Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has anyone ever bought meat from capital meats?

paredskinsfan

I had a guy from Capital Meats come to the dealership I work at and told me that he was finished up his deliveries for the day and wanted to unload the meat he had left on his truck. I was of course very skeptical at first. he showed me the boxes of steaks and seafood. This is all vacuum sealed and dated for freshness with a USDA stamp and it was PRIME cut meat with NO hormones or steroids from the Midwest, he said Colorado and Iowa.

So I bite, he shows me a pamphlet with the prices and it was way too expensive. Then he says, "That is what you would buy it for online on our website, however I need to get rid of what I have left today. I bought 1 case of beef which had in it 55 steaks, T-bones, Fillets, Delmonico's, Strips, etc. I also purchased the seafood...65 portions, Gulf shrimp, Talapia, Snow Crab legs, almond crusted salmon etc.

I cooked 2 Fillets and some gulf shrimp tonight for dinner and it was OUTSTANDING, better than any steakhouse I have been to in quite sometime, I paid 298.00 for all of this, I was wondering if anyone else has ever dealt with these people and what their experience was.

Yeah, man sounds like a scam, but seems like you made out ok.

I was just talking about this today, there are these dudes in my city that drive around trying to get people (guys in there 20's i suppose because I have been stopped about 5 times) trying to sell off stereo equipment, same exact scenerio. Some blah blah about how their client refused to pay and they will let the speakers go for about 1k ...vs about 3k so there boss doesn't get pissed.

I looked them up the speakers aren't horrible but probably worth about 500.

I bought 1 case of beef which had in it 55 steaks, T-bones, Fillets, Delmonico's, Strips, etc. I also purchased the seafood...65 portions, Gulf shrimp, Talapia, Snow Crab legs, almond crusted salmon etc.

I paid 298.00 for all of this,

Basically you got 120 "portions" of meat for $300... I'm not sure how big the portions are but I would definitely go for that deal 6 days out of the week, decent meat or awesome...

Yeah, man sounds like a scam, but seems like you made out ok.

I was just talking about this today, there are these dudes in my city that drive around trying to get people (guys in there 20's i suppose because I have been stopped about 5 times) trying to sell off stereo equipment, same exact scenerio. Some blah blah about how their client refused to pay and they will let the speakers go for about 1k ...vs about 3k so there boss doesn't get pissed.

I looked them up the speakers aren't horrible but probably worth about 500.

Hahahaha that weaved into my meat guy conversation. The speaker guy.

Yeah his boss will be pissed. :ols::ols::ols::ols::ols:

uhhh you got scammed.

Sorry but this is the oldest scam in the books. Amusing because I talked about it at work today.

It's not a ripoff but its no deal. Its the way they market their product.

It tasted great and if paying 3 dollars and some change for each Steak is a scam then I guess I got taken...:silly: I spend about 100 bucks a month on meat at the store and pay about 7 or 8 bucks for a strip when it's on sale, so I figured these steaks would last about 4-5 months for 150 dollars....it was the taste I was worried about at first.

Edit: Not to mention he said when I needed more he would deliver it to my house for free and I would stay at the same price of 298.00 for ever, also I don't have to get beef and seafood, I can switch it up and get 2 cases of beef or 1 of beef and 1 of chicken, mix and match any way I like for the same price. They have a website, capitalmeats.com

It tasted great and if paying 3 dollars and some change for each Steak is a scam then I guess I got taken...:silly: I spend about 100 bucks a month on meat at the store and pay about 7 or 8 bucks for a strip when it's on sale, so I figured these steaks would last about 4-5 months for 150 dollars....it was the taste I was worried about at first.

Edit: Not to mention he said when I needed more he would deliver it to my house for free and I would stay at the same price of 298.00 for ever, also I don't have to get beef and seafood, I can switch it up and get 2 cases of beef or 1 of beef and 1 of chicken, mix and match any way I like for the same price. They have a website, capitalmeats.com

Dude if you think you got a deal thats all that matters.

Everyone gets that "deal".

Dude if you think you got a deal thats all that matters.

Everyone gets that "deal".

I was just wondering if anyone else had bought food from these people, it definitely seems shady but I am happy I made the investment after tasting the product tonight, Of course you are right about the same deal...he told me to keep this price in house and not tell anyone how much I paid :ols:

Hahahaha that weaved into my meat guy conversation. The speaker guy.

Yeah his boss will be pissed. :ols::ols::ols::ols::ols:

Don't forget the "artwork guy" ....we were doing some decorating in the office down the hall and had this artwork left over...my boss said we can let it go really cheap....

I was just wondering if anyone else had bought food from these people, it definitely seems shady but I am happy I made the investment after tasting the product tonight, Of course you are right about the same deal...he told me to keep this price in house and not tell anyone how much I paid :ols:

Dude it's junk meat and most people get the "pitch" at their home. I love the pitch. :ols::ols::ols:

But if you think it's a deal IT IS. :ols:

As long as you are happy with your meat...

It more of a marketing scam than "junk meat" scam.

Did he happen to mention how you can jump on board selling meat?

Wait, is that why you're here lol.

ok...enough ball bustin...I have never tried it so I will reserve judgment...enjoy your meat!

i do find it funny though that anyone would trust buying meat out of a freezer in the back of a pickup truck....even if they were legit i'd be more concerned about mad cow and e coli than a "good deal"

Dude it's junk meat and most people get the "pitch" at their home. I love the pitch. :ols::ols::ols:

But if you think it's a deal IT IS. :ols:

Apparently you have no idea what your talking about saying it's junk meat, I consider myself somewhat of a steak connoisseur and this was by no means junk meat, of course I have only tried the fillet and you have obviously not. Again, I was just curious as to what people that have actually tried this type of steak thought about it. I will pass further judgment as I try the other cuts but my first impression was a good one.

How are you doing today sir? My name is Lenny, and I work for Capital Meats. I came to deliver a big order to your neighbor, Mrs. Smith, and she is not home.

Once we take the meat out of the deep freezer, we cant put it back in.

Had those same guys in the neighborhood last week.

Had a guy work for me, who used to run that scam. He told me all about it.

Have you even seen the meat? It looks nasty.

You could have probably got it for $100.

You want a deal?

Next summer, look for the guys selling flats of Strawberrys for $5.

How are you doing today sir? My name is Lenny, and I work for Capital Meats. I came to deliver a big order to your neighbor, Mrs. Smith, and she is not home.

Once we take the meat out of the deep freezer, we cant put it back in.

Had those same guys in the neighborhood last week.

Had a guy work for me, who used to run that scam. He told me all about it.

Have you even seen the meat? It looks nasty.

You could have probably got it for $100.

You want a deal?

Next summer, look for the guys selling flats of Strawberrys for $5.

Now that sounds like a scam :ols:

Archived