Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

QB Wonderlic scores from this years combine

NAC386

He' s just below average QB, significantly below average starter.

I don't see how you can justifiably make the claim Jason Campbell is a below average starter when he was statistically slightly better than average, and better than many QB's with worse offensive lines and running attacks and possessing defenses that could tackle when it matters or hold a lead.

Take a look at that list again on page 1 of this thread, post 7.

I'll take any of the top 5 scorers on that list above any of the bottom 5.

So many posters want to talk about QB's being "winners." I see a lot of QB's near the bottom of that list that were "winners" as starters. Vince Young posts horrible stats but wins. So does Mike Vick. Even Jeff George put up some pretty good seasons.

What about the list on page two? Drew Henson and Alex Smith top that chart. Not exactly blowing up the league right now. Charlie Frye, Matt Leinart, and Kellen Clemens are all above Tom Brady. Joey Harrington, Patrick Ramsey, Sage Rosenfels, and JP Losman all scored better than Phillip Rivers. You can't just pick a few names from a limited pool of data to form an educated opinion. The wonderlic means very little and I doubt many GM's put much stock into it.

The wonderlic isn't a test of QB intelligence at all. it's just a standardized test that means nothing.

Playing a sport is exactly that -- playing a sport. Being a great QB is about vision and field awareness. It's not about doing logic problems or solving math.

It's about anticipation and having the "it" factor. The wonderlic doesnt test for any of this at all

It seems to be 28-33 is the sweet spot...Guys too high are starters, but not superstars, and guys below that well, struggle.

Maybe because a QB needs to be smart enough to read the field well, but not too smart where he is overthinking?

Dallas supposedly considers 30 to be the perfect score. (aikman got a 29)

Archived