Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MSNBC: Al and Tipper done after 40 years

ABQCOWBOY

sorry to hear this news. it's difficult to see a forty year marriage that has fallen apart. it says nothing of a divorce. hopefully, they can mend what is wrong and reconcile.

To give up after 40 years, most likely there has been something wrong for sometime now.

Didn't you see the "sorry to hear that part?"

And what else in there do you find callous? You don't believe cheating was likely involved?

Or do you just believe that afer 40 years, they quit for absolutely no reason?

I don't know. I just think flippantly speculating about why people get divorsed without evidence is a bit callous.... ya old gossippy hen ;)

:ols: Child please.

I was a big proponent of Ladell Betts being as good as or better than Clinton Portis way before anyone else.

That doesn't mean I invented Betts.

Like many politicians, he got caught lying. And he admitted doing so. Nothing more.

:ols::ols::ols:

Please find the quote where Al Gore admitted to lying about creating the internet. I'm not talking about some ambiguous thing where Gore says he might have worded his sentence better, because you'll just be wasting your time. I'm talking about the quote from Gore that says, "I falsely claimed to invent the internet. I lied".

You do realize this entire thing was invented by the Republican National Committee, right? Now to give credit where credit is due, it was brilliant. Complete poppy****, but it allowed people to mock Gore for something that should have been a strength. And its great fun for right wingers to mock liberals. But I hope there aren't many people alive who are so ignorant as to actually believe it.

And its great fun for right wingers to mock liberals. But I hope there aren't many people alive who are so ignorant as to actually believe it.

I saw him on Letterman, he said "before we get started, I need to clear the air."

He then admitted to saying it, he said it was a huge mistake on his part, that he could have worded it better, but had no one to blame but himself, and that he was "very sorry and embarrassed." And that he "in no way, had anything to do with creating the internet."

Please find the quote where Al Gore admitted to lying about creating the internet. I'm not talking about some ambiguous thing where Gore says he might have worded his sentence better, because you'll just be wasting your time. I'm talking about the quote from Gore that says, "I falsely claimed to invent the internet. I lied".

You do realize this entire thing was invented by the Republican National Committee, right? Now to give credit where credit is due, it was brilliant. Complete poppy****, but it allowed people to mock Gore for something that should have been a strength. And its great fun for right wingers to mock liberals. But I hope there aren't many people alive who are so ignorant as to actually believe it.

so which rnc member is dressed up as al gore in this video?

BnFJ8cHAlco

During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system.

Still looking for the word 'invented' ...

If Al Gore hadn't lost the 2000 presidential election, perhaps this wouldn't be happening . . . blame George Bush. :ols:

But....but...he DID win the 2000 election...

I think she got sick of his ongoing search for Manbearpig.

ok, so he created the internet - or so he claims.

He took initiative in creating the internet. Taken in context with his subsequent sentence, he obviously meant it's creation was one of the initiatives he spearheaded in congress. Now maybe he was lying about THAT, but he never claimed to have invented the internet. Or even anything close.

I think we all know that, and it's fun to poke the lefties about it (just like the 'I can see Russia from my house' comment incorrectly attributed to Palin to tick off the right) but I'd hope that any of us with a semblance of intellectual honestly doesn't REALLY think he claimed to invent it.

He took initiative in creating the internet. Taken in context with his subsequent sentence, he obviously meant it's creation was one of the initiatives he spearheaded in congress. Now maybe he was lying about THAT, but he never claimed to have invented the internet. Or even anything close.

I think we all know that, and it's fun to poke the lefties about it (just like the 'I can see Russia from my house' comment incorrectly attributed to Palin to tick off the right) but I'd hope that any of us with a semblance of intellectual honestly doesn't REALLY think he claimed to invent it.

Precisely.

Mock the guy all you want, its pretty much expected out of some posters. But claiming the guy "admitted lying" about inventing the internet just marks you as somebody who can't tell fact from fiction.

i've been on the internet since 1984 and had a good seat for how it progressed over the years. no politician can make such a claim - right or left. not even i would make such a claim.

i've been on the internet since 1984 and had a good seat for how it progressed over the years. no politician can make such a claim - right or left. not even i would make such a claim.

Are you saying you didn't take the initiative for creating the internet when you were in Congress?

I didn't know you were a congressman. Were you in the Senate or the House?

I saw him on Letterman, he said "before we get started, I need to clear the air."

He then admitted to saying it, he said it was a huge mistake on his part, that he could have worded it better, but had no one to blame but himself, and that he was "very sorry and embarrassed." And that he "in no way, had anything to do with creating the internet."

So in other words, when you said he got caught lying and admitted it, you just kinda made that stuff up. Thanks for clearing the air.

That must have been some seat that you know more than Vint Cerf.

Are you saying you didn't take the initiative for creating the internet when you were in Congress?

I didn't know you were a congressman. Were you in the Senate or the House?

all i'm saying is that i would never make such a claim...i didn't say - i have never made such a claim.

Gore had very little, if anything at all, to do with the invention or even propagation of the Internet.

DOD or to be more accurate, DARPA was the driving force behind the internet and Berkley did much of the heavy lifting by creating the first real Internet Protocols. E-mail was the first real standard application using the Web. A very rudimentary form of E-mail was used by DOE to share knowledge among it's communities across the country in a collaborative effort. A sort of think tank methodology, so to speak, using electronic communications that would later become E-mail and Chat. True story.

That must have been some seat that you know more than Vint Cerf.

maybe you didn't know there was an internet in 1984, but there was indeed. it was goverment, business, and educational networks linked together.

maybe you didn't know that the internet was invented in the late 1960s linking cal tech and stanford.

maybe you didn't know there was an internet in 1984, but there was indeed. it was goverment, business, and educational networks linked together.

maybe you didn't know that the internet was invented in the late 1960s linking cal tech and stanford.

Actually I knew all of that, and I make no claims to have executive seating. It seems your knowledge might not be as special as you think.

Archived