Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade Idea? McNabb and #4 to Rams for Bradford.

rumplestilskin

McNabb and #4 overall to Rams for Bradford? I heard this idea on Sirius today and thought it is a valid point that could involve some debate on this board. I am not crazy about the Mcnabb acquisition myself because I have always thought that Mcnabb is overrated and has many over-inflated man crushes on him throughout the league as far as it pertains to his peers and so called experts in the media. One fan called in and said he hopes Cooley has hands on his ankles because thats where the ball will be thrown. I had to laugh because it has some truth to it. However Donovan does have the all important stat that matters in the NFL and that is WINS. Do we go with the old and stick with Mcnabb and try to win now or do we go with the new and draft Bradford who might end up being our Peyton Manning for 12 years?

Not a Chance there already negotating the new contract. More than likely Sam Bradford will be getting hurt on someone elses dime not ours.People may think im cold in saying that but ive gotten nothing but a David carr Vibe from that kid for a long while now.

Oh God. Stop with this stupidity :beatdeadhorse::beatdeadhorse::beatdeadhorse:

Trade our 1st, 2nd, 4th next year, and McNabb to move up 3 spots?

Are you feeling OK?

The Giants did more than that for Eli plus thats not as bad as some senarios being discussed two days ago that were offering our 1st and 3rd this year, 1st next year and JC for the #1 overall. That is mad.

Never said it was. Two days ago people were saying Mcnabb traded within the division was crazy and would never happen and it did. Anything is possible with Shanny.

He will have a contract extension within a number of days. As TK said, it was initially part of a larger trade that didn't materialize.

Nothing more to say other than he's staying.

He will have a contract extension within a number of days. As TK said, it was initially part of a larger trade that didn't materialize.

Nothing more to say other than he's staying.

OK. So he was being shopped in a larger trade that fell through which means that the first choice was not having him here? Because if thats what TK means with his message that could also mean that Shanny covets Bradford and will try other senarios to get him. I have my doubts also but I wouldn't be surprised either.

WE'RE NOT TRADING MCNABB!!!

Jeezus. Sometimes I wonder why I even read this board anymore.

Hey man dont shoot the messenger. It was one of the hosts on Sirius that said it could happen. The feedback of why or why not would be more conducive to the point than simply stating its not happening. Thats most likely true but use your imagination and step outside the box a little.

OK. So he was being shopped in a larger trade that fell through which means that the first choice was not having him here? Because if thats what TK means with his message that could also mean that Shanny covets Bradford and will try other senarios to get him. I have my doubts also but I wouldn't be surprised either.

The cost for Bradford was too steep in pure draft picks. Then apparently McNabb was going to be part of a trade that included moving up to #1 and StL taking McNabb. That never came to pass.

So, with no way to get to Bradford due to StL's desire to draft him and/or the amount of compensation desired, Shanny has settled with keeping McNabb.

It's not that hard; we never had the ammo to move up to #1, and now have less with Philly having the teams 2nd round selection.

Do not trade up for Bradford. If you're looking for a QB I think Clausen will be better, because he plays in a pro style offense, he had no major injuries. Last but not least he put up big numbers playing for an average team at best, while Bradford was surrounded by talented teammates.

I've accepted the fact the Donovan is going to be the Skins QB, and I'm actually getting kind of excited thinking about the possibilities. The trading up to 1# for Bradford scenario's been talked about already, and if they did do that,....I'd be upset. Giving away that many picks and a proven QB for an unproven guy coming out of college,....not good.

Archived