Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanahan on NFL network-"Haynesworth will not be traded"

aREDSKIN

This is what I don't get. People calling him fat and lazy. Add to that, someone showed the stat yesterday that the average starting DT in the NFL plays 70% of the snaps. AH, while missing a few games played 77% while making the rest of the Dline better.

Why wasn't this big a deal made about Ray Lewis, Ed Reed Shockey, etc when they worked out on their own? Were they fat and lazy too?

I dont care if all the players train away from redskins park just as long when the mini camp starts you show up in shape and hungry to ball...Also on another note with a new HC and DC new system being installed on D that AH has said that he know nothing about the 3-4 you would think that he should make the effort....There is no reason his personal trainer can not make the trip with him....

I can't believe we ever considered giving up one of the best defensive players in the NFL for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Who cares if he misses some offseason workouts. I don't care what kind of defense we run, they will allow him to do what he does, cause disruptions.

I've also noticed that Jason La Cant Get Anything Right is still at it on a national level. The skins will take Berry at #4, Haynesworth will be traded for a 2nd or 3rd. The NFLN needs to cut some dead weight.

I can understand some people wanting to just dump Big All because of the potential headaches and disruption he may cause but look at things from his POV.

He came here last year under the old rules where he was the $100 mil man, got to run to TheDan whenever he wanted, buffaloed Zorn & Co. and basically got away with acting like a spoiled kid. Now, things have changed, things have changed radically! New GM, new coach with a rep for demanding discipline, a whole new atmosphere of no BS and expectations that everyone will have to work for that paycheck. While this will be better for everyone concerned- the team, the FO, the fans, everyone- it requires some attitude adjustment to accept that. Haynesworth, in spite of the big money, didn't have the success or attention that he wanted last year, and in spite of his impact on play of the defensive front, he has heard a lot of crap in the media and right here about the way he performed.

He is the type of player that made it so critical that we get Shanny&Co.'s kind of "STFU and play" regime here, and once he gets the opportunity to adjust to it he just might understand that this is the way that things improve, his stats, team success, the record this season, media attention, all those things that mere money in the bank doesn't give you.

When he plays up to his ability he is a dominant force on the D line. It is the coaching staff's job to make that happen. Anything else is incidental. I honestly expect a whole different look on his face by Halloween.

Archived