Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WWDC 2010 is Underway!

Rdskn4Lyf21

This does a good job of summing up why the iPhone is better (IMO) than Android phones. I base this on constantly helping my dad with his Droid...

http://www.iphonealley.com/current/the-iphone-does-what-android-doesnt

The iPhone Does What Android Doesn't

Submitted by Darren Beckett on June 3, 2010 - 8:12pm. in Opinions & Editorials Android Android Market App Store iPhone

No one can argue that Google hasn't done an amazing job of catching up to the iPhone. A year after the release of the iPhone, Apple looked unstoppable. Then T-Mobile launches the G1 — which was a horrible device — and it didn't look like Google could come up with anything any better than Blackberry or Palm. Despite a rough start, Google has done a lot of things right. But for everything Android has done right, they've managed to do as many things wrong.

code you could've at least found an article from a place not named iphonealley lol.

maybe something from cnet...

http://reviews.cnet.com/2722-6452_7-559.html

LOL... I wasn't intending to be "unbiased"... I just thought the article summed up the experience I have had.

I just google searched iphone vs. android...

Bottomline, I have no desire to convert people to apple... I just don't understand the hate...

I think a lot of things that people use as negatives against apple and the iphone are actually positives. Because Apple is so controlling, they make things easier by having consistency (as the article points out). I'll admit, if i were a programmer or something like that, maybe my mind change, but I'm not, I just want something that works and works well...

As others have said - your posts in this thread have done nothing but reek of douchebaggery.

You seem to have a tendancy of making comments with little to no knowledge of the subject.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you've never owned an iPhone or any other Apple product but are now trying to sit here and make comments about them being overhyped.

And your limb is wrong. I actually HAVE an iPod, which DOES kick ass. It's just...something rubs me the wrong way about Apple.

And yes, SWAT team http://www.zdnet.com/blog/apple/gizmodo-editor-jason-chens-house-raided-computers-seized-updated/6730

LOL... I wasn't intending to be "unbiased"... I just thought the article summed up the experience I have had.

I just google searched iphone vs. android...

Bottomline, I have no desire to convert people to apple... I just don't understand the hate...

I think a lot of things that people use as negatives against apple and the iphone are actually positives. Because Apple is so controlling, they make things easier by having consistency (as the article points out). I'll admit, if i were a programmer or something like that, maybe my mind change, but I'm not, I just want something that works and works well...

I don't hate Apple, as much as I think the fanboys that try to get you to buy everything Apple. Apple makes good products, the iPhone, iPod, iMac, to name a few. Some of them, iPad, I think are overhyped. But I've had an iPod in some shape or form for awhile now, its a great product.

The iMac isn't easy for me to use, I guess because I've used Windows all my life. I have no problems finding things or solving problems with my PC. The only thing I like about the Macbooks are that the battery lasts forever on those things. I'm happy if I get an hour out of my HP laptop. I just think some of their products are over prices, Macbooks. What does it do that my laptop can't? And for half the price, my laptop does everything I need it do.

I applaud Apple for the way they changed the mp3 and cell phone game. Its always good to have a competitor trying to improve things constantly, but some people buy more into the hype than anything. Not saying all people, seems like you like Apple because it works for you, which is fine. But some people buy it because they think its the trendy thing, but now Apple is becoming more of the norm, will those people switch back to Microsoft or go to Google?

I don't hate Apple, as much as I think the fanboys that try to get you to buy everything Apple. Apple makes good products, the iPhone, iPod, iMac, to name a few. Some of them, iPad, I think are overhyped. But I've had an iPod in some shape or form for awhile now, its a great product.

The iMac isn't easy for me to use, I guess because I've used Windows all my life. I have no problems finding things or solving problems with my PC. The only thing I like about the Macbooks are that the battery lasts forever on those things. I'm happy if I get an hour out of my HP laptop. I just think some of their products are over prices, Macbooks. What does it do that my laptop can't? And for half the price, my laptop does everything I need it do.

I applaud Apple for the way they changed the mp3 and cell phone game. Its always good to have a competitor trying to improve things constantly, but some people buy more into the hype than anything. Not saying all people, seems like you like Apple because it works for you, which is fine. But some people buy it because they think its the trendy thing, but now Apple is becoming more of the norm, will those people switch back to Microsoft or go to Google?

I'm like you, If I like a product, I like it and will use it, don't care what name is on it.

I have an iMac and a Windows7 PC and love both of them. I also have an iPod nano...

Regarding the iPad, at first, i really couldn't see the point, but after playing with one that an asst principal has at my school, I'd love to have one but can't justify the money. My son would love it and I'd never use my laptop at home.

Where the iPad would dominate is in a school setting. Imagine each student having one, no text books, everything digital. As a teacher, I could really get through to the kids, they would love working with it.

I'm like you, If I like a product, I like it and will use it, don't care what name is on it.

I have an iMac and a Windows7 PC and love both of them. I also have an iPod nano...

Regarding the iPad, at first, i really couldn't see the point, but after playing with one that an asst principal has at my school, I'd love to have one but can't justify the money. My son would love it and I'd never use my laptop at home.

Where the iPad would dominate is in a school setting. Imagine each student having one, no text books, everything digital. As a teacher, I could really get through to the kids, they would love working with it.

Haha an iPad in school? Horrible idea, we were both in school once, do you really think they'd use it for just school??

But yes, I use things that work for me. I have an iPod Touch, Windows 7 laptop, and a BlackBerry. I don't think I'd ever get a Macbook or iMac though. I'm so used to Windows and everything at work is Windows that it would be pointless to have to learn a new OS. Plus the cost is the big turn off for me.

Haha an iPad in school? Horrible idea, we were both in school once, do you really think they'd use it for just school??

But yes, I use things that work for me. I have an iPod Touch, Windows 7 laptop, and a BlackBerry. I don't think I'd ever get a Macbook or iMac though. I'm so used to Windows and everything at work is Windows that it would be pointless to have to learn a new OS. Plus the cost is the big turn off for me.

We use laptops in school now (high school) and the kids kid kicked off really fast if they do anything (go anywhere) they are not supposed to... As tech friendly as I am, I was stunned to see how quick they get shut down. The kids learn fast that they can't get away with anything...

We use laptops in school now (high school) and the kids kid kicked off really fast if they do anything (go anywhere) they are not supposed to... As tech friendly as I am, I was stunned to see how quick they get shut down. The kids learn fast that they can't get away with anything...

I know in college in my stats class the professor could lock our computers to show only what was on his so we couldn't go anywhere. So that could work I guess.

The iPad could have some potential in the future, but right now, it just doesn't do anything that I can't already do.

I know in college in my stats class the professor could lock our computers to show only what was on his so we couldn't go anywhere. So that could work I guess.

The iPad could have some potential in the future, but right now, it just doesn't do anything that I can't already do.

Yeah, their screens can be frozen so you can bust them, but there are other things that can happen as well...

I agree, I can't spend them money on an iPad right now, its too much, but I'd much rather have one of them over a net book....

Maybe the price will drop, but for now, I can live without it...

Yeah, their screens can be frozen so you can bust them, but there are other things that can happen as well...

I agree, I can't spend them money on an iPad right now, its too much, but I'd much rather have one of them over a net book....

Maybe the price will drop, but for now, I can live without it...

Yeah I am not so sold on the iPad for my needs. Granted if they do come down I can see getting one for reading books. But I just bought the wife a Kindle anyway.

Neat concept, sure it will get a camera in the future and that could be cool. Though still don't know how much use I would get out of it.

I still can't see how anyone can read books for an extended period of time on an ipad. It's murder on the eyes, or maybe I just had sensentive eyes.

As for the new iPhone am more excited by the the htc evo.

Yeah that is one thing I wanna try out. The Kindle isn't backlit so it doesn't have the "reading on a computer screen" feel. It is great for book reading.

Has anyone checked their eligibility recently? I was eligible in November, but I read something on Giz, just checked, and I can now purchase a 32GB 3GS for $299. This is my 3rd iPhone btw. I dropped the first one in a toilet, lost the 2nd one, then limped around with a Palm Centro until the 3GS game out and bought that. The thing is, the two replacements I bought cost me $499 each, which I thought was full price.

They told me last week that I'd exhausted my upgrade options by buying those two phones, so I was resigned to the fact that I'd have to wait until November. Psyched I'll be able to grab one on day 1.

Has anyone checked their eligibility recently? I was eligible in November, but I read something on Giz, just checked, and I can now purchase a 32GB 3GS for $299. This is my 3rd iPhone btw. I dropped the first one in a toilet, lost the 2nd one, then limped around with a Palm Centro until the 3GS game out and bought that. The thing is, the two replacements I bought cost me $499 each, which I thought was full price.

They told me last week that I'd exhausted my upgrade options by buying those two phones, so I was resigned to the fact that I'd have to wait until November. Psyched I'll be able to grab one on day 1.

I hope that means Att is locking people in before their exclusivity runs out.

Come on to Verizon Apple.

I haven't been eligible and supposedly wasn't up until November (I bought 3GS at launch). I just checked online and I can get the 32GB 3GS for $299 as well. I've heard rumors that those of us who bought the 3GS at launch will be rolled up to be eligible to upgrade with the new one. Again, those are just rumors...you never know until you are purchasing the device :ols:

Is there a way to watch it live on the net?

There's usually a stream here and there that surfaces, but it's from attendees and the quality is poor. Most bloggers do live blogging. I'll be following along with ModMyI. I also have to work today so I may miss a lot of the initial coverage :(

*ModMyI is trying to get something setup (video-wise)

Archived