Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs To Be On ESPN First Take Today

Mr. Sinister

Hey just wanted to give a heads up, Joe Gibbs will be on ESPN First Take today to talk about Donovan Mcnabb, and the current state of our team, along with some NASCAR. I think it will be within the hour, but nonetheless, I will provide a recap for those of you who are at work, since I have the day off. :)

I Think he is going to talk about McNabb

"My problem with Donovan was when we played against them, he hurt us," Gibbs said. "He's a big man, he scrambles out of the pocket, he's hard to get down, and when he gets out of the pocket, he makes big plays down the field."

Added Gibbs of McNabb in a Redskins uniform, "I think Philly's going to be holding their breath on this one."

:point2sky:D

I Think he is going to talk about McNabb

"My problem with Donovan was when we played against them, he hurt us," Gibbs said. "He's a big man, he scrambles out of the pocket, he's hard to get down, and when he gets out of the pocket, he makes big plays down the field."

Added Gibbs of McNabb in a Redskins uniform, "I think Philly's going to be holding their breath on this one."

Keep us posted, thanks :point2sky:D

Recap

On his grandson Taylor giving invocation before Sprint Cup Race:

It was one the proudest moments of his life, said that his grandson is a fighter, and that everyone stayed positive throughout the ordeal.

On The Redskins Getting Mike Shanahan:

It was a great move by the Skins in getting a proven Super Bowl winner like Shanny. Hated having to coach against him, very competitive guy, pays a lot of attention to detail.

On What To Expect Being The Coach Of The Redskins:

Great town, great passionate fans, winning tradition, an owner that's willing to do whatever it takes to win

On The Mcnabb Trade

Great Move by the Skins. Mcnabb was a pain in the neck to coach against. Great playmaker. Very intelligent, has a lot of leadership intangibles that will make the players around him better. Will be embraced by the fans. Philly fans are going to be holding their breaths when the season starts with Kolb at the helm.

Sporting News has this story with the headline "Joe Gibbs isn't a fan of the redskins getting McNabb" but the story does not say that at all.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Trenches/entry/view/67208/joe-gibbs-isnt-a-fan-of-redskins-getting-mcnabb

Is whoever wrote that article some kind of moron? You can clearly say that when Gibbs says "he doesn't get that" he means he doesn't get the Eagles giving the Redskins a QB. A four year old could figure that one out.

Gibbs must be promoting something because he did an interview on DC's Fox syndicate this morning. He got us the rings but I'm still kinda sore about that second stint even though it was the most success that we've had in the last ten years.

Gibbs must be promoting something because he did an interview on DC's Fox syndicate this morning. He got us the rings but I'm still kinda sore about that second stint even though it was the most success that we've had in the last ten years.

I'm kinda sore he left when he did. We'd have had a great next season if he would have stayed.

I understand his reason for leaving, but still...:saber:

Is whoever wrote that article some kind of moron? You can clearly say that when Gibbs says "he doesn't get that" he means he doesn't get the Eagles giving the Redskins a QB. A four year old could figure that one out.

Yeah, I watched the interview and at first I thought he didn't like the move because of how he said it. Put in context though it is clear that is not at all what he meant. He was saying that he didn't understand the Eagles giving him up to a division rival, especially with how talented he is. Yet another attention getting headline based on words taken out of context.

I am still very happy about the second stint. The man is a winner and a class act. He can talk about the Skins anytime in my book, and I would be more than happy to listen.

I'm kinda sore he left when he did. We'd have had a great next season if he would have stayed.

I understand his reason for leaving, but still...:saber:

Yes, don't people know that football is more important than your Grandson dying of cancer?? :doh:

I have to agree with Gibbs, Philly gave us something and someone who can totally turn this offense around, and possibly into NFC East Champions again. This is a team that could have won a Super Bowl or two in the last 5 years, if the offense could have just averaged in the mid 20's.

Now with an elite QB, defenses have to respect our passing game, and especially the deep threat, which could break our running game wide open now. We all need to remember that this is NOT a 4-12 helpless football team, this was a playoff team that even beat the world champions on the way to the 07 playoffs.

We just had a very inexperienced coach in Jim Zorn, who made us look like a 4-12 helpless football team. That coach and that team is long gone, and I have a great feeling that Mike Shanahan is about to field the best Redskins team we have seen in the last 19 years.

We have all waited long enough, it's time to own the NFC East again, and bring back to Washington another Lombardi Trophy. To hail with the naysayers and all the critics, "The Beast of the East is back baby"!!!

Archived