Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Going against the Mob, somewhat in support of Haynesworth

Ryman of the North

but what if they told you they were using windows and then you changed everything in your business to support windows? add to that that you didnt know MAC at all

I think you mean you are using Windows and changed to Mac OS right?

That sounds like a fairly average week to me :)

but what if they told you they were using windows and then you changed everything in your business to support windows? add to that that you didnt know MAC at all

That is a failed comparison, Albert didn't change anything, he has always been a 4-3 DT. He just switched teams/companies. Now, if you had run/worked with Windows your entire career (like the 4-3) they pay you a boat load of money to work on their windows based system then in year two they switch to MAC......you learn it, become great at two things and take the money. This happens in business ALL THE TIME. Happened to me with two different trading sytems in two years and two different database systems. You learn, adjust and become skilled in multiple areas. It is called being a professional.

If you had in your contract that you work Windows-only, you may have a point. Otherwise, this kind of stuff happens in business all the time.

add to that that you didnt know MAC at all

To quote half a dozen Hall oF Fame caliber players who have commented in this: "It's still football!" Whats more, he is playing the same position, just a different scheme. Compare that to Andre Carter who is being asked to switch to a totally new position, for much less money.

I can't believe how much energy you have wasted defending that guy! Are you his agent or something?

If you had in your contract that you work Windows-only, you may have a point. Otherwise, this kind of stuff happens in business all the time.

seriously... if this was such a BIG deal to AH, a deal breaker, then he should have put it in the contract... but because he didn't. he should just shut his fat mouth and continue to be way overpaid for being such a loser...

No he wasnt if he had been I never would have stepped up in his face.

Im ok with that my fervent hope is that Shannahan doesnt screw everything up.

Of course you would not have, and what player is dumb enough to piss off a HOF coach like Shannahan, Gibbs, Parcells and others HOFers? Uh, yeah Albert "Friggin Genius" Haynesworth. Even loud mouth Portis snapped in line, Landry no problem, Carlos Rogers, hmm suddenly not showing his unhappiness, all but the all mighty Al.

No he wasnt if he had been I never would have stepped up in his face.

Im ok with that my fervent hope is that Shannahan doesnt screw everything up.

Originally Posted by Ryman of the North

It depends, I have told a coach to pound sand before, and at the time I was good enough to get away with it.

So you were good enough to do it, but only because in your opinion the coach sucked, hmmm, let me think about for a moment.

nah not buying.

Rabbit_large.jpg

Ta--Dah

That's it? Your using a Mac v. Windows as a comparison to the 3-4 v. 4-3?

:ols:

Ok first off let me say the way Al has handled this has been rather ****ty. He made alot of empty promises, then took the money and tried to run(which he probably will via trade). But one part of me looks at it like this, I'm a Welder, if my boss promised me that is what I would be doing at all times and he would pay me "X" amount of dollars then I would be happy, however if after one year, boss said I had to nothing but prep work or firewatch then I would be a little angry, It would be a complete waste of my talent, now lets say I had a bonus coming in a few months, I think I would stick it out for said two months and then quit after I get my money, then go to another company and get paid to use my talent. Now mind you I would never see 20 million dollars, but it makes sense to me kinda. Is it a dick move on his part? Sure is. Would I have done it in his position? Who knows, but I'm leaning toward yes, only if it was any other team than my beloved Redskins.

Originally Posted by Ryman of the North

It depends, I have told a coach to pound sand before, and at the time I was good enough to get away with it.

So you were good enough to do it, but only because in your opinion the coach sucked, hmmm, let me think about for a moment.

nah not buying.

No, I did it because the coach was a moron and not just in my opinion, I got away with it because I was good.

Ryman is a future semi-professional canadian football league HOF.

First ballot. No doubt.

We dont have a HOF for the AFL, they have one in Ontario for the NFC. If we did I dont doubt that I would as Ive had a pretty solid run in my 15 seasons.

I've founded a team (the Edmonton Stallions)

I've made the all star team as a DE, DT, OT

I've won the MVL and DMVP award for the league

I was a perennial winner of lineman of the year and DMVP for 8 seasons

more importantly teams I played on finished first defensively in 11 out of 15 seasons First Offensively in the last 7.

My team has won 3 national championships and 7 league championships.

I suppose this would be one of those times when im expected to display false humility? feel free to post your football experience if you want to mock mine.

Ok first off let me say the way Al has handled this has been rather ****ty. He made alot of empty promises, then took the money and tried to run(which he probably will via trade). But one part of me looks at it like this, I'm a Welder, if my boss promised me that is what I would be doing at all times and he would pay me "X" amount of dollars then I would be happy, however if after one year, boss said I had to nothing but prep work or firewatch then I would be a little angry, It would be a complete waste of my talent, now lets say I had a bonus coming in a few months, I think I would stick it out for said two months and then quit after I get my money, then go to another company and get paid to use my talent. Now mind you I would never see 20 million dollars, but it makes sense to me kinda. Is it a dick move on his part? Sure is. Would I have done it in his position? Who knows, but I'm leaning toward yes, only if it was any other team than my beloved Redskins.
The thing is, Hayneworthlessness isn't being asked to stop being a defensive tackle. So the analogy fails completely.

Lmao I would think the moron is the one trying to pick a fight on an internet message board.

So why did you start this thread. You against the world starts your engine?

And I am not picking a fight, I am just expressing my opinions which on this board has as much value as yours. Shocking I know, because you hold your own opinion is such high regard when measured against everyone else's.

As I stated before, your polishing your pedastal. And while that is fine don't be upset when the rest of us don't stand back in awe.

Since you only respond to the low brow and not any of the real facts, such as Haynesworth's own comments I will leave you alone at this point in your thread aka the index of personal refraction.

more importantly teams I played on finished first defensively in 11 out of 15 seasons First Offensively in the last 7.

I suppose this would be one of those times when im expected to display false humility? feel free to post your football experience if you want to mock mine.

not-impressed-cat-is-not-impressed.jpg

Bragging about being good in that ****ty league is like me bragging about beating up a bunch of disabled kids. Nobody cares guy, just stick to your points even if they are deluded and misguided.

We dont have a HOF for the AFL, they have one in Ontario for the NFC. If we did I dont doubt that I would as Ive had a pretty solid run in my 15 seasons.

I don't know pal. I see ONE outstanding lineman award (2001). Looks like that was your only all-star appearance since 2001 as well. I guess all these other accolades came prior to the Stallion and subsequent Wolfpack years (pre-2001), but I can't find any record of such.

Be that as it may, I think you might just be hanging on at this point. (You're definitely no Shelden Southgate.) You actually manage to make Albert Haynesworth look svelte in this photo:

f24e17b5-cb9d-4def-aedf-4c70a7ba57e2.jpg

Archived