Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

-The T.O. Poll-

Jethrodsp

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The poll results would be a lot different if/when Washington does sign T.O.

I wish there was a poll for wanting McNabb as the Redskins QB before there was anything out there that he was on the block.

Would have like to have seen the results of that one then and now.

I actually don't dislike Owens, I think he's kind of grown up and he's still got football in him, he takes great care of himself and Buffalo isn't the most receiver-friendly team in the league, otherwise Lee Evans would be a household name, in my opinion.

But still, no, I think the competence of our wide receivers and tight ends will be enough for us this year.

I wish there was a poll for wanting McNabb as the Redskins QB before there was anything out there that he was on the block.

When is that not the case? Once something happens people are forced to adapt to the situation. If you turn in your fan card when the team does something that you don't like, you're either not a fan or a Cowboys fan. :evilg: Kidding.

Do I want the Skins to sign T.O.? No, not really, but I also think there are only a handful of coaches that can contain his me-first drama, and Shanny is one of them. Could he be productive? Yes, I think so. The real question would be, does anyone on the current roster want him, and would T.O. put the team first?

I'm a fan of the "three strikes and you're out" philosophy, especially when dealing with one's character, both on and off the field. Isn't he around strike 7 or 8 now?

That's the main reason I'd say no. I know he can still be productive, but Dallas was his last chance to prove he could be a team player and not a cancer.

I have no respect for anyone, let alone a million dollar athlete, that can't check their emotions at the door when they get to work for the sake of continuity and productivity.

People at McDonald's do this for minimum wage everyday.

I would have liked to see the reactions from fans in general if Vinny was still running the show.

Pretty much every move we've made this offseason would be, "Welp, Snyderatto is at it again!"

EDIT: And for the record, I'm all about me some T.O in D.C

I doubt if the Redskins aquire Terrell Owens. For one, his age. He's 37 years old. He has negative history with McNabb. While Owens is potentially very productive and would absolutely contribute to the betterment of the offense, it's too much of a risk to sign him. I agree with Mike Shanahan. We don't need T.O.

I voted yes.

Post Phily, and post Dallas I was against the signing. He was still acting like a twerp and I didn't feel like dealing with him. I think a year in no man's land has humbled him a bit. His stats weren't amazing but he was also playing with revolving trash at the QB position. Not only was the talent poor but there was no chemistry due to all the changes. Their offensive line also rivaled ours in suckiness and thus lead to less deep passes.

He still put up decent numbers.

He isn't the big play, take over a game type WR anymore but he is productive. He would be a good possession guy opposite of Santana while we continue to ease Thomas/Kelly or even Mitchell into the lineup.

If Shanahan (either one) has seen something on film from Thomas/Kelly/Mitchell to lead them to believe they are ready to be big time players or that the playing time they get this year will make them become that then obviously my opinion changes. As of now I think we have some slow developing WR's with a lot of potential but little productivity. No one works harder than Terrel Owens (or talks more) and he could actually be a great influence on our younger WR's. The fact that he is aging and will be fighting for playing time is likely to make him work that much harder. That kind of work ethic rubs off.

turkishguy, echo everything you say about character when playing here. There's a lot of history playing for the skins and I can't think of too many "Me first" players like T.O. that have played here. I don't know, you can't ever totally give up on someone, like someone else said...I'm sure he was humbled a bit in Buffalo so maybe he'll work his ass off for one last stint.

If he does show up I doubt he'll be able to wear a HOF jersey number. Don't they usually retire them?

I said "no," but at the same time, I also know that TO tends to give any employer one good season before commencing to tear the team apart from the inside. And it sure as hell looks to me as if Shanny & Co. are taking a win-now approach.

I wouldn't be shocked if TO ends up here. But I don't want him.

Archived