Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official game thread: New England at Washington.

Art

First half,, started off shakey, gave up 2 TD early,, David Terrell got burned by jumping the wrong man in his zone responsibility... he absolutely stinks on defense ad really must be removed from the lineup at all costs. If I am a QB and I see any DB blitzing, I just throw it up near #31 and it's an easy score.

We allow a lot of pressure on Ramsey, almost every pass he's getting hit or getting heat. Lennie Friedman is getting abused on the interior line. Roosevelt Colvin is reading the screen pass as if he drew it up in the Redskins playbook himself.

Other than that, we've managed to establish a decent running game. Canidate has run well, he's run hard, protected the ball. He's made a few cutback runs that resulted in 10+ yards. Watson has run also very well, and Rock Cartwright converted 2 key 4th down plays with big runs.

The receivers have the drops, at least 4 I saw. Gardner dropped a first down right dead in his hands.

Coles has been wide open when they've looked for him... Ramsey got hit and made a flutter pass on one where Coles had clearly split the zone and had a good 25 yard completion if the ball had arrived. Poor protection. The one they did hit down the sidelines, Coles had his man beat by 3 or 4 steps.

Brandon Noble got hurt, knee and it looks bad, but we don't know yet. Del Cowsette I thought has played well and Reynaldo wynn has as well. Once they got into a rythym and settled down, the defense got tougher. Still needs work, though.

~Bang

Archived