Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MSNBC: Al and Tipper done after 40 years

ABQCOWBOY

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37450410/?GT1=43001

Al and Tipper Gore separate after 40 years

Couple calls it 'a mutual and mutually supportive decision'

Former Vice President Al Gore and his wife, Tipper, are separating after 40 years of marriage. NBC News confirmed the split Tuesday.

According to an e-mail circulated among the couple's friends and obtained by The Associated Press on Tuesday, the Gores said it was "a mutual and mutually supportive decision that we have made together following a process of long and careful consideration."

Gore spokeswoman Kalee Kreider confirmed the statement came from the Gores, but declined to comment further.

Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

Al Gore lost the 2000 presidential election to Republican George W. Bush. He has since campaigned worldwide to draw attention to climate change, which in 2007 led to a Nobel Peace Prize and an Oscar for the documentary "An Inconvenient Truth."

The Gores crafted an image as a happily married couple during his eight-year stint as vice president in the 1990s and a presidential candidate in 2000.

The couple famously exchanged a long kiss during the 2000 Democratic presidential convention.

The image of their warm relationship stood in sharp contrast to the Clinton marriage rocked by Bill Clinton's affair with White House intern Monica Lewinsky, a scandal that hung over Gore's own presidential campaign.

Al Gore at the time said his wife was "someone I've loved with my whole heart since the night of my high school senior prom."

Tipper Gore was a co-founder in 1985 of the Parents Music Resource Center, which pushed for parental warning labels on music with violent or sexually explicit lyrics.

The group drew the ire of musicians ranging from Dee Snider of Twisted Sister to Frank Zappa, who said warning labels were unnecessary and a danger to freedom.

Why would you divorce someone who invented the internet?
Since he invented the internet, does this meen she gets half?

I know right wingers like to poke fun at Al Gore but actually the man does deserve credit for promoting and spearheading what ultimately became the internet.

I supported a meeting a few years ago where Vinton Cerf (the man dubbed "the Father of the Internet") and he was introduced by somebody who made an Al Gore joke and introduced Vinton as the man who "really invented the internet".

While his talk was about what the future would hold for the internet, Vinton did decide that he needed to address the Al Gore comment made by the guy who introduced him. He went on to state that Al Gore has gotten a bum rap and that in fact he was a big proponent of the internet way before anyone else and that during government panels on the subject that it was only Al Gore who asked the question way back in 1986 whether or not Super Computers could somehow be linked.

I think rightwingers should educate themselves on the facts of Al Gore's importance regarding the development of what ultimately became the internet and stop getting their info from Faux News and the like.

I know right wingers like to poke fun at Al Gore but actually the man does deserve credit for promoting and spearheading what ultimately became the internet.

I supported a meeting a few years ago where Vinton Cerf (the man dubbed "the Father of the Internet") and he was introduced by somebody who made an Al Gore joke and introduced Vinton as the man who "really invented the internet".

While his talk was about what the future would hold for the internet, Vinton did decide that he needed to address the Al Gore comment made by the guy who introduced him. He went on to state that Al Gore has gotten a bum rap and that in fact he was a big proponent of the internet way before anyone else and that during government panels on the subject that it was only Al Gore who asked the question way back in 1986 whether or not Super Computers could somehow be linked.

I think rightwingers should educate themselves on the facts of Al Gore's importance regarding the development of what ultimately became the internet and stop getting their info from Faux News and the like.

This is correct.

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

And by the way, Sarah Palin can see Russia from her house. :D

more hypocrisy from Gore.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/12/03/AR2007120301797.html

Divorce Found to Harm The Environment With Higher Energy, Water Use

Divorce is not just a family matter. It exacts a serious toll on the environment by boosting the energy and water consumption of those who used to live together, according to a study by two Michigan State University researchers.

Sorry to hear that. Just three questions remain:

1. Who did he get caught cheating with?

2. Was it a male or female?

3. How long until the details are released?

Kinda callous.

She threw a plastic bottle in the garbage can. It was all downhill from there.

Kinda funny

Divorce is not just a family matter. It exacts a serious toll on the environment by boosting the energy and water consumption of those who used to live together, according to a study by two Michigan State University researchers.

Also kinda funny.

and that in fact he was a big proponent of the internet way before anyone else and that during government panels on the subject that it was only Al Gore who asked the question way back in 1986 whether or not Super Computers could somehow be linked.

:ols: Child please.

I was a big proponent of Ladell Betts being as good as or better than Clinton Portis way before anyone else.

That doesn't mean I invented Betts.

Like many politicians, he got caught lying. And he admitted doing so. Nothing more.

Hey don't put me in there with those right-wingers! I'm actually a liberal, but sometimes Gore just gets on my nerves.

Kinda callous.

Kinda funny

Didn't you see the "sorry to hear that part?"

And what else in there do you find callous? You don't believe cheating was likely involved?

Or do you just believe that afer 40 years, they quit for absolutely no reason?

She threw a plastic bottle in the garbage can. It was all downhill from there.
She caught him listening to a W.A.S.P cd without her permission. \mm/

:ols:

You guys beat me to it! When I read the OP my first thought was Tipper must've kept ****ing with the thermostat and Al kept playing his Megadeth records to loud in the house :D

Archived