Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Redskins-related gift?

NewCliche21

Congrats and happy BD!

My best Redskins gift ever wasn't a jersey, or a signed collectible, or anything like that...

When my wife and I got married on Sept 29th of 2006, after the vows and everything were exchanged....about an hour later after taking pictures with the photographer...we then got introduced to everyone for the first time as a couple at the reception....as they said our name and we walked into the room...HAIL TO THE REDSKINS blared out over the PA system! My wife surprised me with that and I will never forget it...neither will most of the 125 people that attended because they like me/us were Redskins fans as well. I teared up right then and there I have to admit lol

:pfft: :point2sky

like this?

i gotta find a woman that will let me do that.

I bought tickets to the Monday night game versus the Eagles in November for my self and my better half. Haven't been to DC in 11 years. I'll just say it was a gift for myself and I love it. 1st level row 1.

Anyway, my better half is an Iggles fan, and it's easy to make the relationship work, because all I have to do is bring up the emopty trophy case, and it ends right there. But she comes up with all sorts of gifts every year and at any time. From gloves, to clocks, to toys, to clothing. Doesnt matter, she always frinds something new and it's great. I am very easy to shop for and she does well.

Happy B-day BTW!!!

Hail

After the Skins won SBXXVI, my wife at the time got me an authentic football from the game {paid out the wazoo for it too} along with a photo of "Rip" with the COA docs, and a Skins Zuba outfit.

Lucky for me I got rid of the wife and kept the stuff..lol...

Man, those Zubas were LOUD, and people noticed when I had it on too!

Congrats dude!

For me and my wifes first anniversary, she stole my authentic Sean Taylor Jersey without me knowing because I will never wear that jersey again, and gave it back to me in a shadow box with a golden background, pretty much the most awesome thing she coulda done for me.............now i look at it everyday hanging up on my wall.

Happy Birthday! Of course, my wife got me a CB5 white jersey with embroidered signature for my birthday. Only one of it's kind in Arizona. Kinda hoping she gets me the CB15 jersey for my birthday this year. Keeping my fingers crossed with lots of hint dropping as it's coming up in August. Kinda hoping I'll score my buddies preseason tickets against the Cards on Sept. 2nd. They sit on the 50, 4rows up behind the opposing teams bench. You can literally hold conversations with the players. Oh yeah, Happy Birthday again.

I get season tickets for every birthday, I think thats pretty good.. Too bad Im at school in Myrtle beach and only get to enjoy about 3-4 games a season... Keepin em' for the long run though.

You get season tickets every year for your birthdaY??

Happy Birthday and enjoy your moment. Hopefully the team will rise up and crush the boys on opening night.

I've gotten lots of redskins 'stuff' over the years but two really great REDSKIN gifts stand out more than the rest. The first one was my mom who bought my brother and I SUPERBOWL tickets to the REDSKINS/Bills game in Minnesota. Nothing will ever beat that.

For my 30th birthday, my girlfriend/now wife's roommate parent's (from Virginia) was renting out one of his homes to Tony Sparano and his family while he was coaching the redskins. My wife's roommate at the time family was pretty close to the Sparano's and told some of the stories of my REDSKIN days in Texas (been here since 1973...moved from Walter Reed) and since 1979 been to almost every Redskin/Cowboy game in Dallas. Anyway, Coach Sparano took an autograph book around with all sorts of pictures of me and my family and different Redskin games/events and showed off my sports room to the locker room and had over 35 members of the team sign my book and write a little message to me. It was Deion first year in DC and I remember signing his last name $anders...kinda funny now, I guess.

Lastly, my wife's parents were at a charity golf tournament and had a Joe Theismann jersey signed for me (the charity golf tournament in Lake Tahoe) and also had Joe send me a personalized Happy Birthday picture to me. He asked my in-laws for my address while they were out on the course and even personally called me. It was a great experience.

HOpefully many more experiences to come.....

My BDay (31st) was June 1st and my wife got me an official Sean Taylor burgandy jersey.

Living in Nova Scotia makes tickets a bit rare for me!

Happy BDay and enjoy the game!

Similar to this, but not for any specific reason I got an authentic 70th anniversary Sean Taylor jersey right after he passed. Actually, I might have gotten it for his passing. I took it pretty bad and I think it was to cheer me up, which it did.

Oh, and happy birthday!!

Archived