Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dennis Morris a TE (likely drafted at FB) in the 6th? (merged)

Drexen Del'Sangre

So, a guy who led the nation last year with 12 TDs as a tight end, with very solid man-on-man blocking skills, who projects as a fullback, and is now drafted by a guy who likes to utilize his fullbacks as offensive mismatches.

I'm failing to really see the big problem here.

Watch his highlights

He is a blocking machine according to the highlight vid. Welcome to Washington Dennis Morris.

EDIT: It's a great video, even has our boy spotlighted, splits down into blocking, receiving etc, good soundtrack the works.

How fast is he, could he be a big WR. It looks like he can catch.

He's 255lbs. That's a pretty big WR.

What about a 3rd TE? One that can also play FB and Special Teams? Sounds like a horrible idea having a player that could possibly play three positions for us.

Depth and versatility? Lame, dude. This is the Redskins, come on.

Sellers is going to be 35 years old and he carries a big cap number for a fullback.

If his performance declines or he gets hurt, the team didn't have anyone to step up and play the position.

So, they drafted Morris.

You never want to be in the position the Redskins were in 2007 when they traded #3 and #4 picks during the season to the Jets for 34 year old guard Pete Kendall because there was no depth to cover injuries.

Sellers has also in my view gotten complacent. He's lost his edge, and his skills are in decline anyway. I wouldn't mind Morris beating him outright and Sellers being released.

The pick makes perfect sense for us. What I ask as a fan is that the FO has a clear, well-defined (detailed), and consistent plan that drives choices that make sense to their scheme from top to bottom. The hopeful part is that it is also a successful plan. That's what we have received so far in my analysis.

In the past we have had much vagueness and diffusion, and downright willy-nilly activity, manifest at different times involving many aspects of every season, including the draft.

In the gambling aspect of the matter, how the players selected on even intelligent well-identified criteria actually end up performing is often as much a dice roll as skilled card playing.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/nfl-draft/shanahan-tells-morris-hell-be.html

Shanahan tells Morris he'll be used at fullback and H-back as well

If you heard about the Redskins' sixth-round pick of Dennis Morris and wondered why the team needed another tight end, you probably weren't alone. But we can provide a bit more clarification.

Morris, a Louisiana Tech product, said on a conference call with reporters this afternoon that Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan told him he can expect to line up as a tight end, fullback and H-back.

Didn't see this posted in the thread yet. Hopefully this will calm down those that doubt this pick.

Sellers has also in my view gotten complacent. He's lost his edge, and his skills are in decline anyway. I wouldn't mind Morris beating him outright and Sellers being released.

I think that Sellers' time donning the burgundy and gold is nearing the end (at leastI hope so:evilg:). This Morris kid is :laugh:.

I really wish some of you clowns would stop pre-ejaculating and calling every pick that this front office makes that you don't understand dumb. Some of you act like Shanahan has done nothing in this league. No the man is not a perfect talent evaluator but who is. The guy knows football and he's proved it. Try doing your own research to help you understand why they might have made a certain move. Good grief. As you can see this guy is a mauler and what team doesn't need those kind of guys.

I think that Sellers' time donning the burgundy and gold is nearing the end.

I really think this is what this move is all about. Sellers was terrible last year, he gets paid more than a fullback should, and he's older than the vast majority of players in the NFL.

the latter video will tell you that he has starting Fullback potential written all over him

Jesus Christmas that is a helluva display of nasty blocking in your second link....me likey....he looks to be great and driver away a LB and creating that one cutback and go lane that Shanny's RB system employs. Tight pick.

Archived