Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Strahan McNabb Dr Pepper Spot (merged twice and counting...)

rdlife

The recent Mike Green / Geico-caveman Zamboni crash commercials (so lame, IMO... lol) run on TV out here in California, so they must be national. However, I only see them on low-budg channels (NHL network, Versus) during hockey telecasts.

How many people in Northern California follow the Caps, much less Mike Green? It seems like a waste of money to me. We get an occasiaonal Jack In The Box commercail on those same channels in the Mid-Atlantic. I want to own a company that is so big that they don't care about where they focus their advertising dollars.

I saw that for the first time last night. The first thing I thought of was "How long has it been since a Skin has been part of national advertising?"

Chris Cooley did the "Fantasy Files" for the NFL two years ago, those weren't just local. So, not that long.

lol "Do I look fat in this?" "YES!!!" classic

good find, great thread. Brings back [good] memories.

Yeah, the Hogs Visa ad was a great commercial!!! I was even more excited to the fact it was a national commercial as it was being played here on the West Coast.

That Dicks Sports commerical aired here in New England, too. I believe it was a commerical run on a network nation-wide. The first time I saw it I couldn't believe that a current Redskin was featured in it.

That Joe T. commerical might have been for Colonial Penn, or a similar life insurance company.

How many people in Northern California follow the Caps, much less Mike Green? It seems like a waste of money to me. We get an occasiaonal Jack In The Box commercail on those same channels in the Mid-Atlantic. I want to own a company that is so big that they don't care about where they focus their advertising dollars.

It's not, though. If you're watching Hockey during the regular season, you know who Mike Green is regardless of who you root for. That's why Geico got him, and that's why that commercial airs pretty much exclusively during hockey games. Just like the Verizon one with hockey players in it.

I caught this commercial on ESPN this morning. It's pretty hilarious, and Donovan appears a burgundy robe, so I figured it had to be brand new. Sure enough, it's less than a week old. I love McNabb's reaction, it's priceless. (Mods: if this should be moved to ATN, then please do. I searched for any other posts on the topic as well, and found nothing.)

:ols: enjoy

Archived