Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP - McNabb: Young Eagles Must Learn To Deal With Boos

HapHaszard

http://cbs3.com/sports/Donovan.McNabb.Washington.2.1748170.html

Donovan McNabb has a reminder for some of the young Philadelphia Eagles: He's no longer going to be there to absorb the boos.

McNabb was back in the Philadelphia area Saturday hosting a football clinic for 320 kids as part of his ongoing charity work. The six-time Pro Bowl quarterback said he'll always have an attachment to the city where he played for 11 seasons before getting traded to the Washington Redskins in April.

"I've been here for a long time," McNabb said. "I feel like this is part of my home."

Though he was regular winner during his time with the Eagles, McNabb always drew his share of criticism. Now it's time for the team's next generation to see if they can handle the heat that comes with the praise.

"It not only happens with me. It happens with Peyton (Manning). It happens with Tom (Brady). It happens with everybody. When you're the older guy, everybody talks about you. When you win, everybody talks about you. When you lose, everybody talks about you.

"And some young guys always want to get the credit -- until they get in the shoes where they're the ones getting the criticism. Then all of a sudden, people don't like the criticism. I can handle that; some people can't. Until they get hit with that type of buzz, then they'll realize the shoes that I was in. But, from afar, everybody wants to be who you are."

click on the link above for the rest of the article

"And some young guys always want to get the credit -- until they get in the shoes where they're the ones getting the criticism. Then all of a sudden, people don't like the criticism. I can handle that; some people can't. Until they get hit with that type of buzz, then they'll realize the shoes that I was in.

Grab a napkin Desean Jackson, you just got served......

Well, it appears as though I wasn't the only one who thought that was a not-so-veiled reference to DeSean. :ols: I am actually interested to see who the Eagle fans blame for everything for the next couple of years. Reid and Kolb are the obvious choices, but I'm guessing Jackson is a public enough figure to start getting his share of blame for his **** ups.

Well, it appears as though I wasn't the only one who thought that was a not-so-veiled reference to DeSean. :ols: I am actually interested to see who the Eagle fans blame for everything for the next couple of years. Reid and Kolb are the obvious choices, but I'm guessing Jackson is a public enough figure to start getting his share of blame for his **** ups.

You know that to save face, in the wake of the McNabb trade to a rival, Eagles fans will hold off on blaming Kolb for as long as possible if he doesn't play well. So I'd say that the OL, lack of running game, WR's, coaching, defense, special teams, the fans, the city of Philly, and the war on terrorism are all likely scapegoats.

You know that to save face, in the wake of the McNabb trade to a rival, Eagles fans will hold off on blaming Kolb for as long as possible if he doesn't play well. So I'd say that the OL, lack of running game, WR's, coaching, defense, special teams, the fans, the city of Philly, and the war on terrorism are all likely scapegoats.

You forgot Santa Claus.

am I the only person who wishes McNabb would stop talking about the Eagles? Then again he did spend 11 seasons there, still kinda getting annoying though.

Well, he was IN Philly for a charity function, with other Redskins as well. Kinda hard to avoid the topic...

Grab a napkin Desean Jackson, you just got served......

Another article,

Delaware online

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20100613/SPORTS02/6130361/-1/RSS08

Supposed feuds just media creations, McNabb says

MARLTON, N.J. -- Donovan McNabb said the perceived feud between him and DeSean Jackson was really just another media-driven myth, much like the 2005 episode between the Eagles quarterback and Terrell Owens.

"Me and DeSean have never had a problem," the former Eagles quarterback told The News Journal on Saturday in an interview from his annual kids clinic, held about 20 miles from Philadelphia despite his offseason trade to the Redskins.

"Me and T.O. have never had a problem. But everybody wants to create that scene to be a big story."

Despite the Easter Sunday night trade that ended McNabb's career in Philadelphia after 11 seasons, McNabb said he is still a "sparkplug" for controversy on local airwaves and in newspaper columns.

click on the link above

"Me and DeSean have never had a problem," the former Eagles quarterback told The News Journal on Saturday in an interview from his annual kids clinic, held about 20 miles from Philadelphia despite his offseason trade to the Redskins.

"Me and T.O. have never had a problem. But everybody wants to create that scene to be a big story."

He and T.O. "never had a problem", eh? lol :ols:...Yeah, ok. :)

I actually never thought McNabb handled the boos well at all. He always resented them, then tried to laugh it off. I never believed his laughter was real, and neither did Philly. Guy doesn't have nearly the thick skin he is describing. Just the opposite in fact.

I actually never thought McNabb handled the boos well at all. He always resented them, then tried to laugh it off. I never believed his laughter was real, and neither did Philly. Guy doesn't have nearly the thick skin he is describing. Just the opposite in fact.

this is more truth than the eagle fans wanted to admit. your qb has to be a hardened general and they really got under his skin early.

this is more truth than the eagle fans wanted to admit. your qb has to be a hardened general and they really got under his skin early.

I would suspect anyone who played QB for Philly and was boo'd the day he was drafted would have a bit of resentment.

I would suspect anyone who played QB for Philly and was boo'd the day he was drafted would have a bit of resentment.

I dont know rookies being booed, I mean he didnt come into the league with a known rep, I just think it wasnt what the Philly fans were expecting and some knee jerk a lot, McNabb should have been advised better on how to react to it.

Well, McNabb will still get booed in Philly. And he'll get booed in DC if he doesn't win. It's the way sports works nowadays. Fans are impatient and want their championship yesterday. It's the fast food mentality of the country. Win and you're "in like flint." Lose and you get booed.

Archived