Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has anyone ever bought meat from capital meats?

paredskinsfan

Apparently you have no idea what your talking about saying it's junk meat, I consider myself somewhat of a steak connoisseur and this was by no means junk meat, of course I have only tried the fillet and you have obviously not. Again, I was just curious as to what people that have actually tried this type of steak thought about it. I will pass further judgment as I try the other cuts but my first impression was a good one.

Uhh I have been suckered into in my life which is why I know the answer. :ols::ols::ols:

You got suckered with garbage meat. It's no secret and it's available via google. Don't fight reality. :ols::ols::ols:

Just an FYI...

Even if you see a nice stamp of approval "from" the USDA saying "Choice", "Grade A" and "No Hormones" in particular DO NOT BELIEVE this for a second. But don't take my word for it...

Go on YouTube and watch some "Slaughter House" stories for yourself. Check out what some of the cows look like "just before" they are slaughtered and stamped with "Choice", etc.

PS. About 10 yrs ago my cousin took the same type of deal as the OP...but the guy selling to him was willing to "throw in" the freezer in the back of his van just to close the deal...not exactly sure how this guy continued to do business after that.

If you like the deal, and you're happy with the quality and taste of the meat, then you didn't get scammed or taken advantage of.

I've had some pushy salesman from Omaha Meats or something come by the house, but that's about it.

~Bang

They were notorious for operating without a business license in the town I worked in as a police officer. They did it habitually, and deliberately, and would try to flee when we found them doing so.

I wouldn't ever consider buying anything from them.

• 6 months later...

Capitol meats sucks.

I bought eight filets. The guy wanted $75, but $50 was the most I was willing to pay, and it was not a good purchase. The meat is discolored as if it was old. That doesn't bother me since I know it's oxygen that causes it, but it's not appealing. The steaks weren't even choice grade. I don't even know if they were select grade. Toughest filet I've ever had. The taste was okay, but nothing to write home about. Chewy as hell.

Avoid them.

Had one of the by today(different company)

Salesman: I got a great deal on some steaks

Me: not interested

Salesman: You don't got the money or don't like steak?

Me: It don't matter

Salesman: uh uh

:ols:

I used to work for them. HAHA, I still wait for one of the groups to swing by my house so I can up-end their pitch. As a treat I will detail my one week of employment with them below.

I was suckered in under the idea of how much money could be made, $80,000+ a year, I was 18 or 19 at the time. Little did I know this was all comisson and no salary. So I bit. I showed up and would be driving for a salesmen until I was ready to go out and make my fortune. I saw the trucks which then consisted of a fleet of nissan pick ups with box freezers in the back and one or two legit freezer trucks. The deal was you pick up your meat from the freezer in the warehouse and basically you are indebted that cost to the company until you bring either the meat back or the cost from your sales back. In order to make money you had to jack up the price past the cost and the difference was your profit/ paycheck. I would be working at the mercy of the salesmen while I was training and they pay me. This was usually buying lunchand I didn't figure that out until Wednesday. I heard some crazy and daring sales pitches such as " Cap. Meats is a supplier to Applebee's" (and the like, and had left over meat to sell after a delivery to the restaurant), "you can't beat my meat", people would say,"I dont have the room for the meat" and the usual reply was " If you can fit a loaf of bread I can fit this meat". I was with a sales girl and we went to West Virginia to sell, she sold "the freezer" to a minister and his family. Selling the freezer is when you sell alll the meat in the freezer and hrow the freezer in for free. Whats worse though is the freezer connection to the truck was not working so the meat was defrosting and in the ministers family room, she was cleaning the frost off of this meat and showing him. I know darn well that this stuff wasn't frozen anymore and her teary eye'd pity plea sales pitch worked! The week had many stories to share and this is a small excerpt. I am happy to have quit that job before a full week, it was surely not for me.

Archived