Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

QB Wonderlic scores from this years combine

NAC386

Very interesting that the average NFL QB is lower than the average NFL starter.

:helmet:The Rook

Not that surprising if you think about it.

Remember back to high school or college. The QB wasn't in the science club.

Usually, he was pretty much a moron. A good-looking, gets the cheerleaders, rocks for brains moron.

And your HS football coach was probably the same. When he wasn't coaching, he may have been teaching gym class.

No difference with most in the football field--even at higher levels. See Zorn, Jim "Spicoli", or Cerrato, Vincent.

Not that surprising if you think about it.

Remember back to high school or college. The QB wasn't in the science club.

Usually, he was pretty much a moron. A good-looking, gets the cheerleaders, rocks for brains moron.

And your HS football coach was probably the same. When he wasn't coaching, he may have been teaching gym class.

No difference with most in the football field--even at higher levels. See Zorn, Jim "Spicoli", or Cerrato, Vincent.

You have seen way to many movies beau

for comparison

E. Manning 39

T. Romo sits to pee 37

T. Brady 33

P. Rivers 30

R. Grossman 29

AVERAGE NFL STARTING QB: 28.5

P. Manning 28

J. cutler 26

K. orton 26

B. Roethlisberger 25

Average NFL QB: 24

JASON CAMPBELL 23

T. jackson 19

V. Young 15 (second time, reportedly "6" and hired tutor)

M. Vick 11

J. George 10

This is the lowest 3 I could find, and some active QBs for comparison sake. Frankly, I see no reason to dump Campbell if it isnt for someone smarter who can maker quicker decisions--his score would suggest Claussen could not.

Dan Marino got a 16. The Wonderlic is hardly foolproof.

Lies! I refuse to believe Romo sits to pee and Eli scored that high! :)

Seriously though, Peyton scored 11 points below Eli ? That invalidates this silly test!

Peyton took it before the "coaching" went big time. They say to subtract a point for every year after 1998.

Also, Dallas, as a franchise, places the most faith in this system as Tom landry introduced the wonderlic to the NFL.

I think it means you have to take Bradford if he's there, but pass on Claussen and take Okung if he's there. Otherwise trade down for anything you can get.

Exactly and again if you somehow have the opportunity to trade up and get Bradford you do it. Doubt it happens but the upside is much greater with the QB.

Peyton took it before the "coaching" went big time. They say to subtract a point for every year after 1998.

Also, Dallas, as a franchise, places the most faith in this system as Tom landry introduced the wonderlic to the NFL.

I also don't believe George is the dumbest of the bunch just the one whose ego could have cared less about it.

So Bradford is immediately one of the smartest QBs in the league.

That's huge. No dog-fighting rings, and unlikely to do anything stupid to jeopardize his career.

That's also a big plus on the field.

More importantly, no one else at QB is smart enough to learn new tricks any faster than Campbell. They wouldn't pay off for years, so JC would have to stay for a while.

several teams have minimum scores. for instance the Browns don't want anyone under 24 for QA (sorry Jason) The Cowboys supposedly want 30 from a QB. So the really low scores don't get a shot unless they were otherwise big deals.

A high score doesn't necessarily measure how well will they do, but how fast they learn--how quickly they might reach their potential--i.e. Matt Ryan (high) vs. Brett Favre (low).

Yea I'm just messing around wanted to throw out my Ruthlessraper monicker me and see if catches on.

It would be funny if it weren't true. What are the odds of one guy getting multiple false accusations thrown his way for sexual assault? Probably almost zero. That guy is a total creep. Remember when he claimed the redskins try to distract opposing teams by having their cheerleaders warm up in front of them? The court system has due process, but this guy deserves to be stoned by an angry mob of women.

several teams have minimum scores. for instance the Browns don't want anyone under 24 for QA (sorry Jason) The Cowboys supposedly want 30 from a QB. So the really low scores don't get a shot unless they were otherwise big deals.

A high score doesn't necessarily measure how well they do, but how fast they learn--how quickly they might reach their potential--i.e. Matt Ryan.

Troy Aikman - 29

It would be funny if it weren't true. What are the odds of one guy getting multiple false accusations thrown his way for sexual assault? Probably almost zero. That guy is a total creep. Remember when he claimed the redskins try to distract opposing teams by having their cheerleaders warm up in front of them? The court system has due process, but this guy deserves to be stoned by an angry mob of women.

I don't want to get off topic and I'm not saying "Ruthlessraper" (I find that hillarious) is/isn't guilty of the allegations but I know if I were looking for a civil suit based on sexual assault I would look for a guy with a history to make my story more believable.

As far as the wonderlic I don't really put any stock in it. If they score well great if not oh well. If they are too stupid to play football that should be more evident in interviews and game tape than a standardized test. I've met some real morons that were excellent test takers.

Too many horrible QB's with high Wonderlic scores and good QB's with low scores to make any real conclusive decisions based on it.

Too many horrible QB's with high Wonderlic scores and good QB's with low scores to make any real conclusive decisions based on it.

Take a look at that list again on page 1 of this thread, post 7.

I'll take any of the top 5 scorers on that list above any of the bottom 5.

Take a look at that list again on page 1 of this thread, post 7.

I'll take any of the top 5 scorers on that list above any of the bottom 5.

I don't think a random ES post picking and choosing 10-15 names to make a list is really something to go on.

It's far too easy to pick the good QB's who scored high and place them on top, and pick bad QB's who scored low and place them on the bottom.

Random ES post isn't scientific enough for me to draw any conclusions.

I don't think a random ES post picking and choosing 10-15 names to make a list is really something to go on.

It's far too easy to pick the good QB's who scored high and place them on top, and pick bad QB's who scored low and place them on the bottom.

Random ES post isn't scientific enough for me to draw any conclusions.

That's thinkin withyer dipstick! But seriously, smart man. Anyone can compile a list of NFL QB's and put some high scores and some low scores of random players of their choosing and have it reflect whatever you want.

Archived