Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Redskins-related gift?

NewCliche21

So, today's my birthday. Twenty-six years ago today, your favorite obnoxious ESer was born. To celebrate the day, my fiancee got me two tickets on the 50 in section 101, row 25 to the season opener versus Dallas. Absolutely incredible, and I was floored. Easily the best Redskins gift that I've ever gotten.

I'm sure, though, that there are ESers out there who have gotten similar tickets, autographs, memorabilia, or other creative Redskins-related gifts for their birthdays, Hannukah, Christmas, or some other occasion. Let's hear them!

Thanks! If you're only 20 and have gotten something better, then I'm gonna be pissed! :saber: ;)

Noo, definitely not! But my best friend is bringing me to the Skins/Giants game in December for my B-Day, which is only a week away! So, similar gift, but not quite as good :) Feel secure in your present's superiority :silly:

First off, many happy returns NC my good man. When one of the finest posters known to humanity, and a leading light we could all learn from, celebrates a Birthday; it's a day we ALL celebrate and raise a glass to.

Now, about that "other" ticket. You don't want to take her to the game. I'm sure she'd love to spend a few free hours shopping uninterrupted on a Sunday afternoon whilst the tailgate goes into full swing. I'll, uhmmm, I mean maybe she would like to take in a show after. Yup, sounds like the way to go. You'd be way better off taking a funny sounding dude with you ..... (Looks all innocent and **** and wonders if he over did the plaudits ..... ).

Hail.

Thanks guys! Isn't it amazing how the people we love in our life know EXACTLY what we want? We are the easiest to shop for. "Hmm, what to get Jason for his birthday? Oh, I know, I'll paint his bird house burgundy and gold and he'll end up cleaning off the brushes."

Congrats and happy BD!

My best Redskins gift ever wasn't a jersey, or a signed collectible, or anything like that...

When my wife and I got married on Sept 29th of 2006, after the vows and everything were exchanged....about an hour later after taking pictures with the photographer...we then got introduced to everyone for the first time as a couple at the reception....as they said our name and we walked into the room...HAIL TO THE REDSKINS blared out over the PA system! My wife surprised me with that and I will never forget it...neither will most of the 125 people that attended because they like me/us were Redskins fans as well. I teared up right then and there I have to admit lol

:pfft: :point2sky

My dad is vice president of marketing for an auto parts company. One year Joe Gibbs (while he was still coach) spoke at his company's convention and my dad asked if he could sign something for me. Gibbs said sure, I'll send you a little something.

So Joe Gibbs Racing sent over a NASCAR racing helmet to Redskins park to the equipment room, where they put the full markings on it. So it's a racing helmet that looks like a Redskins helmet. Then Gibbs signed it in gold Sharpie.

Pretty unique present. Not sure there are too many out there like that.

I'd have to say the best Redskins gift I got came on the eve before my wedding night, at my rehearsal dinner.

My father-in-law pulled me aside and said he wanted to speak with me for a minute...I'll keep whatever oh-crap thoughts that went through my head at the moment to myself. The conversation proved to be meaningless talk aimed at distracting me while my wife set up a mini-Redskins shrine complete with a customly done Redskins Groomsman cake.

A few pictures are attached here...you can't see it all, but the full fight song wrap around the cake. The characters are supposed to be me and my normal road-game watching partner, my dog (terribly unrepresentative)!

Oh, don't get me wrong...I think I speak for all of us Redskins fans when I say that I've gotten my fair share of those types of gifts.

I've got multiples of Christmas ornaments, license plate holders, window clings and the like. Generally, I find use for them all or give them to family members/friends who are fans. I can say the wife gets somewhat annoyed when I put all of the traditional Christmas ornaments to the side and layer the front of the tree with countless Redskins ornaments, including all multiples that I've accumulated! The compromise there, ultimately results in several Skins ornaments front and center and eye level and the others scattered around the tree.

The latest gifts aren't necessarily Redskins specific, but I've gotten several tailgate related items for the game. Last year the propane heater proved very useful, it was much colder for the season as a whole than I can remember in recent history.

I got a unique one. How about an... ahem... water pipe, emblazoned with the logo, and tinted burgundy. It was a Christmas present from my girlfriend this past Christmas.

Darrell Greens is his name.

:pfft:

LMAO!!! Seriously? got any pics of it? (pm meh) lol

Archived