Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

6yr Old Kids Bday Party Ideas (Magician?) in NOVA

RabidFan

I know a lot of us on her have kids and my daughter is talking about getting a magician for her bday party in April. I have a few references with websites but wanted to check here if anyone had direct experience with magicians in our area and any testimonials or recommendations. Anyone have any first hand knowledge of an entertainer who they would endorse? We've already done the pump it up moonbounce places, had pony rides in our backyard with animal petting zoo but this year she is on a magician kick. Ideas/Endorsements for the local area?

For some reason, despite the lack of similarities, this reminds me of that funny craigslist ad someone posted where some parents were looking for a Lil Wayne impersonator for their blind child, and were requesting and audition video of the prospect. You just had to see the whole ad to appreciate it, but of course, it's expired now.

I found a copy of that ad :

My son is turning 16 and really wanted Lil Wayne to perform for his birthday gala. Unfortunately his schedule will not permit him to make it. I need a Lil Wayne impersonator desperately.

Here is the kicker my son is blind so you do not need to look like the rapper just sound like him. I understand he grunts and mumbles a lot. I don’t care if you are 67 and Jewish if you can sing the songs you’re hired. Money is not an issue. Name your price. Interested individuals please let me know your rap experience, video of you performing as Lil Wayne would be better. If that is not feasible we can arrange for a live audition.

Serious inquiries only, this is very important to my family. Young Money Baby!

I found a copy of that ad :

My son is turning 16 and really wanted Lil Wayne to perform for his birthday gala. Unfortunately his schedule will not permit him to make it. I need a Lil Wayne impersonator desperately.

Here is the kicker my son is blind so you do not need to look like the rapper just sound like him. I understand he grunts and mumbles a lot. I don’t care if you are 67 and Jewish if you can sing the songs you’re hired. Money is not an issue. Name your price. Interested individuals please let me know your rap experience, video of you performing as Lil Wayne would be better. If that is not feasible we can arrange for a live audition.

Serious inquiries only, this is very important to my family. Young Money Baby!

That's amazing.

An honest answer, not being even remotely from the area, would be laser tag or a Discovery Zone-esque place if you can't find a good magician. The best parties I ever had as a little kid were at Laser Tag (though for some reason South Florida has THE BEST laser tag in the world; weird, right?) and Discovery Zone.

4 for 4 for sarcasm...i love this place..figured i'd get a serious helpful one by page 2 anyway but at least Mick didn't offer to sing cause i'd hate to scar the kids for life...even for free. :)

lol sorry everytime I think of magicians Criss Angel and his wacky costumes come to mind. Just couldn't help myself.

From a personal experience, I'd have you take your kid and his friends to laser tag like Chopper Dave suggested.

lol sorry everytime I think of magicians Criss Angel and his wacky costumes come to mind. Just couldn't help myself.

From a personal experience, I'd have you take your kid and his friends to laser tag like Chopper Dave suggested.

I'm pretty sure it's for his daughter, but regardless, my sister had parties at laser tag too, and as far as I remember she and all of her friends had a great time.

Like I said, though, it's different here. I've been to laser tag in other parts of the state, and in other parts of the country, and it's just no comparison. The places around here have warehouse-sized rooms filled with a half dozen three story buildings with mirrors and smoke and obstacles. It's crazy. You feel like Martin Sheen in Apocalypse Now.

Edit: Come to think of it, this probably explains why South Florida is filled with oxycontin, strippers, and evil. On second thought RabidFan, I'd stay away from laser tag.

My folks did a magician for my little bro a few years back but I was too young to care about where they contracted them from or anything like that.

I also remember I was 14 ish at the time and they did a substantial amount of "adult" jokes which was great for me, but flew over those kids head. I think a magician for 6 year olds might be a gamble because you don't see the routine ahead of time. It just takes one parent to be offended by a fart joke or a "balloon = condom" reference to ruin the good time.

Aside from laser tag, I also remember really enjoying a trip with a smaller group (4-5 friends) to one of the D.C. museums. Sure, it sounds dorky, but when you get those kids looking at Dinosaur bones and the Hope diamond and such, you'd be surprised how much they'll actually enjoy it. I don't know how far NOVA is from Philly, but the only time I've been to Philly I went to some museum and saw an Imax and loved the hell out of it.

then I just disappeared from your kid's party....so there's your magic act

But it's not free.....I'll send you the bill for my absence :)

God bless you Mick, the check is in the mail and for me its a good investment :)

as far as laser tag we want to do something at the house this year and when I think of clowns I think of Chucko the drunkard showing up in Uncle Buck. Many magician sites have vids so it helps but she is bent on it and I don't want to disappoint because she loves the tv specials of the Man in the Mask that gives out secrets and I got her a kit for Xmas this year.

Just looking for peeps that might have exp and know of people in the area...hell I'd prefer a sexy temptress but its for the kid. LOL

Archived