Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So, who's kicking and who's returning in '10?

BurgundyBooger

How do you NOT see the sarcasm in that guy's post?? I think that pic you posted applies more to you for not seeing the humor, and needing to ask if it was a joke post.

When it comes to a new member one with under 50 posts who knows if they are serious or joking.

When it comes to a new member one with under 50 posts who knows if they are serious or joking.

True enough, sometimes. I just think that one's very obviously joking. How could what he described be seen as a positive thing that you'd want on your team? He's talking about dancing for ten yards sideways and falling forward for a yard. He's obviously making fun of ARE.

idk, little common sense goes a long way, you even went as far as posting a pic....

Back on topic. I think we are set with Gano and I would like to see DT running back kicks, as far as punt returns, I guess we need to do it by committee durring the preseason.

Punter and kicker I think we're set with Smith and Gano. I think it's still too early to tell who will end up returning but Thomas and Alridge are possible candidates.

Agreed on all those points. The only changes I could see to those would be if Smith signs somewhere else, as he's a FA, or if we draft someone like Best somehow.

:ols: Your sarcasm detector needs some serious repair.

You and ConnSkins are jaded if you don't think that dude was serious. Killspadee and myself must be the only 'sane' ones here, who do not need sarcasm meters repaired.

:ols:

:sarcasm:

BTW, I second bringing back ARE to run in circles and then fall down. For comedy value, you cannot beat it.

drshockalu is a genius

Gano did nothing to secure the job or even justify confidence in him. He was 2 for 2 on field goals and missed an extra point. Hardly anything to hang your hat on. Jeff Chandler in 04 and Shaun Suisham in 06 did far far far better as season ending kickers than Gano did. Our kicking situation is once again in flux.

As for returns, who cares? Whomever we put back there can't be worse than the dynamic duo of Randle-El and Cartwright.

Gano did nothing to secure the job or even justify confidence in him. He was 2 for 2 on field goals and missed an extra point. Hardly anything to hang your hat on.

Was that all? I seem to remember him hitting a couple more FG's.

Either way, I recall him being very accurate. I couldn't see any push or hook in his direction. I DID however see his ball flight as pretty shallow. I am skeptical of the low ball flight, as all it takes is one block before the kicker will try to change his motion, and we all know how fragile the minds of these guys are. They rarely are successful at changing things..

i really hope the coaches see Gano's potential.. i was amazed at the breath of fresh air he brought to the kicking game at the end of last year. he hit both of his 40+ yard field goals and was crushing kickoffs, both things we have not seen with consistency in redskin land for some time.

it would be really nice for the skins to get jahvid best. he could return punts, kicks, and spell portis/johnson. we definitely have needs at those positions. unfortunately, i dont think that need trumps OL or QB, which will most likely be our top 2 picks. i guess we can use aldrige and devin thomas.

Archived