Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question for the board....

codeorama

is an anonymous board public?

Yes. Anyone in the Freemasons isn't going to come forward to a stranger and admit they are a Mason, it's against the code. You have to be sought out for this by a Mason or investigate it yourself. Freemasons have been accused of everything from Devil Worshipping, starting new religions, creating the United States, and on and on. They are still persecuted today and remain a private group. They aren't any of the negative things you will see about them online, people just think the worst when things are kept private and secret. Seek and you shall find but random questions aren't going to get you far like this.

Yes. Anyone in the Freemasons isn't going to come forward to a stranger and admit they are a Mason, it's against the code. You have to be sought out for this by a Mason or investigate it yourself. Freemasons have been accused of everything from Devil Worshipping, starting new religions, creating the United States, and on and on. They are still persecuted today and remain a private group. They aren't any of the negative things you will see about them online, people just think the worst when things are kept private and secret. Seek and you shall find but random questions aren't going to get you far like this.

generally speaking that's true, but I've had a customer and a couple friends talk somewhat openly about it. But you're right, I brought the subject up after seeing the insignia on the car (which isn't very anonymous either).

generally speaking that's true, but I've had a customer and a couple friends talk somewhat openly about it. But you're right, I brought the subject up after seeing the insignia on the car (which isn't very anonymous either).

If you seek them out, they will speak with you about it. However that will be done in private, not on an open forum like this one

I've been intrigued by the freemasons for awhile. Love watching the documentaries on Discovery and learning more about them. Obviously I know a lot of ? cannot be answered but are Shriners and Freemasons the same thing? Or just similar type organizations?

They are not the same

Yes. Anyone in the Freemasons isn't going to come forward to a stranger and admit they are a Mason, it's against the code.

LOL! Hi. My name is Ellis and I'm a freemason. ;)

There's no code, bud.

The time and place of our meetings are published in the newspaper and have been for a very long time. You'll find that most freemasons love talking about the Craft. We're a very proud bunch of men.

You have to be sought out for this by a Mason or investigate it yourself.

Over the summer of 2009, about a dozen random gentleman contacted our Lodge to gain membership. We met with all of them as we have with any gentleman who chooses to join. The majority of them followed through and joined. Recruiting is against the rules.

There's been a dramatic spike in men seeking membership. It's quite diffficult to keep up with but it's also very encouraging to see so many men attracted to the fraternity.

Freemasons have been accused of everything from Devil Worshipping, starting new religions, creating the United States, and on and on. They are still persecuted today and remain a private group.

Yes, we get accused of a lot and our silence doesn't really help.

I'd say at least once every 2 month I get accused of being a racist when an ignorant person sees my ring. I find silence to be golden. I could argue with them and list every single race that is part of my Lodge, including African-American, but then I'd be stooping to their level.

They aren't any of the negative things you will see about them online, people just think the worst when things are kept private and secret. Seek and you shall find but random questions aren't going to get you far like this.

Questions are the best way to get answers. And like I said, freemasons love to talk about their fraternity.

I will have a lodge visit next week. Thanks for the advice

Awesome!

My only advice is... if you are serious about joining, don't read any books about the fraternity or watch any documentaries that speak of the degree work. You won't want to spoil some of the mystery you're about to experience. It's much more enriching to experience your degree work uninformed and then to study afterwards.

LOL! Hi. My name is Ellis and I'm a freemason. ;)

There's no code, bud.

The time and place of our meetings are published in the newspaper and have been for a very long time. You'll find that most freemasons love talking about the Craft. We're a very proud bunch of men.

Hi there. I am also a Freemason. As for what you said here meetings, times. lodges, are published as you said and Masons are not private about where they meet and haven't been for many years. However they are very private about what happens in the meetings. It is not suggested or encouraged to go around annoucing your a Mason like this in a public forum. And yes there is a code and yes there are secret handshakes and other things to keep memberships private amongst non masonic people. Not all lodges are the same apparently, I was taught by my own lodge, and what I believe. I've already crossed over the line on my privacy issue and need to be silent. Just know brother, I am not making anything up and know what I speak of.

Recruiting is against the rules.

This is simply not true. I was recruited by a brother because he knew me, my heart, and my life. He asked me to check into it and that's how it started for me. Others in this thread have said there family members have asked them to join. Recruiting strangers to this is against the rules because this is by invite only. No one becomes a Mason without being vouched in. Brothers recruit there friends and family all the time.

I find silence to be golden.

Apparently not as much as I do

Questions are the best way to get answers. And like I said, freemasons love to talk about their fraternity.

No they do not. You do not speak for Masons, you speak for yourself. Do not say you speak for all Masons

Hi there. I am also a Freemason. As for what you said here meetings, times. lodges, are published as you said and Masons are not private about where they meet and haven't been for many years. However they are very private about what happens in the meetings. It is not suggested or encouraged to go around annoucing your a Mason like this in a public forum. And yes there is a code and yes there are secret handshakes and other things to keep memberships private amongst non masonic people. Not all lodges are the same apparently, I was taught by my own lodge, and what I believe. I've already crossed over the line on my privacy issue and need to be silent. Just know brother, I am not making anything up and know what I speak of.

Pleased to meet ya!:)

My goal was to simply make it clear that Freemasons are a society of secrets more than a secret society.

This is simply not true. I was recruited by a brother because he knew me, my heart, and my life. He asked me to check into it and that's how it started for me. Others in this thread have said there family members have asked them to join. Recruiting strangers to this is against the rules because this is by invite only. No one becomes a Mason without being vouched in. Brothers recruit there friends and family all the time.

It's not unusual for family to encourage their relatives to join but I wouldn't consider that recruiting. My grandfather never once asked me to join. I asked him. It was a great experience.

No they do not. You do not speak for Masons, you speak for yourself. Do not say you speak for all Masons

I've yet to meet a mason who wasn't proud of what we do charitably and that would love to talk about it.

Archived