Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanahan on NFL network-"Haynesworth will not be traded"

aREDSKIN

bulldog's been grasping at these Haynesworth trade rumors for awhile now.

If TK, Schefter, and Shahanan himself are all saying in different formats that he's not being moved, he's not being moved. Especially at this point, with the 3rd round almost done with. Unless it's something insane like a quick 3rd rounder here with a 1st next year.

well, perhaps some of you want to see Haynesworth back in 2010. I think he is a net minus for this club when all factors are considered.

hey, if Shanahan thinks he can put up with Haynesworth's crap and move on as Bill Parcells ended up doing with Terrell Owens in Dallas, God bless him.

But it only makes things more difficult.

And as I recall that one player, Terrell Owens, in his prime was not enough of a difference maker on a 53 man roster to get Dallas to a title game.

My guess is Haynesworth will never drink champagne either in the NFL, he simply doesn't want to make the sacrifices and do the work.

And like Owens there will be 'issues' that come up during the season which only end up as distractions from winning.

I like that we are keeping all our guys and next year's picks so far. I figured that would be the case all along, but it is good to actually see it happen.

I think JC and Rex will be 2 and 3 on the QB depth next season. Colt will be gone.

And I have always wanted to keep AH, Rocky, and Carter to see how they do in this new regime.

It sucks looking at all these prospects that we could have been having our pick of, but in the end, I am glad that as of now we havent gotten rid of guys just to get a garbage pick, or mortgaged the future (aside from next year's 3rd for McNabb) for the same.

Just take our lumps, suck it up in this draft, and have close to a full slate of picks next year.

We can not trade AH at all! We had a good D last year and that was with our DB's playing 15 yards off the line of scrimmage. Now with a new system in and hopefully better system. lets give AH a chance to line up and go after the QB when he has to hold the ball more than 2 or 3 seconds. Can not wait for the 4th round!!!

I like that we are keeping all our guys and next year's picks so far. I figured that would be the case all along, but it is good to actually see it happen.

I think JC and Rex will be 2 and 3 on the QB depth next season. Colt will be gone.

And I have always wanted to keep AH, Rocky, and Carter to see how they do in this new regime.

It sucks looking at all these prospects that we could have been having our pick of, but in the end, I am glad that as of now we havent gotten rid of guys just to get a garbage pick, or mortgaged the future (aside from next year's 3rd for McNabb) for the same.

Just take our lumps, suck it up in this draft, and have close to a full slate of picks next year.

I would have liked to have dealt Campbell. We really dont need him and Grossman. I'm glad it looks like we are keeping Albert and Rocky though.

it is really kind of sad to be sitting here waiting during what is evidently the deepest draft in some time. it also says a hell of a lot about our team that no one is at all interested in giving up draft picks for any of our players.....

A couple of years from now we will hopefully have an organization full of players that demand respect and other teams covet. By then, Haynesworth will be starring on the celebrity version of biggest loser...

it is really kind of sad to be sitting here waiting during what is evidently the deepest draft in some time. it also says a hell of a lot about our team that no one is at all interested in giving up draft picks for any of our players.....

A couple of years from now we will hopefully have an organization full of players that demand respect and other teams covet. By then, Haynesworth will be starring on the celebrity version of biggest loser...

So you think it is wise to trade the best interior defensive lineman in the league at a terrible value and get a 3rd rounder? We could get a 3rd round pick in a "very deep" draft in exchange for one of the best players in football, even when he is out of shape and lacking motivation. Come on.

By the way every draft that I can remember is the "deepest draft ever" while it is going on. Next years draft will be the deepest draft ever too.

So you think it is wise to trade the best interior defensive lineman in the league at a terrible value and get a 3rd rounder? We could get a 3rd round pick in a "very deep" draft in exchange for one of the best players in football, even when he is out of shape and lacking motivation. Come on.

By the way every draft that I can remember is the "deepest draft ever" while it is going on. Next years draft will be the deepest draft ever too.

Nah, everyone was crapping on last year's draft class. I remember people saying it was one of the worst in a long long time. But you are right about most every other year.

Not true. Last year's draft was very top heavy.

You guys can say whatever you like about Haynesworth's skills, but you are talking about Haynesworth the Tennessee Titan, fighting for a big contract. THIS Haynesworth is fat, out of shape, lazy, spoilt, and in decline. THIS Haynesworth went to DannyBoy's office once a week to complain about his fellow players and coaches. THIS Haynesworth cashes a 21million dollar paycheck and then makes it clear he has no intention of playing for the Redskins this year.

You people are out of your mind to want him on the Redskins. Out of your minds.

we just have a difference of opinion.

some of you guys look at Haynesworth as a cornerstone for winning a championship, I look at him as a guy that is as likely to be a Dana Stubblefield or Dan Wilkinson here long-term.

here is a player that came to camp out of shape last year, played 12 games - missing two with a strained gluteus muscle (ass cheek!) - and whose lasting image was lying on the field needing oxygen in the Silverdome.

to me this team can win as many games in 2010 without him.

and as far as being in Washington my guess is that there will be a divorce.

I don't see Haynesworth and Shanahan working this out over a period of 2 or 3 years.

Well, except for that 3rd or 4th we'll be giving to the Eagles next year depending on his performance this year.

Next year's draft isn't going to be very strong compared to this one. IMO, the biggest impact will be made in next years' crazy free agent market, provided they sort out the labor issues.

Ideally, I would have preferred as many picks as possible in this draft.

2008: 24 total sacks (Andre Carter led the team with 4.0, Demetric Evans and Jason Taylor had 3.5)

2009: 40 total sacks (Andre Carter and Brian Orakpo both had 11.0, six other players had at least 2.0)

And we want to get rid of this guy why exactly? He's the most dominant player in the league at his position. Who cares if he doesn't show up for the voluntary workouts if he continues to improve our team like he did last year?

2008: 24 total sacks (Andre Carter led the team with 4.0, Demetric Evans and Jason Taylor had 3.5)

2009: 40 total sacks (Andre Carter and Brian Orakpo both had 11.0, six other players had at least 2.0)

And we want to get rid of this guy why exactly? He's the most dominant player in the league at his position. Who cares if he doesn't show up for the voluntary workouts if he continues to improve our team like he did last year?

AC did have 10.5 in 07 with out AH.....AC can get it done with out AH but i'm in the camp of keeping both....In 06 playing the 3-4 he had 4.5 i dunno if they used him right or what but i think that in the 3-4 here he would do a lot less dropping back and more rushing the passer. I do remember him saying that San Fan had him doing more coverage then rushing.

I agree fully, we're not talking about a guy like JC here, we're talking about not just a top of the line DT but arguably among the best defensive players in all of football.

What I don't understand about this whole thing is it seems like it stems from not showing up to voluntary workouts. So correct me if I'm wrong but isn't voluntary the key word here.

If it's a mandatory workout and he's not showing up that's one thing but voluntary is different.

I'm not one who liked the AH signing when we got him. I'll admit I was dead set against him but he won me over with his play. It's pretty clear how dominant he is when he's on the field. and it's pretty clear what he means to our defense so if the attitude gets in the way a little bit I can accept it to some degree.

If he starts acting like TO and doing all that nonsense then yes let's ship him out of town right away but all the things he said and did with zorn were legit in my mind the way that clown was running things so with shanny in place if the only big issue here is a voluntary workout then I say forget it, keep big al here and let him work at either NT or DE and see how good he can be in the 3/4 scheme.

If next year he's a disaster then I'd rather take the chances of cutting him and getting no value than dumping him for a 3rd round pick this year.

Keep Haynesworth. The new regime is looking good so far and I've been critical of the lack of moves in F/a but getting McNabb, drafting Williams, keep it going and by all means let's keep al here

This is what I don't get. People calling him fat and lazy. Add to that, someone showed the stat yesterday that the average starting DT in the NFL plays 70% of the snaps. AH, while missing a few games played 77% while making the rest of the Dline better.

Why wasn't this big a deal made about Ray Lewis, Ed Reed Shockey, etc when they worked out on their own? Were they fat and lazy too?

Archived