Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(HUMOR)PFT: Raiders will cut Russell - Another Vet QB option?

OsaSkinsFan

Russell is one of the few guys I don't want to see get a second chance. Even the a-holes like Pacman got a little sympathy from me but Russell is a whole different breed. He didn't get caught in a bad situation where he made a mistake or hung around the wrong crowd, he didn't get a rough injury break or have trouble adapting. Russell is a case of just not caring at all. Al Davis made this guy the #1 pick and gave him over $30 million at this point and he couldn't even attempt to keep his weight in check.

He's the last to show up and the first to leave. I think he could still be a decent QB with good coaching and effort on his part, I just don't think he's willing to give that. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he just retired now that he has all that money in the bank.

I would much rather have an UDFA with little talen that will bust his ass in practice than Jamarcus Russell.

^ thats the problem. You can't teach effort. Either you give a damn, or you don't. Jamarcus doesn't give a damn. He got his money, and now shows zero initiative, and zero work ethic. Pass. I don't care if we could get him for 100k/year, I don't want him anywhere near this franchise.

You hate him because he spend his money on jewelry. Its his money let him do what he want with it.

I don't hate him, as I don't know him, but I'm pretty sure I know why others do, and I don't really blame them. And its not the money.

He was blessed with incredible abilities and talent, and doesn't give a ****. Not about his career, not about his teams' hundreds of thousands of fans (because he sure as hell no longer has any), not about anything involving what made him that money in the first place. He lives a life millions upon millions of people would kill to have, and doesn't appreciate it one bit.

He was given an incredibly rare gift and opportunity, and has shown a disgusting amount of disregard for that, and wasted it. Who gives a **** what he does with the money he practically stole. Its everything else.

Well, he does love his Momma's cooking...or maybe it's his Grand Ma's cooking. I remember an interview of him talking about when he was growing up how family kept him from eating so much because he gained weight so fast. Go ahead and sign him IF he gets released let him eat his way through a cow's ***** then put on the OL.

HAIL

I don't hate him, as I don't know him, but I'm pretty sure I know why others do, and I don't really blame them. And its not the money.

He was blessed with incredible abilities and talent, and doesn't give a ****. Not about his career, not about his teams' hundreds of thousands of fans (because he sure as hell no longer has any), not about anything involving what made him that money in the first place. He lives a life millions upon millions of people would kill to have, and doesn't appreciate it one bit.

He was given an incredibly rare gift and opportunity, and has shown a disgusting amount of disregard for that, and wasted it. Who gives a **** what he does with the money he practically stole. Its everything else.

I feel you and he will get cut as a result, but he still has great talent and doesn't seem to be a team cancer. He's at a crossroads in his career and he needs to make the best decision for his career. If he really doesn't want to play, he has enough money to retire. If he does want to play, I don't think there's a better situation in the entire league.

1. An excellent QB coaching structure with Mike S., Kyle S., and LaFleur

2. Excellent mentor in McNabb who will show him what it takes to be an NFL QB

3. He would have time to buy into the new culture before hitting the field

4. Former teammates in Landry and DHall to help buy in

5. Mike Williams to support him in weight loss

Give him an incentive laden contract with workout and weight bonuses. Let him know that he's already made his money, and now is his chance to be a winner. He is definitely an elite talent if he's willing to put in the work. Bring him on board and pull the plug if he doesn't cut it.

Sad part is, ESPN Rumors is actually reporting us as a team that would be interested...

"Update: In the Tuesday addendum to his Monday Morning QB column this week, Peter King of Sports Illustrated speculated on where JaMarcus Russell might land (look out below!) if the Oakland Raiders do, in fact, cut him loose. A reader suggested the Washington Redskins (maybe to play on the O-line, as Rick Maese suggested), but King mentioned the Philadelphia Eagles. Given Russell's struggles at the professional level, it's hard to get a read on what team would be the best fit at this point.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

Now thats not funny.....unless the Eagles pick him up, I'd fall over laughing....

Archived