betts, Cartwright, Ganther and whoever else we had.

28, 29 and 30 are geriatric?

And we have had a 3 rb committee which keeps numbers down but our overall rushing production last year was among the league best. At least now you are conceding that this isn't the "old" days where there was one back getting the carries...

28, 29, 30 on a rb is nearing the end...especially when they have a bunch of mileage on them and have had injuries. The guys you mention are exceptions not the rule. It is possible that there still is tread on their tires, but no likely.

I don't judge any on that silly benchmark.

66 yards a game is hardly impressive.

And Barber has failed to hit even that...what's that tell you?

So playing the majority of the season on a torn quad for a RB is not saying anything about the player? The fact he averaged 4.4 ypc when he probably should not have been playing says nothing.....k

Everyone knows he can't sustain it. Hell, even Portis who was far more injured than Barber, behind a worse line, horrible play calling averaged 4.0

This is his third year, so how is it "Always" and "Year after Year"...?

Jones is a better Reggie Bush. He adds fantastic highlight reel plays every couple of games, but totally disappears in others

First intelligent football thought I have seen from you in this thread. This probably will not happen but I would have no problem with it at all.

Me neither. If it were me, I would trade Barber while he has some market value. Choice sitting on the bench for most of the game is a serious waste of talent.

fair enough, and in all honesty I have to concede that rushing numbers are not just a function of backs, but a myriad of other factors, principally the O-line, which looks like it could be an issue this year....

I saw the game. Houston's D-Line was playing out of their mind, but 12 carries for 13 yards is horrible. The RB's better turn it on soon or it will be tough sledding.

I saw the game. Houston's D-Line was playing out of their mind, but 12 carries for 13 yards is horrible. The RB's better turn it on soon or it will be tough sledding.

I haven't been getting any Dallas preseason games up here, so i haven't seen much, but from what I have been reading on-line, it might be time to start worrying. I was really looking forwards to this season, and I am in no way packing it in, but it would have been nice to see some highlights from the 1st unit on offense. Instead it looks like the o-line is playing on roller skates....

Yeah b/c picking 3 HOFers in successive drafts is a piece of cake...why don't more teams do it? And, according to Norm Hitzges, author of Greatest Team Ever: The Dallas Cowboys Dynasty of the 1990s:

"Four games into the 1989 season, Jimmy Johnson, then head coach of the Dallas Cowboys, came up with the idea to trade Walker while on a morning jog with his staff."

Johnson stated, "[The Browns] offered us a player, a couple of future number one draft picks and three number two draft picks." The Cowboys felt this was a favorable offer, but they also felt that if another team were to enter the discussion, then they could generate a bidding war and thereby get even more compensation. Jimmy Johnson and team owner Jerry Jones decided to contact other clubs to generate buzz and create leverage. Johnson contacted Minnesota Vikings General Manager Mike Lynn. Johnson told Lynn that he was going to trade Walker to Cleveland that afternoon, and that if Minnesota would like to trade for Walker, then it would cost them "players, draft picks, conditional picks, and provisions," giving Lynn a deadline of 6:30 PM. Lynn, feeling Walker was the missing piece to a Super Bowl run, faxed Johnson that he was interested, and soon after negotiations ensued. In order to get Walker to agree to a trade, the Cowboys paid him a $1.25 million "exit bonus."[3]

Sounds to me like Johnson was doing the orchestrating. What's your source that Jones was the mastermind?

Kenny just got 'owned'....again...:ols:

His comic relief is so refreshing.

Kenny just got 'owned'....again...:ols:

His comic relief is so refreshing.

Refreshing indeed. What makes it so funny, is he posts stuff like he knows what he is talking about, only to get smacked down. Wikipedia is Ken's kryptonite!

:ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::dallasuck

Oh my god, you just didn't give Jones credit for assembling the SB teams of the 90's did you? That was all Jimmy Johnson. Jones just thought he was giving input. Have you seen your drafts between Jimmy and Parcells? In the words of Charles Barkley, Turrible, just Turrible. And now, the "Base" of your team is because of Parcells and anything skeletor adds as the defact GM is just luck. He blows as a GM, but you guys keep letting him pick players. He's your version of Vinny.

You know, I just stopped even trying to straighten this kid out when I spit him out the facts the first time.

I mean, he really expects me (or anybody else) to believe he stepped out of the oil fields, buys a NFL team and manages to make the trade of the century with absolutely no experience at all. Then he puts the talent on that team that won 3 super bowl during that decade. (even jerry makes this claim too) I'm sure if we wait a while, Ken will make the claim that Jerry Jones also is the individual that created the NFL Draft value board that other teams use as a standard to this day. (some vary)

It's funny that that team hasn't had good talent on it except when TWO people were in charge of personnel. Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells. If Jerry was SOOOO good at wheeling and dealing, how come his team went to absolute **** when Jimmy left? How come he hasn't made any more big deals that brought the type of talent in like back in the 90s? If he was such a savy GM, why did he give a 1st and 3rd rounder for Roy Williams, and then top it off with a huge contract? You expect me to believe the same guy that made the Herschel trade is the same one that made the trade for Roy Williams (WR)? :ols: FYI: Even Austin and Romo sits to pee were Bill Parcells pickups.

Bartender, I'll have whatever he's having.

I haven't been getting any Dallas preseason games up here, so i haven't seen much, but from what I have been reading on-line, it might be time to start worrying. I was really looking forwards to this season, and I am in no way packing it in, but it would have been nice to see some highlights from the 1st unit on offense. Instead it looks like the o-line is playing on roller skates....

Part of it is the O-line, part of it was Houston's D-Line came to play and the last part was the RB's just looked like they were half-assing it. Maybe because it was preseason and they didn't want to get hurt. But this was their "for real" preseason game and they couldn't run the ball.

Part of it is the O-line, part of it was Houston's D-Line came to play and the last part was the RB's just looked like they were half-assing it. Maybe because it was preseason and they didn't want to get hurt. But this was their "for real" preseason game and they couldn't run the ball.

i would be lying if I said that i wasn't concerned....

all the sudden the Skins are a trendy pick by some......the hype machine has left Dallas for Washington.

Saying a team may go 9-7 and could get a Wild Card spot isn't "hype".

Come back when they're projecting us for a deep playoff run, and we haven't earned it.

Archived