Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP RI - Austin getting a long look a WR, kick returner

Spanky73188

i will be around and will eat my foot if TA tears it up more so than MM. id be even glad to do it, afterall TA is on the skins and MM isnt. my allegiance is to the skins and not a particular player. i just felt that shannallen made a HUGE mistake letting him go.

if he was THAT bad as some think.. then why was he picked up by the lions within 24 hours? (ya they suck but MM learning from megatron can only be good)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND,

redskinsblog

RT @JohnNiyo: Lions released WR Marko Mitchell today. He was claimed off waivers from Washington six weeks ago.

Crow is looking fresh this morning.

terrance "the Capital Punisher" Austin.

this nickname is a play off him being here in d.c., our nations capital and his last name ... capital of Texas.

Austin East

dallas has an Austin, but of course that is west of us.

its never too early for a nickname .... but I might be too late, damn1 http://www.homermcfanboy.com/2010/05/11/terrence-austin-the-playmaker/

he sounds promising though, size, strength, speed.

Austin may turn out to be nothing more than another mediocre late draft pick but let's face it, we need some young blood at return and wideout. Santana, who I love, is another year older and another inch closer to have another hamstring injury or something else happen to him. Devin and Malcolm aren't speedsters and we need someone who can take it to the house on a given play. I don't remember Desean Jackson blowing up on his combine. He came across as a small speed guy and turned into a pretty good wideout.

Maybe Shanny can turn Austin into our Eddie Royal. 2 years ago, Royal had something like 90 catches his rookie year. I'm rooting for him.

I don't care if he's never taken one to the house on KR/PR. I'd take a consistent 25-30 avg. on KR and 10+ avg. on PR in place of the occasional TD.

Rock Cartwright only had 1 KRTD for the team, but ranks second to only Brian Mitchell in total KR yards.

You don't have to be Devin Hester/Josh Cribbs to be a great return man...

Archived