Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HELP! Hotel/Tailgate information needed for opening game!

ZoEd

Searched and didn't see a thread for the home opener against Dallas, so if one is alread started please merge.

I'll be arriving in the DC area on Saturday night from West By God Virginia. I'll be spending a couple days up there visiting family in Harpers Ferry from Wed thru Friday. Anyway, I was considering staying on Andrews AFB but after tailgating/football game I think getting a place closer to the stadium would be a much better idea. Any suggestions on where a decent hotel, both in price and accomodations, is to stay around Fed Ex?

Of course what's a home opener against Dallas without the tailgate with a bunch of ES brothers and sisters. Any information on the in's, out's and whereabouts of the ES tailgate will also be greatly appreciated.

HTTR!

Dave

The ES Tailgate thread is usually posted about a week before the game.

I usually stay at the New Carrollton Four Points by Sheraton. They provide a free shuttle to the New Carrollton Metro, or it's only a 15 min drive to FedEx. Not sure about rates as I always use points to stay.

Sweet, I'll check these places out.

This is a huge undertaking for me since three of us are coming in from all over the states. Kind of want to have a tentative gameplan ahead of time instead of waiting for a couple weeks before game time to figure things out. Thanks for the advice on the hotels!

• 1 month later...

Okay, little over a month out and getting antsie. Don't want to wait till the last minute to book a hotel and there be nothing left. Checked out the two already mentioned in this thread but looking for some more suggestions. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Nice Candace, I'll check it out.

Checked it out and I think it's a done deal! I can get it for $118 a night! Not bad, not bad at all! Thanks for the info!

Now, lets talk tailgate!

Mark was kind enough to put together some information concerning the ES/RR Tailgate

Clicking on the links in that write up will give you a real good idea of who/what and when for the tailgates.

See Ya There!

Noon for a night game? The stadium will be half empty. Everyone will be passed out in the parking lots.

Hogs Haven did an interview with Snyder and he said they had stuff planned for the fans in the parking lots, didn't say what.

Word is gates for the parking lot will be opening at noon for that game so take that into account.
Hogs Haven did an interview with Snyder and he said they had stuff planned for the fans in the parking lots, didn't say what.
Lol, don't really care what he has planned as long as he opens the lots at noon.
That's a very good point my friend. It'll be nice to kick back and not feel so rushed.

Holy mackeral! This is like a dream come true! We'll be on standards with the Linc - opening lots that early.

Don't spread it around, but I'm starting to develop an affection for Mr. Snyder...

Holy mackeral! This is like a dream come true! We'll be on standards with the Linc - opening lots that early.

Don't spread it around, but I'm starting to develop an affection for Mr. Snyder...

Figured I'd source it.

Link

HH: Are the gates still going to open four hours before game time...or?

DAN
: I think we're going to open at 12 for the opening game. And we have some special stuff we are going to announce that we are doing in the parking lots.

Big screens in the parking lot would be insane!

We considered Andrews but didn't want to worry about going through the gate. Not that we'd be driving while intoxicated but the rent a cops at Andrews can be douchebags sometimes.

Archived