Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT-Worried about influence on Suh, Lions lose interest in Haynesworth

SkinsCrushCowboys

Probably not the last owner that will have reservation bringing a cancer like him in..

If the Redskins are going to trade disgruntled defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, the Lions -- whose head coach, Jim Schwartz, coached Haynesworth in Tennessee -- might make sense as a destination.

But the Lions apparently have no interest in acquiring Haynesworth because they don't want a veteran with a bad attitude having a negative influence on their top rookie, Ndamukong Suh.

Jason La Canfora of NFL Network reports that the Lions are no longer considering a trade for Haynesworth because they've determined that Haynesworth isn't the kind of player they want around Suh.

It makes sense, and it points to the problem Mike Shanahan will face if he decides he wants to trade Haynesworth: Just because Haynesworth is a good player, that doesn't mean any of the 31 other coaches are going to want him on their teams.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/30/worried-about-influence-on-suh-lions-lose-interest-in-haynesworth/

This isn't bad news for us and our HC. This is bad news for Haynesworth. If this is true, and more teams feel this way than not, he's just ruined his career. He might not care about that after getting paid all that money on April 1st... but he will down the road. Things have an amazing way of working out like that.

This is why AH isn't going anywhere.

1) We won't trade him until he pays back some money according to TK.

2) Even if we wanted to trade him, I don't think anyone would want him or trade anything of value for him.

If and once he pays the money back dont be shocked if Shanny cuts him :ols:

Guys- Don't fall for what JLC is spewing out of his crooked domepiece. JLC hasn't been right in anything involving this offseason.

AH has had his best years under Schwartz. If he wants AH he'd go out and get him.. I'm sure, just like any other coach knows who AH really is .. and us Redskins fans will never know because he's already buried himself 6' deep in our eyes. Schwartz knows how to keep fatty mcfatterton happy. If the Lions meet the Skins price, you can bet he will be traded for.

Exactly...Haynesworth killed his own value. He's now viewed as an overpaid diva who doesn't work hard and has a world of potential.

I doubt he cares... I doubt he cares if he is remembered as the biggest FA bust ever... so far, none of his actions off the field suggest he gives an s about his career or maximizing his potential... he got paid and in my opinion, his goal has been fulfilled...

they are just saying that to drop the price on turd tub. they will pick him up when hes cheap enough.

suh and Ah lined up side by side with a DC who knows how to use and control both, it would make any qb JIMP out of fear.

we need to keep Albert. We have no leverage in this situation, and get the short end of the stick in any trade.

I think we are beyond the point of no return with him, especially considering how much has been said in the press.

He's too much of a distraction and needs to me moved - even if we have to flat-out cut him.

they are just saying that to drop the price on turd tub. they will pick him up when hes cheap enough.

suh and Ah lined up side by side with a DC who knows how to use and control both, it would make any qb JIMP out of fear.

Our DC knows what to do and unless the QB is on Fat Alberts couch he is not going to be afraid . Well maybe if princess lands on him in one of his classic "fall and cart off via stretcher routines".

He might not care about that after getting paid all that money on April 1st... but he will down the road.

That is the thing that Albert (apparently) and most of the rest of us fail to realize about this situation. After agent fees and taxes he probably doesn;t even get half of that money. While that sounds like allot to us average Joes, the way this guy spends money, he'll be broke in 5 years if he doesn't continue his career. Haynesworth has now torpedoed his value to the rest of the league and has greatly reduced his earning potential. He hurt himself.

As far as the Redskins go, while their were rumors about 2011 2nd round picks being offered, the Redskins obviously weren't offered anything too substantial for him or they would have taken it because they don't seem to want him at all. They will probably just finish off this game of chicken with him, trying to get some money back, and wind up settling with him on a release.

You know it's bad when a former coach who used to be in your corner no longer wants anything to do with you.

If all the players speaking publicly about AH doesn't send a message Haynesworth, Schwarts losing interest should.

Of course they are, it couldn't really be about the fact that he actually has a bad attitude. :rolleyes:

Would you let this dude around your #2 draft pick and DT of the future? I rest my case.

This was never about the 3-4, this was about Albert enjoying his summer and being scurred of the new HC demanding some work ethic from him.

This has a 5% chance of working out well, Albert has killed any trade value he had and has stolen too much money from the Skins for us to cut him without getting something back.

Archived