Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Twitter : Eagles get Sims from Lions!

Number5

Per Adam Schefter Eagles get Sims as part of a three way trade

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Three way trade -- Eagles get LB Ernie Sims, Lions get TE Tony Scheffler, Broncos get undisclosed draft pick.

4 minutes ago via web

Thoughts!

Thats pretty crazy. Seems like an awful big luxury (for Det) to trade a good MLB for 2nd TE so that the 1st round TE you drafted last year can have more time to rehab knee.

If the pick is 4th or later, pretty good deal IMO for yall.

Great move for the Eagles.

Why would the Lions want another pass catching TE to go with Pettigrew? It's not like D-town has a plethora of solid defenders.

Lions may be counting on getting McLain in the second or Spikes at some point in the draft.

Great move for the Eagles.

Why would the Lions want another pass catching TE to go with Pettigrew? It's not like D-town has a plethora of solid defenders.

Lions may be counting on getting McLain in the second or Spikes at some point in the draft.

Pettigrew/Sheffler gives them a Davis/Cooley like situation...I don't really get this move for the Lions.

I think McClain is looking at top 15. Spikes in the 2nd-3rd makes sense.

and why the hell does detroit want another tight end? they used a first rounder on one last year and now theyre trading for one? are they trying to emulate the ever feared jim zorn DOUBLE tight end set??

The popular media spin is that this will allow Pettigrew to take his time recovering from his knee injury.

But again, trading a smart young LB who had simply fallen out of favor with Schwatz for a 2nd TE seems awful luxurious for a team that won 2 games last season.

But the ultimate loser is Denver. I guess McDaniels has to prove that he can do everything from scratch.

Archived