Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

House Speaker Says Lawmakers Must 'Live the Gospels' Through Their Policies

Seabee1973

Answers to the acronyms in black below...

WWAD = What Would Allah Do?

WWBD = What Would Buddha Do?

WWMD = What Would Muhammad Do?

WWASHD = What Would A Secular Humanist Do?

WWTFSMD = What Would The Flying Spaghetti Monster Do?

Here's what I think is funny. When the GOP folks try to co-opt Christianity its a matter of moral convictions, but when Dem does it then their faith is a matter of convenience. Ya'll are ridiculous.

One thing that often goes unnoticed in political discussions is that if you are always on the opposite side of a hypocrite/flip-flopper, then there's a second conclusion that can be drawn from the data...

You could perhaps do that however, people need to remember that Conservative has many flavors. Not all Conservatives are in fact moralists, social type conservatives.

The ironic thing is here is Nancy Pelosi encouraging X religion to promote Y political Agenda (a clear violation of Amendment I of the US constitution), and yet hypocritically she ignores her Church's stance on a host of issues, most notably abortion.

Answers to the acronyms in black below...

WWAD = What Would Allah Do?

WWBD = What Would Buddha Do?

WWMD = What Would Muhammad Do?

WWASHD = What Would A Secular Humanist Do?

WWTFSMD = What Would The Flying Spaghetti Monster Do?

I got the first two and the last one and was between Mithras and Muhammad for number 3. Didn't have a clue about number 4. :)

One thing that often goes unnoticed in political discussions is that if you are always on the opposite side of a hypocrite/flip-flopper, then there's a second conclusion that can be drawn from the data...

:ols: Never thought of that before, but you are right indeed.

The ironic thing is here is Nancy Pelosi encouraging X religion to promote Y political Agenda (a clear violation of Amendment I of the US constitution), and yet hypocritically she ignores her Church's stance on a host of issues, most notably abortion.

No the ironic thing is that there are many Palin loving GOPers who would have applauded every word had Sarah said these same words...

W4KSAW9RkzY

And then when someone they don't like says it they talk about religion as convenience, all the while ignoring their church's stance on a host of issues most notably war. BTW, George Bush is a United Methodist...

http://gbgm-umc.org/global_news/full_article.cfm?articleid=1405

Are our resident Republicans claiming Religious/political purity? Do you honestly believe Jesus would have invaded Iraq? :ols:

Sure, because God told W to preemptively invade Iraq.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/bush-god-told-me-to-invade-iraq-509925.html

This who thing about the GOP co-opting the Christian vote for their own ends was the reason I left the GOP and the fact that the Dems want to try and do the same thing on the Left is the reason I'm still a registered Independent.

Mankind has been using God's name to justify our own purposes since forever. I'm amazed at His/Her patience with us.

One other observation: Nancy Pelosi is very strange. Why do the party leaders on both sides in both houses seem so weird? The folks who seem the most straightforward and who make the most sense never seem to get elected to the leadership positions.

Are our resident Republicans claiming Religious/political purity? Do you honestly believe Jesus would have invaded Iraq? :ols:

What does this have to do with Nancy telling catholic preachers to preach this stuff from thg pulpit.

What does this have to do with Nancy telling catholic preachers to preach this stuff from thg pulpit.

It doesn't really. He's just complaining that those finding fault with this found no fault when a different politician invoked God for a different purpose or sought to rally the religious right to advocate for his platform or agenda.

I find it slightly more disenguous for Pelosi to do this because I'm not used to her being so overtly religious... so the religious call to arms feels.... whereas with Bush I think that call to arms was more natural. He probably did use it inauthentically at times (he's a politician), but it was a more commonly used tool in his toolbelt.

Archived